Gaming By Numbers 2019 (Event Finished)

I think I'll have a go at this one! I've been trying to run through my Assassin's Creed games so my tentative list is as follows, though I'll probably change it up because I'm sure I'll get tired of parkour stabby stabby at some point! (As a note, most Assassin's Creed games end with 2 or 0 so really, I've been a bit cheated XD)

2210 - Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS3)

5551 - Assassin's Creed Bortherhood (PS4)

5552 - Assassin's Creed II (PS4) 

4053 - Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (PS4) ((There was no AC game for 3, so on to Atelier games!))

5184 - Tales of Berseria ((Unless I find something else, this is my 4 slot >>)) 

1095 - Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (PS3) ((Playing my Rune Factory games on my DS, so this fits in as something different)) 

8906 - Assassin's Creed III Remastered (PS4)

2247 - Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS4)

448 - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS3) ((**Currently playing this now, but you know, multiplayer trophies may kick me in the butt for this one, alternative it will get switched out))

1709 - Assassin's Creed III (PS3) 

Edited by Ashuri-B
  • Like 1

So I'm working on a Tableau dashboard using the data from the last event... trying to keep sharp with some of my analytic skills while on maternity leave xD
Here is a link to the dashboard:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/kc.grace#!/vizhome/GamingByNumbers2018/GamingByNumbers2018

It is currently optimized for viewing on a real computer, but I'm working on a mobile layout as well (haven't had to do mobile optimization before so it may take a while :giggle:)  edit: on an 800x600 browser or a standard mobile phone (only thing that isn't optimized for mobile is the "Participant Completion Spreadsheet", but that's because Tableau doesn't play nice with tabular views, and anything that says "hover" requires a click if you can't hover). I'm also working on making the existing visualizations prettier as well as a couple different data filters for the participants list.

I'm looking for suggestions of other ways y'all would like to see the data represented, so feel free to post suggestions! Not going to do anything super crazy with this, but I feel like I'll learn some new things if I try to take on suggestions.

I've also created a list of games sorted by their last digit by looking at the Top 100 Most Popular Games for each console (PS4, PS3, Vita) so that y'all don't have to click on a million links to find your game's number (so long as what you're looking for is popular, that is). That list can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YPl2dvdMLAaALJoXSbQl5ftexurEU-4u0ITF7Jv1Y/edit?usp=sharing

On 6/17/2019 at 8:34 PM, Fnee2000 said:

Here is my list for the event. I decided to do something a little out there but I have this Lego game problem. I bought them all but haven't played many. So, I will be doing Lego by Numbers inside the Gaming by Numbers event. This will give me a reason to play through 10 of the Lego games at least. Preference was given to the Lego games I had already started (denoted by *), then to Vita versions (since they are shorter), then older PS3 versions.

This is a really neat idea! I'm glad it worked out where there's at least one Lego game per digit... though I'm not entirely surprised with how many games they have.

On 6/17/2019 at 9:31 PM, Upendo_Vitani said:

Forgive my possible noobness, but is there a quick way to check the ID without having to click on every game? I may be interested in this event since my current one seems to have stalled out and dont know if I want to join it again next month. 

I don't know of a way to just look at a list of the game numbers, but you can do it much quicker if you're on an actual computer using Google Chrome as the browser-- you just mouse over a link and at the bottom of your browser it will show you the URL without having to click on it.

Additionally, you can look at 2018's spreadsheet (linked in the main post) to see what other people played if you're stuck on a particular number. You can also see that information laid out in a better way in the Tableau dashboard I just linked above :)

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

This is a really neat idea! I'm glad it worked out where there's at least one Lego game per digit... though I'm not entirely surprised with how many games they have.

Thank you ? I was glad to find one game for each number. All numbers except for number 1 had at least two games to choose from. Lego The Movie 2 had to be the default choice, it was the only game ending in 1.

I love this concept so please sign me up for round 2! I'm not sure I'll be able to get to all my games since some of the ones I have coming up are pretty lengthy. Here is what I have on tap.

900  - S6c7f36.png Alice: Madness Returns
6501 - Se72499.png Life is Strange: Before the Storm
6922 - S4b9512.png LA Noire
3313 - S1628ef.png Life is Strange
5914 - S2b66f4.png Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
8675 - S7364fb.png Kingdom Hearts III
2856 - S229268.png Beyond Two Souls
2967 - Sc73632.png Alien: Isolation
5748 - S307d7d.png Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary
5749 - S3b5f25.png Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

I'm currently playing the Kingdom Hearts series in order and fortunately they each have a different number. If I can finish that series up sometime in August...it'll leave me a few weeks to finish up some of the quicker titles.

Thanks for hosting again!

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, eigen-space said:

So I'm working on a Tableau dashboard using the data from the last event... trying to keep sharp with some of my analytic skills while on maternity leave xD
Here is a link to the dashboard:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/kc.grace#!/vizhome/GamingByNumbers2018/GamingByNumbers2018

It is currently optimized for viewing on a real computer, but I'm working on a mobile layout as well (haven't had to do mobile optimization before so it may take a while :giggle:). I'm also working on making the existing visualizations prettier as well as a couple different data filters for the participants list.

I'm looking for suggestions of other ways y'all would like to see the data represented, so feel free to post suggestions! Not going to do anything super crazy with this, but I feel like I'll learn some new things if I try to take on suggestions.

I've also created a list of games sorted by their last digit by looking at the Top 100 Most Popular Games for each console (PS4, PS3, Vita) so that y'all don't have to click on a million links to find your game's number (so long as what you're looking for is popular, that is). That list can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YPl2dvdMLAaALJoXSbQl5ftexurEU-4u0ITF7Jv1Y/edit?usp=sharing

I don't know of a way to just look at a list of the game numbers, but you can do it much quicker if you're on an actual computer using Google Chrome as the browser-- you just mouse over a link and at the bottom of your browser it will show you the URL without having to click on it.

Additionally, you can look at 2018's spreadsheet (linked in the main post) to see what other people played if you're stuck on a particular number. You can also see that information laid out in a better way in the Tableau dashboard I just linked above :)

Oh wow thank you for that. Very cool. 

Alright I'm convinced; sign me up please! I like the individual trophy challenges, but it's time to go back to fully completing games again and this is just the ticket.

Something else that may help people is to check the PSNP guides sorted by completion time topic here:

All the guides are linked, so you can hover on a computer to see the numbers and look for some quick plats/100%s that fit a number you need.  Some of the games have multiple regions/platforms and one guide though, so make sure to double check that it's for your region/platform.

• Like 3

Added everyone up to this point!

12 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Something else that may help people is to check the PSNP guides sorted by completion time topic here:

Thanks for this! I always forget about this thread. I'm going to link to it in the main post as well :D

• Like 2

I have knocked out a very quick list of possibilities based on the past season but nothing ending in a '5' fits the bill so need to find something then narrow it down. Any ideas would be appreciated.

1. AC Odyssey / Red Dead Redemption 2
  2. Watch Dogs
  3. AC Origins / Zombi
  4. God of War
  5. Arkham Knight / Watch Dogs 2
  6. .....
  7. Resident Evil 7
  8. Hellblade / Sonic Mania / Alien Isolation
  9. Advanced Warfare / Detroit
  10. Diablo 3 (probably too long) / Horizon Zero Dawn
Edited by freddie1989

@eigen-space This database existed last year? Or did you imported all info from last year into it? Really don't remember seeing it, but it's quite nice!

22 hours ago, Briste said:

I love this concept so please sign me up for round 2! I'm not sure I'll be able to get to all my games since some of the ones I have coming up are pretty lengthy. Here is what I have on tap.

900  - S6c7f36.png Alice: Madness Returns
6501 - Se72499.png Life is Strange: Before the Storm
6922 - S4b9512.png LA Noire
3313 - S1628ef.png Life is Strange
5914 - S2b66f4.png Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
8675 - S7364fb.png Kingdom Hearts III
2856 - S229268.png Beyond Two Souls
2967 - Sc73632.png Alien: Isolation
5748 - S307d7d.png Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary
5749 - S3b5f25.png Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

I'm currently playing the Kingdom Hearts series in order and fortunately they each have a different number. If I can finish that series up sometime in August...it'll leave me a few weeks to finish up some of the quicker titles.

Thanks for hosting again!

Really love your game selection for this!! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Really love your game selection for this!! 

Thank you, me too! I was really happy to see a lot of games that are high on my priority list in my backlog lined up nicely to fill out the roster for this event...now hopefully I'll be able to get to them all!

• Like 2

Hmm I was hesitant to participate since I misread and thought that the event runs for 1.5 months... I still think I won't manage 10 games in 2.5 months, but let's see :) I have a couple of games in my backlog that I've already checked end in different figures, so they are eligible. And open games count, so Trackmania Turbo and Hollow Knight (EU) are already set! (Since I won't finish either before the end of the month, I think). 

Will post a list at a later time, but count me in!

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to finish it, but I loved doing this last year, so I'm going to do my damnedest. I'll need to buy a game for 3 and 5 and find a possible back up for 1 and 5. Here's what my layout for potential games looks like so far:

1. Watch Dogs (PS4) (2621)
  2. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PS4) (5472), Outlast (2392), Assassin's Creed Origins (6792)
  3. God of War: Ascension (1873), Gal*Gunvolt Burst (7373), The Count Lucanor (PS4) (6953)
  4. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (3514), Oxenfree (4844)
  5. Shantae: Risky's Revenge: Director's Cut (3645)
  6. Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4) (3326), The Witness (4266)
  7. Gal*Gun: Double Peace (NA) (4927), Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (NA) (9227)
  8. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PS3) (2948), Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition (3968)
  9. Horizon Zero Dawn (5879), Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (2949), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (5379)
  10. Kingdom Hearts II (PS3) (2950), Iconoclasts (NA) (7090)

I'll narrow it down once the event starts and I start playing these games.

Ok my tentative list. Some actually match the summer backlog but others I swapped so I can get both games of a series. 

0 Frane Dragons' Odyssey. 8950

1 Nurse Love Addiction. 6281

2 Rainbow Skies. 7772

3 Hakuoki Edo Blossoms. 7343

4 Furmins. 2224

5 Hakuoki Kyoto Winds. 6145

6 Lara Croft Go. 5636

7 Mary Skelter Nightmares. 6707

8 Devious Dungeon 2. 9098

9 Cybarian. 9219

9 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

@eigen-space This database existed last year? Or did you imported all info from last year into it? Really don't remember seeing it, but it's quite nice!

It's a new thing! I use this software at my work and decided it would be a nice extra thing to do for the event while keeping up with some of my skills ?

I used last year's data to create a template, so now all I have to do is switch the data source when games start getting completed to populate it with this year's data.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

Pretty sure this is going to be my final list. Not overly confident in completing them all but we'll see. I was originally going to mix new games with ones I've been playing, but I decided to go with all new games instead.

0-Resident Evil (3200)
1-AdVenture Capitalist (5181)
2-Hue (5222)
3-Marvel's Spider-Man (8143)
4-Until Dawn (3804)
5-What Remains of Edith Finch (6075)
6-Guardians of the Galaxy (6056)
7-Refunct (9197)
8-Rime (6188)
9-King Oddball (2529)

Edited by Sofa King
Revised and finalized list

So I finally got my list together for this event. There are three long projects in it (I've italicized them; I have all of those games) and the rest are just really EZPZ games I can buy on the cheap around July 3 to fill everything else out. I am not too confident that I will be able to get the platinum for all three of my big projects in one month, but hey, I may be wrong. I know Ni no Kuni and Dragon Quest XI have a lot more stuff you have to grind for.

(0) 8200 - The Gardens Between
(1) 7951 - Tetra's Escape (PS4)
(2) 8782 - Ghoulboy
(3) 7303 - Candleman (PS4)
(4) 6144 - Seasons after Fall
(5) 8675 - Kingdom Hearts III
(6) 1806 - Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
(7) 8127 - Dragon Quest XI

(8) 8178 - Teslagrad (PS4)
(9) 5449 - LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (PS4)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon