Easy to Plat RPGs?

Spraragen88

3 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

I know. But i think judging them like that is also not that correct otherwise what are the hard plat? Probably just stuff like Vanquish, Sekiro & Co because the game itself are Hard.

That kind a game has the essence of "by a hard game" so game designers created a game with the intention so yeah, that kind of game are the harder JRPG.

For me evene a Plat Like rorona is A Slightly hard one because of all the stuff it requires you to do and the different endings. It's Hard per se for difficiulty? No but it's hard to work on everything and follow everything in guides to do it so not that easy.

Well... I think Arlanad serie in this case teach the player very well the important of the time and how do a good management of the in-game time, look around for information like trophy guide, forum, walkthrough can be tiresome for some people, especially those that don't like play with guides but I think the word "hard" is not the suitable word for this kind of game.

But that's my catch, probably the Thread Opener meant Hard in pure game difficulty in which case yeah i don't think there are many JRpgs that are actually hard to do, just tedious.

I thought the same the first time I saw this thread, if we talk about in pure game difficulty maybe Dark soul or that kind of game but the rest... just tedious like you said, like kill a boss that demand a certain preparation or some mandatory items or upgrade weapon, etc., or games that has a focus in world building or narrative like kiseki games where the mechanics or the battle in general are just a kind of "complement" and very easy to understand, I mean is fun go and kill enemies and have all monsters information but the intention behind the game is other, talk with npc, know more about the world, the problems it has, the relations among characters, etc.

At the end people who play jrpg know very well what they want to do and what expect. :) 

Well, yesterday I was going to talk about time but I guess that most gamers know that RPG gamers requires dozens of hours for completion, and that's why they don't consider very grindy games to be hard to plat.

For me, considering my limited time to gaming a grindy plat it's not just long but also not easy.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:05 PM, AlchemistWer said:

That kind a game has the essence of "by a hard game" so game designers created a game with the intention so yeah, that kind of game are the harder JRPG.

Well... I think Arlanad serie in this case teach the player very well the important of the time and how do a good management of the in-game time, look around for information like trophy guide, forum, walkthrough can be tiresome for some people, especially those that don't like play with guides but I think the word "hard" is not the suitable word for this kind of game.

I thought the same the first time I saw this thread, if we talk about in pure game difficulty maybe Dark soul or that kind of game but the rest... just tedious like you said, like kill a boss that demand a certain preparation or some mandatory items or upgrade weapon, etc., or games that has a focus in world building or narrative like kiseki games where the mechanics or the battle in general are just a kind of "complement" and very easy to understand, I mean is fun go and kill enemies and have all monsters information but the intention behind the game is other, talk with npc, know more about the world, the problems it has, the relations among characters, etc.

At the end people who play jrpg know very well what they want to do and what expect. :) 

Well isn't that Worth saying for every Trophy Releated to something hard? Let's not Take and RPG buta shooter CoD for example, the Challenges are pretty hard and so is the Plat because of that otherwise it would be pretty easy to get. So that's worth saying for any game :P 

Well i would say guides and Walkthrough are almost a Must for most JRPGs unless you need to do more Runs or there aren't missable/Endings which is usually not the case.

Yeah this things are more "Long" than Hard for both the game and the Plat. I saw some people writing here FFX and it's not really hard, you Can and almost have to max out your Team anyway and once maxed out the hardest Boss is just a matter of time as a battle. Now X-2 instead i would say it's a bit hard because there you actually have to manage well in the Battles (Against Trema mostly) otherwise you lose even at Lv99.

Well i think nowadays most people check guides before if they are interested in trophies to see how a game is and as said usually for JRPGs i expect, multiple endings/LongPlat or A bunch of missable :) 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 5:58 AM, trajon28 said:

Disappointed that I've only seen one reply mention them but the Trails of Cold Steel games are a great option imo. The series as a whole is one of my favorites and I had a lot of fun platinuming the first one on Vita. The second is on my to do list after I finally get Hardcore Rosette Fan in P4G. Regardless, I'll always advocate supporting Falcom RPGs, especially when they're Trails.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4154-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5234-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-ii

The 3rd game is scheduled to arrive this September too which will add another to this list. ?

I hope you seriously consider them! (And enjoy them if you decide to play them!)

I mean, they're great games but the words "easy to plat" absolutely doesn't come to mind when I think of them.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:15 AM, Sora9427 said:

Well isn't that Worth saying for every Trophy Releated to something hard? Let's not Take and RPG buta shooter CoD for example, the Challenges are pretty hard and so is the Plat because of that otherwise it would be pretty easy to get. So that's worth saying for any game :P 

Well i would say guides and Walkthrough are almost a Must for most JRPGs unless you need to do more Runs or there aren't missable/Endings which is usually not the case.

Yeah this things are more "Long" than Hard for both the game and the Plat. I saw some people writing here FFX and it's not really hard, you Can and almost have to max out your Team anyway and once maxed out the hardest Boss is just a matter of time as a battle. Now X-2 instead i would say it's a bit hard because there you actually have to manage well in the Battles (Against Trema mostly) otherwise you lose even at Lv99.

Well i think nowadays most people check guides before if they are interested in trophies to see how a game is and as said usually for JRPGs i expect, multiple endings/LongPlat or A bunch of missable :) 

I did both FFX and X-2 a few months back and I agree that they aren't hard, just long and grindy, especially X. X was one of the more long, boring grinds I've done and that only applies to maxing out your team. By comparison, the Celestial Weapons sidequests like lightning dodging and chocobo racing are among the fastest things to do in the game, except for Wakka's blitzball item because fuck 40+ games of blitzball. The X-2 completion actually requires a step-by-step walkthrough guide. It's doable the first time but not very fun playing that way. If Trema is the last trophy, he isn't even that hard since you would have the necessary costumes and accessories to get through him.

south park stick of truth, it's hilarious and fun to play, while the collectables aren't to bad and the battle system is really good for turn base.

took me 2 days and 12 hours, I was pretty much hooked and cracking up on the plat adventure..

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls
  • Like 2

I got the platinum on Dragons Dogma yesterday. 

Now don'tr get me wrong I had moments where  the game handed my arse to me, but mostly it was down to my own stupidity. Looking back I don't think the game is worth rating obver 3/10 in terms of platinum difficulty. But its terms of gameplay and features the game deserves 9/10 for being so amazing.

Give this game a crack if you love RPG's and never played it before. Well worth it trust me. 

• Like 3

from what I played.

- Ni no Kuni 2.

- Dark Cloud.

- Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2.

- World of Final Fantasy.

though put in mind that these are Japanese games which mean the grind is very required!

- dark cloud: the most annoying part is the fishing, you need to at least get on of the two ultra rare fish in the whole game then after that the rest of the trophies is straight forward.

-ni no kuni 2: the Skirmish wars is the most annoying part in the whole game, also if you got an item called ( Smelly Shoes/Boots or Stinky Shoe/Boots ) early in the game DO NOT THROW IT AWAY OR SELL IT!

because searching for one  again is a pain!

- hyperdimension neptunia mk2: the only thingyou need to be aware of is the endings, the worst ending is very tedious to do.

- world of final fantasy: the mini games especially the hilariously bad one the Sandstalker is the only thing that will make the platinum very boring and so frustrating to attempt due to the heavily tacked on luck-based to win, other than that it's just your typical daily grind. this game act like a Pokémon game and the game will required you to catch or befriend all the monsters in the game and evolve every type to their final form. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm coming up on my plat for Dragon Quest XI pretty soon, definitely not the most difficult game but pretty time consuming. Since I'm currently sitting at the 75 hour mark and I'm finally completely the last act of the game.

If you're looking for a couple of old school jrpgs from the PS2 era I'd recommend trying out Okami, Arc the Lad, and a few other PS2 games that they brought onto the PS4 market. They're pretty inexpensive in comparison to more recently released titles like any of the new Atelier games and can be just as time consuming! :)

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 11:32 AM, Remi-chan said:

Final Fantasy games are really easy, just super tine consuming.

Final fantasy 10 was pretty hard due to the high level monsters and farming for weapons damage upgrades. Ff15 was easy

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I don't like jrpg and rpg in general but kingdom hearts 1 (yes it's a more action based game) was so good I had to finish it so if you didn't finish it do it takes around 70-80h on ps4 and 100 on ps3 and I'm working on rogue galaxy but I can't tell about it yet sins I just started but the game is amazing (also very action based).

On 7/16/2019 at 4:38 AM, Fragtaster said:

Final Fantasy XV has fairly easy trophies imo. Also Romancing SaGa 2, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, South Park: Stick of Truth, South Park: Fractured But Whole, Tales of Beseria, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Zesteria, Persona 5, I am Setsuna, Lost Sphere, and Secret of Mana all have easy trophies.

That said: You really shouldn't be playing games for trophies (atleast as you're primary factor in regards of which you're choosing to play) - but rather the gameplay itself. Some of the best JRPGs have unwelcoming trophy lists like Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Rogue Galaxy, Resonance of Fate, Ni No Kuni 2, Nier Automata, and the Kingdom Hearts games.

But you can "buy" the trophies in Nier Automata. I really enjoyed Star Ocean 5 myself despite it having a bad rep. I know some of these have been mentioned but here are a few just incase:

Dragon's Dogma

Tales of Berseria

Lost Sphear

Secret of Mana

Final Fantasy type 0

Cosmic Star Heroine

Dragon Quest XI

Sword Art Online Hollow Realization & Hollow Fragment

Final Fantasy VII (the Remaster not the Re-Imagining)

Legend of Heroes series

• 4 months later...

I agree with those that listed the South Park games (Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole). Fun and easy. 

I don't think anyone has mentioned "Earthlock". Indie RPG that takes inpsiration from Final Fantasy. Almost no grind trophies. The only level based trophy was get your team to level 20 which I did about 75% of the way through playing (the only tricky part is a team member joins about halfway at a low level so you'll need to give them some attention. Otherwise it comes naturually). Most collectibles show up on your map. 

I've just got the platinums for the The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series (I-III) so far.

They're all long platinums and you must use a guide for each game as the trophy list is practically all missable but it's still doable.

Also, nightmare playthroughs are pretty easy (ironically) so long as you start a NG+ and not from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, RPGs tend to have fairly reasonable trophy lists in terms of difficulty, but more often than not they will require a significant time commitment.

As such it’s always a good idea to skim through a trophy roadmap and get a feel for all the things you need to do to platinum the game, and to familiarize yourself with any missables or mutually exclusive trophies that might require you to back up a save or something. If it’s a really long game, then ideally you will want to do the minimum number of playthroughs possible.

On 7/15/2019 at 0:03 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

I got the platinum on Dragons Dogma yesterday. 

But its terms of gameplay and features the game deserves 9/10 for being so amazing.

As for suggestions on what to play, I am with Dave on this one and can’t recommend Dragon’s Dogma enough! It’s a really unique game with a lot of interesting and unconventional ideas, and the combat is absolutely phenomenal for an RPG. I think you will really like this one because it’s made by Capcom. Even though it’s made to be like a western RPG, it just oozes in Japanese influence, which is what makes it feel so unique and interesting.

Also the end game content of Bittlerblack Isle is incredible!! I did this game on the PS3 a couple years ago, and I’ve been really looking forward to platinuming it all over again on the PS4. ?

I’m also a big fan of the Dragon Age series. If you have a PS3 I would start with Dragon Age: Origins, but if not, then skip ahead and pick up Dragon Age: Inquisition for the PS4. You wont be disappointed!

I haven’t played it myself yet, but I’ve heard great things about Greedfall and how it feels like a throwback to Bioware’s RPGs like Dragon Age, Mass Effect etc. Greedfall is at the top of my list right now and I’ll be playing it soon.

And of course, I could not leave this thread in good conscience if I did not recommend The Witcher 3 to you. It’s a long game and the platinum can be a little complicated and overwhelming if you’re new to trophy hunting, but when it comes to RPGS, The Witcher 3 and it’s 2 DLCs are pretty much the gold standard. The quality of the writing, acting, main quests, and side content in that game is beyond comparison.

Edited by dieselmanchild

So my own personal recommendations for PS4 RPGs

-All the PS4 Legend of Heroes games.  Right now only Cold Steel I-III are localized, but IV will come out next month and I'm sure Hajimari will be localized eventually.  They are lengthy plats, but very reasonable.  Only the first game has a somewhat tricky nightmare difficulty, but there isn't a ton of skill needed here.

-Persona 5.  Can't comment on Royal, but Persona 5 has a setting where you can be revived if your characters die, so it's a very easy game.  You'll need a guide for social links and other stuff, but it's very forgiving there as well.

-Nearly everything published by Kemco.  These are actually easy and short.  Most average about 15 hours for the plat and at worst you'll need a guide for subquests if you run into any trouble with them.

-Cosmic Star Heroine.  Pretty short and the guide on here covers what you need to get through the harder battles easily.

-Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana and Ys: Memories of Celceta.  Both are pretty easy and outside of sidequets, there's not a ton of missables.  Nightmare difficulty on both is very doable on NG+

-The Alliance Alive: HD Remastered.  Outside of two battles that are kind of tricky, this game is laughably easy.  The final boss is so easy that you actually have to make an effort to lose for the sub ending 2 trophy.  It's got some speedrun trophies, but on NG+ if you skip recruitment and cutscenes you can finish the game in 4 hours, and it gives 10 for the speedrun.  There's a wonderful spreadsheet for all the missables on GameFAQs that makes this plat very reasonable.

-The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2.  Not a hard game at all and you barely even need a guide for it.  You'll probably want to check out the GameFAQs board for the listing of locations for the notorious monsters, but pretty much you just need to get yourself a good weapon, load it up with catalysts and the game is a piece of cake.

-Any RPGs published by Ratalaika games

Most, if not all, of these have already been mentioned, but this is from my personal experience:

• Final Fantasy VII: As long as you're aware of the handful of missables, this one's cake. The in-battle cheats don't block trophies, speed up grinding a ton, and are basically an "I win" button in any fight you might struggle with. Most of the game isn't very challenging without them, either.
  • Final Fantasy XV: Another pretty easy FF plat, although it will be more of a time sink than VII. Also a ton of DLC trophies, many of which are harder/more annoying than the main game ones, so you'll have to work for a true 100%. I gave up on that pretty quick.
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir: Calling this one a true RPG is a bit of stretch due to its beat-em-up combat, but this one's fun and pretty straightforward. You mostly just have to beat the game 100% while making sure to fully explore every area along the way. No missables, and nothing too difficult or annoying.
  • World of Final Fantasy: Pretty easy, just a fairly long grind for a few of the trophies in the postgame. Pretty fun mix of Pokemon-esque combat and FF fanservice.
  • Nier Automata: Another one that's more action than RPG, but it's super fun and not that hard to plat unless you insist on playing the whole thing in hard mode for some reason (no difficulty-locked trophies). Also you can literally buy most of the trophies in the postgame, in case you don't feel like getting some of the more annoying ones legit.
  • I am Setsuna: You can probably knock this one out in 30ish hours. TBH I wasn't a huge fan of the game (kind of felt like a generic Chrono Trigger clone made in RPG Maker, imo), but it wasn't too much of a struggle to get through.
  • Ni No Kuni II: One of those straightforward "just do everything" plats, although it will take 80-ish hours. Same deal with the first game, although I never actually platted it because I didn't feel like doing the last bit of necessary grinding at the time.
  • Dragon Quest XI: It's Dragon Quest, so it's a long (90-100 hours) grind, but said grind will make you strong enough to tackle everything in the game.
  • Persona 5 Royal: Much easier plat than vanilla P5, as it replaced most of the completionist-related trophies (100% compendium, read all books, etc.) and the game itself is way easier due to several QoL improvements. Don't need to play New Game + either, unlike in vanilla. Huge time investment though - took me about 130 hours to beat, and the amount of stuff to keep track of on the social sim side can be daunting if you don't take notes.

4 hours ago, Mariner1534 said:

Most, if not all, of these have already been mentioned, but this is from my personal experience:

• I am Setsuna: You can probably knock this one out in 30ish hours. TBH I wasn't a huge fan of the game (kind of felt like a generic Chrono Trigger clone made in RPG Maker, imo), but it wasn't too much of a struggle to get through.

I only want to mention one thing in regards to this one. The game itself is about 9-10 hours long, but you will spend more than that grinding out one single trophy. It ain't Star Ocean, of course, but I recall needing about 12-15 hours just to grind out stupid battles at the end.