Very first Akumu run

Beast_Mode255

I'm at the end of the game on Nightmare, so I'll have Akumu mode unlocked, and I'm going to attempt it for the Platinum, and of course cuz this games amazing and I like to challenge myself. 

Anyways I was wonderong if anyone who has beaten or at least attempted Akumu mode could give me some tips, that would be great. Cuz I know it ain't gonna be a walk in the park lol

• Like 1

I'd make game fullscreen if you haven't already so you can see everything. Take your time, be persistent. Watch out for traps, don't bother trying to disarm bomb traps. If you get stuck, watch a speedrunner (they have best knowledge of the game). Make use of one hit kill items (axe, torch) and use matches to finish off enemies (you'll also get invincibility frames). Make sure you have enough ammo for elevator section on a later level as no ammo spawns at that part. Take advantage of manual saves and always do so when you can. Don't upgrade health as obviously it's a waste. All I can remember right now as it's been a while but it was a great time and a great challenge as well. You've played the game on nightmare so you're familiar enough with the game already so you can just go for it. This is all I can really say or think of right now.

• Like 1

I dare to say that for you it will not be that hard. The reason is because you beat Nightmare first. Through the reaserch I did online regarding the dificulties in TEW, The difficulties are meant to be played in sucession and not like many ppl do stacking akumu/nightmare mode trophies.

I will suggest these 2 playthus from Jigsaw, the guy is a master.

I second the thing about watching the speedrun videos. They're really helpful. Maybe you won't be able to do the exact same things as them, but they will give you great tips that you can put into practice. Also, patience. I love this game, so i was very patient with it. Because i'm a masochist, i decided to do my akumu run with no upgrades, to get the two trophies in one run. Hell of a ride. I don't recommend it, as i did on PS3 and each loading time after every death was around 35 seconds. Still, patience. If you love the game, you will enjoy the challenge. These were my stats at the end.

https://imgur.com/a/FiDf9wk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Samael39 said:

I second the thing about watching the speedrun videos. They're really helpful. Maybe you won't be able to do the exact same things as them, but they will give you great tips that you can put into practice. Also, patience. I love this game, so i was very patient with it. Because i'm a masochist, i decided to do my akumu run with no upgrades, to get the two trophies in one run. Hell of a ride. I don't recommend it, as i did on PS3 and each loading time after every death was around 35 seconds. Still, patience. If you love the game, you will enjoy the challenge. These were my stats at the end.

https://imgur.com/a/FiDf9wk

Great job :)
I am tempted to try akumu/no greengel in my future ps4 run,, but i don't know, let's see :giggle:

• 4 weeks later...

I beat Akumu like 10 days ago guys and got the Plat! Thanks for the tips! Honestly, for me anyways, the first half of the game was harder than the 2nd half because later on in the game you get so many more guns like the sniper rifle and Magnum and you have your guns upgraded and stuff but at the beginning you have pretty much nothing LOL. Also go to hell chapter 6 haha

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You don't need to upgrade sprint more than three times, but it's important you do asap.
I upgraded pistol capacity to 50 and then almost never used it, but it was reassuring to have that much ammo.
The shotgun and bow are your best friends. Sniper rifle is vital at a few points, so upgrade critical to max (don't bother with increasing power- one bodyshot at max critical will end most nonbosses.)

Magnum is best saved for bossfights, but it's still worth upgrading the attack when you have gel to spare. Melee is worthless and health completely a waste, along with syringe capacity.

• Like 1

On 15.6.2019 at 11:59 PM, Beast_Mode255 said:

I'm at the end of the game on Nightmare, so I'll have Akumu mode unlocked, and I'm going to attempt it for the Platinum, and of course cuz this games amazing and I like to challenge myself. 

Anyways I was wonderong if anyone who has beaten or at least attempted Akumu mode could give me some tips, that would be great. Cuz I know it ain't gonna be a walk in the park lol

This shows some easy strategies to all the difficulty spikes:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...