Have they fixed the games performance issues yet?

TheUnforgiven259

I started day 1 and installed all Updates whenever they were available. I did encounter minor issues with late rendering and some lagging.

But I had exactly 1 crash during my platinum run - during the end credits the game crashed with a blue screen. But apart from that I did not encounter any major problems. I really enjoyed it and I am right now enjoying my current survival run.

I know that a lot of people here are complaining about lost saves, game breaking bugs and major lagging and rendering problems. But apart from the one crash and some minor issues (as mentioned above), it worked pretty well for me (on my 4.5 years old PS4)

Edited by Captain_Bone_666
Typo
  • Like 1

Any issues this game may have are barley noticed by the average person.  I had no issue with the game and feel it is way more polished than most games from major developers like Ubisoft.  It may not be Red Dead level polished but hell it's way more fun to play.   This is what gaming should be about, gameplay.

• Like 1

I've had lag and even the game freeze up twice... but only for a moment while on the bike.  But nothing major for me.  Game did glitch out on me with a nest which I destroyed, but the game didn't count.  Luckily reloading my save fixed that issue.  But really, nothing horrible so far, no crashes, just the long loading time at the start and at least twice where it froze up while on the bike.

On 15/06/2019 at 9:28 PM, steel6burgh said:

Any issues this game may have are barley noticed by the average person.  I had no issue with the game and feel it is way more polished than most games from major developers like Ubisoft.  It may not be Red Dead level polished but hell it's way more fun to play.   This is what gaming should be about, gameplay.

You wouldn't say that if you were playing and running into issues like me. I'm playing PS4 pro on 4k HDR and episodes of texture popping and frame drops are atrocious. Sure most of the time the visuals are great but it doesn't make up for the fact that any session with the game will have these technical slowdowns which ruin the immersion. It's the most inconsistent game I've played this gen.

36 minutes ago, couch__loser said:

You wouldn't say that if you were playing and running into issues like me. I'm playing PS4 pro on 4k HDR and episodes of texture popping and frame drops are atrocious. Sure most of the time the visuals are great but it doesn't make up for the fact that any session with the game will have these technical slowdowns which ruin the immersion. It's the most inconsistent game I've played this gen.

I mean i played it on a ps4 pro on 4k as well I didn't have any major problems.  Certainly not nothing that ruined it for me.   It seems to be inconsistent from one person to the next.

11 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Only problem is the framerate.

I've finished the game today. Texture pop in is absolutely annoying. I'm not looking out for it but I still see it all the time. If you don't notice it count yourself lucky.

Towards the end of the game the framerate (when riding the bike at full speed) is truly horrible. Once the whole map opened all my trips were suffering low framerate. I would love to play a sequel where it's locked 60fps just to make the gameplay quick and fluid.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sci-fi-math said:

I've finished the game today. Texture pop in is absolutely annoying. I'm not looking out for it but I still see it all the time. If you don't notice it count yourself lucky.

Towards the end of the game the framerate (when riding the bike at full speed) is truly horrible. Once the whole map opened all my trips were suffering low framerate. I would love to play a sequel where it's locked 60fps just to make the gameplay quick and fluid.

Same and 100% agree.  Love the game but I'm glad I got my 100% back.... survival was more annoying than difficult.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:15 PM, sci-fi-math said:

I finished the story today and the framerate was terrible towards the end. Some of the audio was off and I even noticed some dialogue repeated itself even after completing a mission. I was doing a different mission but the dialogue was from the previous mission.

Other than that I have enjoyed the story. It wasn't a must have for me but I was able to get it for half price. It is a good game but could be better especialy with the bugs ironed out.