Easy to Plat RPGs?

Spraragen88

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

Ummm, I know Star Ocean 5 is easy but never try SO 4 but I plated Star Ocean 3 and the trophy guide has a difficulty 7/10 but I agree with you, sure it has a 7/10 but actually the game is a 3/10 when you reach the point where can create the best equipement for each characters. It need a lot of grind and around 120 hours and since only need the 80% of BT is a piece of cake, even the ultimate true last boss can be defeate without take damage ?

Yeah, other than a couple of early battles, SO3 is easy enough. You can just grind your levels if you ever struggle up until you get item creation, then after that you can just spam stun bombs to win easy. I think the trophy guide put the difficulty way too high tbh, it should be lowered. There is quite a long grind though, yeah - though they could’ve made it way worse by doing 100% BTs, or all items created, or all maps covered/chests opened...pretty much what SO4 did xD

SO4 is similar (though the grind is way, waaaaayyyyy worse) in that there’s a couple of difficult battles at the beginning until you can grind/invent things to make it easy. It’s a verrrryyyy long Plat though. I got the 100% back on Xbox360, I don’t know if I want to go through it again to get the Plat... >_<

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Yeah, other than a couple of early battles, SO3 is easy enough. You can just grind your levels if you ever struggle up until you get item creation, then after that you can just spam stun bombs to win easy. I think the trophy guide put the difficulty way too high tbh, it should be lowered. There is quite a long grind though, yeah - though they could’ve made it way worse by doing 100% BTs, or all items created, or all maps covered/chests opened...pretty much what SO4 did xD

SO4 is similar (though the grind is way, waaaaayyyyy worse) in that there’s a couple of difficult battles at the beginning until you can grind/invent things to make it easy. It’s a verrrryyyy long Plat though. I got the 100% back on Xbox360, I don’t know if I want to go through it again to get the Plat... >_<

I think the difficulty is high because you need a lot of time, the grind you must to do and the source you need to see (forum, walkthrough) and the infomous bunny race but yeah if we talk about game difficulty (easy, normal galaxy mode etc) it's easy when you craft (with the help of certain alchemist) your equipement and when Fayt unlock the skill  you-must-spam-unti-the-end-of-the-game. Or maybe actually some poeple have a hard time with this game and the difficulty is actually correct.

Edited by AlchemistWer

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy Type 0

Shining Resonance Refrain

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Persona 5

Dragon Age II

Last Rebellion

RobOfLeeds.png

Edited by RobOfLeeds
  • Like 1

Tales of Berseria, Zesteria and Vesperia are all easy to platinum, but take 100+ hours. Berseria took me 90 hours, Vesperia took 125 hours. A lot of grinding, but you can make the game easier or harder by adjusting the difficulty setting

FFX-2, XII TZA and XV: All fairly reasonable platinums, very time consuming except FFXV. XII took me 90 hours and was a bit challenging with the boss fights and dungeons, but doable with effort and a walkthrough. FFX-2 needs a walkthrough for 100% completion, as it has lots of missable side quests needed for the trophy and a fair few annoying mini games like sphere break and the gunners gauntlet. It wasn't hard, took me 80 hours, bosses are tough but if you get all the dresspheres and the mascot one, and invest in creature create to get a bunch of iron dukes, it's not hard. XV was easy to plat, took me 50 hours and didn't have much grinding compared to the rest. 

Persona 5: A very long platinum close to 100 hours, but easy to do and you can select the difficulty level.

Nier automata: a super easy platinum, it took me 30 hours. If you do not use the trophy shop it takes 60 hours but it's easy to play. 

KH3: The only Kingdom Hearts game with an easy platinum. 

On 6/15/2019 at 2:34 PM, Lagoon Aris said:

KH Dream Drop Distance is also easy. Those two are the only KH games that don't have difficulty related trophies needed for platinum.

Wait you don't need Proud/Critical for DDD? I MIIIIIGHT just play it again... A lot of it was really tiresome on 3DS but I was also on Proud.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:01 PM, Stormverse said:

Alvastia Chronicles

Antiquia Lost

Asdivine Dios

Asdivine Hearts

Asdivine Hearts 2

Bonds of the Skies

Chronus Arc

Dragon Sinker

Fernz Gate
Frane: Dragon's Odyssey

Legend of the Tetrarchs

Marenian Tavern Story

Revenant Dogma

Revenant Saga

Sephirothic Stories

Plus there are compilations of the various games Kemco RPG Volume 1 and 2

They release new games regularly, like 1 or 2 every couple months

Awesome, thanks. I'll look into these. 

Plat Star Ocean 4 if you want to become insane like me.

A lot of the jrpgs are grindy, bro. You still have to put the hours in regardless of difficulty.

I class Monster Boy: The Cursed Kingdom as a jrpg because it's part of Westone's Wonder Boy series. If you like side scrolling adventure games, please do give this one a try. :)

So let me pose the opposite question... What is a (J)RPG that would be considered "hard to platinum"? I can't think of one to be honest ? Maybe Divinity: Original Sin 2, but that one is still waiting in my backlog, so I'm not sure. 

As for maybe the "easiest" ones I've played: 

• Undertale. Don't even need to complete the game. I wouldn't recommend it, though, unless you know what you are getting from this game. 
  • Child of Light. Super easy and short RPG that, to be honest, got boring quickly. It's a 100% title though, no platinum. 
  • Any Final Fantasy, especially VII and XV are easy to plat, but so are all other ones (maybe IX being the hardest due to the rope-jump minigame)
  • Persona 5. If you want to do it the boring way, a guide just released on this page that will get you the plat without thinking about it. 
  • NieR: Automata. You can buy trophies...
Edited by Arcesus7

9 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

So let me pose the opposite question... What is a (J)RPG that would be considered "hard to platinum"? I can't think of one to be honest 1f605.png Maybe Divinity: Original Sin 2, but that one is still waiting in my backlog, so I'm not sure. 

As for maybe the "easiest" ones I've played: 

• Undertale. Don't even need to complete the game. I wouldn't recommend it, though, unless you know what you are getting from this game. 
  • Child of Light. Super easy and short RPG that, to be honest, got boring quickly. It's a 100% title though, no platinum. 
  • Any Final Fantasy, especially VII and XV are easy to plat, but so are all other ones (maybe IX being the hardest due to the rope-jump minigame)
  • Persona 5. If you want to do it the boring way, a guide just released on this page that will get you the plat without thinking about it. 
  • NieR: Automata. You can buy trophies...

Probably would consider time consuming games like star ocean 4 or omega quintet hard to plat. But there’s not many where skill is a factor

i thought that lapis x labyrinth would be an easy game to plat, but these last few trophies are so rng hell im close to throwing in the towel

On 15/06/2019 at 5:27 PM, Spraragen88 said:

I want to start platting some RPGs (I prefer JRPG over stuff like Fallout/Skyrim...)

Can anyone give some suggestions as to what PS4 RPGs are fairly easy to plat? I am already on my way to finishing DQXI but need suggestions for my next game.

I would recommend you Cosmic Star Heroine, it is a good RPG and it's relative short to platinum, I got it in 3 days. 

Battle system is like CHRONO trigger and it has lots of things to do, very entertaining! 

Edited by Carttagos

51 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

omega quintet hard to plat.

Omega Quintet is actually easy but in my opinion a terrible experience, you must repeat the same strategy over and over in order to beat the game in the harder difficulty for around 110 hours and the story is an absolutely meh. Of course if you play it without the strategy the trophy guide explain is really hard to figure out how beat certain mandatory bosses. I play it two time (first time I did not play with the platinum on mind and play the easy difficult) and the game remained a lot of time on my profile with 50% of completion until the last summer when I platted it ?

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 11:51 AM, Viper said:

Glad this thread popped up, I wouldn't mind finding some new, easy JRPG's as well. I have Ni no Kuni II and Final Fantasy XV waiting to be played. 

Some people mentioned Kemco...I've never heard of this dev. What are some games I should look into from them? 

Specifically, check out Legend of the Tetrarchs. It's extremely easy mindless fun. Reminds me of a mash-up between Lufia/Breath of Fire/Dragon Quest.

• Like 1