Easy to Plat RPGs?

Spraragen88

7 minutes ago, Remi-chan said:

Final Fantasy games are really easy, just super tine consuming.

final fantasy 7 only has a couple missed trophy's but slightly time consuming. wouldn't reccomend final fantasy X-2 since there's so many things that could go wrong in not getting the perfect ending for the plat.

there was a few times in that run where i thought i wouldn't reach it.

Edited by lordguwa

Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana is a failry easy game to platinum. It can be a bit time consuming but I found it really enjoyable and had a lot of fun while going for the plat. The difficulty related trophy is basically nothing if you leveled good enough in a normal playthrough and then make NG+ for Hard. And the story can be enjoyed without having to play the former titles in the series. I only started with them after playing Ys 8

Another game that's supposed to be easy is Fairy Fencer F. Haven't played it that far but so far it is also an enjoyable jrpg.

• Like 1

Most of the Kemco games are, 90% of them don't even require a guide.  10-25 hour plats each and there are like 14 of them that are quick.  They follow the same trophy formula, collect chests, walk steps, damage, story trophies, weapon forging and arena trophies.  The only one that isn't quick is Marenian Tavern Story.

Cosmic Star Heroine - not Japanese but it's the closest a game had gotten to properly reimagining Chrono Trigger in my opinion.

I am Setsuna and Lost Sphear - both were apparently heavily influenced by old JRPGs, specifically Chrono Trigger, but they felt nothing like them. Both have flaws and you should wait on a sale. Still enjoyed them myself.

.hack//G.U. Last Recode - You should watch .hack//Roots first so that stops a lot of people from wanting to play it. Also absurd amounts of RNG grinding that isn't even fun that must be done 3 times to get the platinum.

Lost Dimension - only on PS3 and Vita. Unique game mechanics where you have to sacrifice a party member to keep advancing the game but there's also traitors in the group. The traitors are random each time you play so you can't use a guide or be spoiled really. Game play is like Valkyria Chronicles. Also...

Valkyria Chronicles - only played part of the PS3 version that didn't have trophies. Not sure if the remaster on PS4 changes things but it has trophies.

Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 - PS2 games that are on PSN and have trophies. 1 will be about 50-70 hours unless you abuse the glitch. 2 is 100+ hours. Both are perfect games in my opinion. Part dungeon crawler + action RPG, part town building simulator.

There's more PS2 JRPGs on the PSN but I haven't played any of them try. Wild Arms 3 is there and I played Wild Arms 1 and loved it. 1 was Western meets sci-fi fantasy. I own the whole series besides 5 + 3 again on PSN but told myself I'd play them in numerical order. I believe they're stand alone games though with just references and Easter eggs to the previous games.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Spraragen88 said:

I want to start platting some RPGs (I prefer JRPG over stuff like Fallout/Skyrim...)

Can anyone give some suggestions as to what PS4 RPGs are fairly easy to plat? I am already on my way to finishing DQXI but need suggestions for my next game.

Can you define "easy" to help narrow down your request?

Atelier Sophie and the following Atelier games from the Mysterious Trilogy. They removed the time limit, so they're super relaxing and enjoyable. Once you got the grip of how the synthesis works, it's super easy as well. 

The older games were also great, but the time limit made them a bit more stressful to complete.

1 hour ago, MandA60VISE said:

Valkyria Chronicles - only played part of the PS3 version that didn't have trophies. Not sure if the remaster on PS4 changes things but it has trophies.

It has all DLC, meaning if you know what you're doing, you can get most powerful weapons in the game early.

That is also my fastest plat, but it depends. I don't know any "easy" ones that are obtainable for everyone in just a few days. Even some high % plats like Atelier games or Super Robot Wars could take a while without proper guide to certain things and possible extra playthroughs.

Edited by mecharobot

From my personal experience, the ones that easily come to mind are...

Blue Reflection - Still one of my favorites and will be giving it another platinum playthrough. Not challenging even at the hardest difficulty, requires little to no grind, and I found it enjoyable with it's Sailor Moon appeal.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - Very fun Strategy JRPG, it has DLC included which can unlock op weapons for squads that can make the main game very easy, the only grinding you will probably have is getting kills but that can also be done in short time with a single map.

Nier Automata - Amazing JRPG that shouldn't be missed out on, you can literary buy trophies in game to acquire your platinum if your into that.

I probably have some more recommendations that I missed out or felt they are easy to platinum but require mass amounts of time grinding or be stuck heavily with a guide.

Anyways, hope you enjoy my favorite genre and best wishes on your platinums!

Usually Jrpg are easy but need a lot of time but if you don't care about the time you should try games like Persona 5, Trails of cold steel l and after ll, .Hack//G.U, Night of Azure, Atelier Nelke, Atelier Totori, Valkyria Chronicle, Nier Automata, Neptunia VIIR, Megadimension Neptunai VII, Cyberdimension Neptunia, Shining resonance. 

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

Star Ocean games are easy

Ummm, I know Star Ocean 5 is easy but never try SO 4 but I plated Star Ocean 3 and the trophy guide has a difficulty 7/10 but I agree with you, sure it has a 7/10 but actually the game is a 3/10 when you reach the point where can create the best equipement for each characters. It need a lot of grind and around 120 hours and since only need the 80% of BT is a piece of cake, even the ultimate true last boss can be defeate without take damage ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mecharobot said:

It has all DLC, meaning if you know what you're doing, you can get most powerful weapons in the game early.

Well damn I need to get the remaster sooner rather than later then. Got tired of the PS3 version because of a lot of planning ahead was required but if I can just steamroll everything then sign me up.

I only recently just started playing trails of cold steel, but I'd definitely recommend it to any JRPG fan. You do have to beat it on Nightmare (hardest difficulty), but you can just use your NG+ run for that and carry over your levels/equipment/quartz to make that difficulty a joke. I also agree with the above responses since I've played most of the games mentioned and some are on my backlog.

Glad this thread popped up, I wouldn't mind finding some new, easy JRPG's as well. I have Ni no Kuni II and Final Fantasy XV waiting to be played. 

Some people mentioned Kemco...I've never heard of this dev. What are some games I should look into from them? 

48 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It's not that hard if you keep talking to Barret in Cosmo Canyon. But don't talk to him too many times or you'll glitch the progress or something.

I just mean relative to the rest of them since it's glitchy, but yeah, the entire platinum is easy.

Have you played Dragon Quest XI? 

It's a pretty easy plat, just a bit time consuming as it involves grinding for materials.

NieR Automata is also easy. (You can also buy trophies post-game if you'd like.) 

Sword Art Online: Lost Song isn't hard to platinum either.