Gaming By Numbers 2019 (Event Finished)

6 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I'm not doing any exclusions for this event. There's no benefit to completing one '8' game versus another '8' game as the effect on the badge is the same.

I've mentioned this here in the main post:

Sorry, missed that part somehow; I understand.

That's a cool idea for an event, and since i'm pretty slow gaming wise nowadays, I'll give this one a try to see if I can kick some of my backlog out, sign me up, and i already came up with a list 

0 - Doom 

1 - Dragon Age Inquisition 

2 - Assassins Creed 2 (ps4) 

3 - Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition 

4 - Destroy All Humans 2 

5 - Bioshock Infinite (ps4) 

6 - The Surge

7 - Dark Souls 3

8 - Mass Effect Andromeda

9 - uncharted 4

All of those games I just started, play a bit and never touched back, at least now i got some incentive to at least finish em 

8 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Wow do I want Monday to hurry up and come around!! Badly wanting to finish the Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter story but cant until this begins HAHA!!

I know what you mean! I've got Far Cry 3, Lego DC Villains, and almost Shadow of the Colossus ready to finish, just need it to be Monday!!!

• Like 2

Count me in. I am working on cleaning up my PS3 backlog for good anyway (so that when the PS5 arrives, I can finally start in earnest with the PS4), so there will probably be focus on that; will have to make a detailed plan in the next days.

3 hours ago, Salima-sensei said:

I think thats an good Event to start with. Count me in.

By the way, I wanted to say it's nice to see someone else here who may have Ao no Kiseki in their list.  I'm still working on my first run of Zero, but hoping to get them both knocked out before CS3 comes out in English.

Alrighty-- everyone up to this point should be added to the spreadsheet.

Please remember that the start time for this event is in Mountain Standard Time (MST). Use the countdown timer link in the main post if you are bad at time conversions.

It should also be noted that as of right now, if you try to time in "xxxx Timezone to MST", Google will NOT give you the correct time. For some reason it thinks you mean "Mountain Time (MT)" rather than "Mountain Standard Time (MST)" because of daylight savings (and we don't do daylight savings in Arizona because we're civilized folk). I HIGHLY recommend you use the link in the main post. I will also try to post when the event is "Live" but can't guarantee that I'll be awake or "free" at exactly that time (the eigen-baby tends to get fussy around midnight). 

Definitely count me in for Round 2! I doubt I’ll be able to get all 10 numbers like last time, but will give it a shot. I’ll come back with a final list later. Thanks for hosting again despite the busyness with eigen-baby!

9 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

By the way, I wanted to say it's nice to see someone else here who may have Ao no Kiseki in their list.  I'm still working on my first run of Zero, but hoping to get them both knocked out before CS3 comes out in English.

Luckily Ao is my last one. I really love this games, can't wait.

Operation "Let's finally finish those PS3 games", preliminary plan:

2110 Puppeteer

1831 Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

2582 Child of Light

163 Mini Ninjas

2814 Counterspy

2015 Atelier Escha&Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

2506 Fez

1017 Arkedo Series - 01 Jump!

2278 FF XIII-3 Lightning Returns

1079 Arkedo Series - 03 Pixel!

I would love to jump in. Going to use this event as a push to crush my PS Now backlog of some of classic games (and some less-than-classic older games).  I know a list is not necessary, but keeping one will help push me a bit. I hope to change very few of these. 

2200: Magrunner: Dark Pulse

1831: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)

2932: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments

863: LEGO Pirates of Caribbean

34: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

2235: Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

146: G-Force

887: Infamous 2

998: Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension

99: Infamous 

10 hours ago, Salima-sensei said:

Luckily Ao is my last one. I really love this games, can't wait.

Zero and Ao are the last ones that remain that I'm playing for the first time.  I love the games enough that I have no objections to double dipping and getting the English versions of CS3 and hopefully later CS4.  But they definitely will be the hardest for me to finish within this event.  I have a feeling I'm going to end up tossing in a few more POWGI or Pic-A-Pix games as backups for some.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Zero and Ao are the last ones that remain that I'm playing for the first time.  I love the games enough that I have no objections to double dipping and getting the English versions of CS3 and hopefully later CS4.  But they definitely will be the hardest for me to finish within this event.  I have a feeling I'm going to end up tossing in a few more POWGI or Pic-A-Pix games as backups for some.

I also don't mind, I was already playing CS1/2 sometime before. Also the PSP and PC Version of the Sky FC & SC.

I was thinking about playing CS3/4 sometimes, but otherwise I am sad about not understanding everything and I am not sure how much the spreadsheats really cover. 

19 hours ago, eigen-space said:

(the eigen-baby tends to get fussy around midnight). 

Lol, ahh what a wonderful experience I am sure ?

I see that you are just taking games as we complete them off our profile which is great. Mine will be easy 100% sticks out like a sore thumb. Will be interesting to see what fits where as we go. R u enjoying Dragons Quest 11

16 hours ago, Zvetiki said:

Operation "Let's finally finish those PS3 games", preliminary plan:

2814 Counterspy

I like your plan! I’ve also been trying to clear out my PS3 backlog lately. I just wanted to mention that I believe the online trophy for CounterSpy is no longer obtainable. So, if you don’t have that trophy yet, you may want to double check that. 

20 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Alrighty-- everyone up to this point should be added to the spreadsheet.

Please remember that the start time for this event is in Mountain Standard Time (MST). Use the countdown timer link in the main post if you are bad at time conversions.

It should also be noted that as of right now, if you try to time in "xxxx Timezone to MST", Google will NOT give you the correct time. For some reason it thinks you mean "Mountain Time (MT)" rather than "Mountain Standard Time (MST)" because of daylight savings (and we don't do daylight savings in Arizona because we're civilized folk). I HIGHLY recommend you use the link in the main post. I will also try to post when the event is "Live" but can't guarantee that I'll be awake or "free" at exactly that time (the eigen-baby tends to get fussy around midnight). 

Is Mountain Standard Time one hour before or after Central Standard Time because that's what I go by? Anyways, good luck to everyone on this event and let's give ourselves emotional support like the people at Summer Games Done Quick are doing right now as their charity marathon winds down with their final run going on now and still less than 2.3 million simoleons for their charity. ;)

46 minutes ago, Dinkus83 said:

I like your plan! I’ve also been trying to clear out my PS3 backlog lately. I just wanted to mention that I believe the online trophy for CounterSpy is no longer obtainable. So, if you don’t have that trophy yet, you may want to double check that. 

I'm using your plan to clear out my PS4 JRPG backlog, which is criminal. I haven't gotten past Chapter 2 of Dragon Quest XI or tried the DLC for Ni no Kuni II since both came out. I need to fix that PRONTO.

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

I need to make a few adjustments to my list before it goes live. I need to replace a couple of games, partly because I have better options and partly because I didn't double-check the numbers on the URLs so they might be wrong.

Zero: I accidentally listed Super Weekend Mode as 0 but discovered that the Super Weekend Mode site with 8980 was the PS VITA version, and since my poor Vita is dead in the water until either I get my butt on the road and go to Best Buy to spend $$$ to fix the charging socket so it'll charge again or I replace the Vita entirely(not happening ASAP as used Vitas are triple the cost of a Nintendo Switch title at launch :() I am not adding any Vita titles to my account. The PS4 version is 8967 and since Dragon Quest XI is digging into the 7 spot(8987), I have to drop it. That will teach me to double check the link before making a conclusion.

Two: Same thing with Attack of the Toy Tanks. I misinterpreted the URL number. It got a new home but now I had to replace this slot. Luckily, I am a fast searcher on the site.

Eight: I am not really ready to play Teslagrad again even though the platinum pops after you get the 36th collectible. The puzzles are horrendously difficult. Maybe later. I could have use

So here is my new list:

(7410) Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (NA)

(7951) Tetra's Escape (PS4, NA)

(4262) LEGO Marvel's Avengers (PS4)

(7173) Celeste

(6694) Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

(8675) Kingdom Hearts III (NA)

(1806) Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (NA)

(8127) Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (NA)

(9278) Attack of the Toy Tanks (PS4, NA)

(6079) Eventide: Slavic Fable

My goals are simple:

• Platinum both Ni no Kuni games before the PS4 remaster of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch comes out in September.
  • Get to work on my Kingdom Hearts backlog starting with KH3 because it's pretty easy. (Surprised Square-Enix didn't put a difficulty trophy but since they forgot to include Critical Mode in the base game, it's no skin off of my teeth. :P) I will be adding trophies for the other games during the Kill Your Completion X event running in July.
  • TRY TO PLATINUM DRAGON QUEST XI BEFORE SEPTEMBER WHEN THE NINTENDO SWITCH VERSION ARRIVES AND RUINS THE EXPERIENCE FOR ME. :(
  • Other than that, everything else is EZPZ because I won't have time for more than four long RPGs since my autism will force me to play Endless Challenge in Super Mario Maker 2 instead of playing the games. :S (I'll probably just tackle a bit of LEGO Marvel's Avengers a little every week to get it over with. I am not fond of the story in most LEGO games but since Square-Enix failed in its presentation of its MARVEL Avengers video game, I need to platinum LEGO Avengers to show them how to do it. :P)
Edited by RuneEyesDragon

3 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

Oh! You are right. Thanks for the warning! Then it will be

1914 Guacamelee!

instead.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

Is Mountain Standard Time one hour before or after Central Standard Time because that's what I go by?

What eigen is referring to is the fact that she lives in Arizona and they don't do daylight savings time there.  The confusion is the fact that people also commonly refer to their time as Standard time for the whole year when they do observe daylight savings time, but right now central is on CDT (Central Daylight Time), not CST which is Central Standard Time.  Arizona is actually two hours behind Central right now unless you also live in an area that doesn't observe daylight savings. 

You can also google "What time is it in Arizona right now?" and use that to compare to your time and figure out the conversion for your area.  Or just use the countdown clock.

• Like 1