Gaming By Numbers 2019 (Event Finished)

3 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Done with my first game for the event:

8127 - Dragon Quest XI

Enjoyed it at first, but that enjoyment quickly faded to moderate disappointment in how repetitive it felt. Really wish I would have turned on some of the options at the beginning to make the game a little more challenging, but I didn't know quite what to expect with this being my first DQ game. Honestly, this has turned me off from the series... I'll still look into future games when they're on super sale, but I won't ever be doing a day-one purchase (not that DQXI was a day-one purchase, but I was looking forward to it).

I do still have Dragon Quest Builders in my backlog... anyone have an opinion on that (@Salima-sensei, I noticed you just finished it up...)?

Dragon Quest Builders is totally different to the main series.

In Builders you have to rebuild towns by fulfilling various tasks for people who come to your town.

You collect material to craft all sorts of things like furniture or decorations to build rooms with that stuff.

There's also combat but it's pretty simple.

Best thing is to try the demo befor playing the full game. Then you still can decide if you want to play it or not.

• Like 1

So this is what im aiming to achieve. Been out the game for a while though so im not liking my chances.

0) Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry - 2440 - 15%

1) Rage 2 - 9081 - 34%

2) Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - 2932 - 0%

3)  Burnout Paradise Remastered (NA) - 7363 - 62%

4) Slayaway Camp - 6844 - 0%

5) Spyro the Dragon - 8205 - 1%

6) The Sinking City - 9216 - 10%

7) Farming Simulator 15 (PS3) - 3577 - 84%

8) Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders - 4298 - 47%

9) Pic-A-Pix Pieces - 8619 - 29%

Wish me luck xD

Edited by jninja79
Editorial Sweep

I managed to get my first game done! 

0 - 

1 - Trackmania Turbo

2 - 

3 - 

4 - 

5 - 

6 - 

7 - 

8 - 

9 - 

I've been at this for the past three months. This game is brutal, at least it was for me, but I enjoyed it a lot. I would say this is my hardest platinum to date, and I'm really happy that I managed to pull this off. ?

Well my number 8 would be done had Saints Row not glitched on me and left me needing a whole new playthrough!!! SHIT!!!

Started What Remains of Edith Finch over the weekend as a quick and easy 7 though.

Then went and purchased Rise of the Tomb Raider, Project Cars and due to @masdawg1988 bad influence the Far Cry 5 Gold Edition so choices available now HAHA!

• Like 1

Okay so my first game is done and I've put together a list of all the other games I plan to do. Subject to change of course but I reckon this list is the only way I could do it before the end date ?

0 - 2340 Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition

1 - 511 Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

2 - 3202 Tales from the Borderlands (Unstarted)

3 - 2163 Beyond: Two Souls

4 - 744 Dead Space Extraction

5 - 1165 Saints Row: The Third

6 - 2586 The Amazing Spider-Man 2

7 - 3437 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

8 - 108 Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic

9 - 6319 That's You!

I'd love to enter this challenge! It's the first "community event" I get to participate in here on PSNP, so I hope I'm not doing any sort of mess here :D.

Anyway, if I read correctly, any game completed after the start date (July 1st) and before the sign-up deadline (July 15th) may be counted, so that would mean that my recent The Division 2 plat would count, right? I'm putting it on the list but if I got this wrong I'll quickly replace it! I'll actually try to clean my backlog a bit, I have lots of ps3 games in which I boosted the online portion years ago and then I left them getting covered with dust, so it may be a good time for me to knock them off my backlog. Here goes my actual list:

0 - Knowledge is Power (PS4), I have to find the force of will to stay there and play like 27 games on my own with two phones

1 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3), only the main story left to get the plat

2 - Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3), only the main story left here too

3 -

4 - Destiny (PS4), 2 trophies left for the plat, time to knock them off

5 - Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3), will a be long and painful journey (may be replaced by Spyro The Dragon)

6 - Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (PS4) :platinum:

7 - What Remains of Edith Finch (EU-PS4)

8 - Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (PS4)

9 -

Still need to find some game ending with 3 and 9 to add on the list. Let's see how this goes!

Happy gaming!

Edited by Adras_Nightmare
  • Like 2

Finished up Detroit: Become Human (7678) on the weekend as my first entry and I see @eigen-space has already added it to my list.

The game itself was fun and the story was interesting. I especially liked that on my second playthrough there was some scenes that I had never even seen yet as I had chose a different path originally. It kept the game from getting stale and kept me engaged. This was the first Quantic Dream game I have played and I may just have to pull Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls out of my backlog sooner rather than later now.

Being that it is a free game this month everyone with PS+ can give it a go if they haven't already. Lucky me though as I had just bought it a week before they announced it was going to be free on PS+. Haha.

• Like 2

Operation "Let's finally finish those PS3 games"  suffered a minor setback when I remembered why I have so many unfinished Platformers: It's because they are cute enough that I play them for a bit, but by far not interesting enough to make me spend enough time and energy to actually finish them.

Also, I want my 4000th trophy to be the first trophy of one of the PS4 Danganronpa games, and because of the Summer Sports Games fiasco I cannot know which trophy will actually be my 4000th, so I have to start both:

5745 Danganronpa 1・2 Reload

6194 Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

Hoping to finish at least one during this contest; if I recall the Plats on the Vita correctly, the grinding was manageable.

• Like 1

Got another game in! After the last Gaming By Numbers I had every intention of finishing all the episodes of the Tales of Monkey Island, but I never did. I guess I just knew they'd come in handy again! Not planning on using chapter 3 but chapter 5 might come in clutch later on! I guess we shall see!

Edit: I decided to add the games I'm planning on playing because I definitely keep forgetting where I'm going next ?

0. S8ed2d3.png Here They Lie (5400) 0%

2. S8886b3.png The Inpatient (7142) 48%

4. S13eb39.png Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2: The Siege of Spinner Cay (05141f4af.png

5. S6344af.png Wolfenstein: The New Order (2605) 20%

6. Sd2d12c.png Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (6906:platinum:

7. Sd1ddee.png Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 5: Rise of the Pirate God (0517) 0%

8. S9ae6ea.png Accounting + (7048:platinum:

Edited by Yen-Pop

17 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I'm quite surprised that at this point the most-completed game is Dragon Quest XI, with myself, @ArtikSkarab, and @Arctic Cress having all completed it yesterday. The surprise comes from this being a rather lengthy game (I know I put about 150 hours into it, and I can't imagine it taking anyone less than 80 hours). 

Im working on that one right now myself! Im up to 45 hours and in post game grind. Hoping to finish it soonish so I can check one of my longer games off my list

#8 Done Saints Row: Gat out of Hell after my horrific glitch on Sunday. Also finished What Remains of Edith Finch for my #7.

Just got to do Tower of the Elephant on Conan Exiles for my #3 (what a bag of crap that game is)

The ball is well and truly rolling on this for me now!!

• Like 1

Updates have been made-- all games completed and synced through July 9th have been added.

We also have our first event completion: @SNACH2497!

And here I am just happy that I've completed my second game for the event--- 5259: Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS4)

Let's see how the rest of my games go...

0 - Little Dragons Cafe (8070) / The Sexy Brutale (6030)

1 - Broken Age (3531) / Mahjong (5241)

2 - Okami HD (1692) / Clouds and Sheep 2 (5822)

3 - The Count Lucanor NA-PS4 (6953) / Papers, Please (7023)

4 - Grim Fandango Remastered (3304)

5 - Fe (7255)

6 - Atelier Lulua (9136)

7 - Dragon Quest XI (8127) :platinum:

8 - The Liar Princess and the Blind Price NA-PS4 (8748)

9 - Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas PS4 (5259) :platinum:

I'm going to be starting up Grim Fandango Remastered, Fe, The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince, and Atelier Lulua all within the next week or so to see which one I want to use as my Platinum #75 Milestone (currently sitting at 72 platinums). The front runner is Atelier Lulua as I have tons of love for the Atelier series (especially the Arland titles), though I've been very excited about Fe and The Liar Princess... and Grim Fandango has the quirkiest trophy titles so that may be a pleasant surprise.

• Like 4

0 - Jak 3 (PS3) (1270:platinum:

1 - World of Final Fantasy (5451) - 70%

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 - The Witness (4266:platinum:

7 -

8 - Jak 2 (PS3) (1268:platinum:

9 - The Secret of Monkey Island (399) - 19%

Managed to beat the challenge in The Witness so got another number in.
Working on WoFF and Monkey Island next, still thinking of what to play for the rest of the numbers

• Like 1