Gaming By Numbers 2019 (Event Finished)

46 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Made some more updates-- anyone who has expressed interest in participating has been added to the spreadsheet, and all games completed thru July 3 and were synced to their profiles have been recorded (just FYI-- I only view profiles on PSNP, I do not update profiles as I know that bothers some people).

I also linked the data to a 2019 Tableau Dashboard. Most of the neat statistics aren't displayed yet as there's not enough underlying data, but it'll look really nice probably a month into the event when more games have been completed :D  (the 2018 version is linked in the main post). I'm working on a couple more data views... like a general stats page as well as a breakdown of game rarity and time between first and last trophies. Stay tuned 1f601.png

Alone the fact that you are using tableau for this event is enough reason to sign up... ? (I'm already signed up, just saying... ?)

I'll try to finish my first game this week, latest next week depending on how challenging the remaining couple of tracks are (Trackmania Turbo) ?

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Made some more updates-- anyone who has expressed interest in participating has been added to the spreadsheet, and all games completed thru July 3 and were synced to their profiles have been recorded (just FYI-- I only view profiles on PSNP, I do not update profiles as I know that bothers some people).

I also linked the data to a 2019 Tableau Dashboard. Most of the neat statistics aren't displayed yet as there's not enough underlying data, but it'll look really nice probably a month into the event when more games have been completed :D  (the 2018 version is linked in the main post). I'm working on a couple more data views... like a general stats page as well as a breakdown of game rarity and time between first and last trophies. Stay tuned ?

I appreciate your effort you put in this event. Thanks for that!

11 hours ago, Ashuri-B said:

Wait, what? I can't find them anywhere :/ I've got one and two done but I can't find the other two! 

The individuals are gone, I think. 

I looked through psprices.com instead of the actual store, and only 1 showed up. From what I saw at the store, it's supposed to be the complete pack

https://store.playstation.com/pt-pt/product/EP2026-NPEB00826_00-PJURASSICP000001

That's the link for the Portuguese PSN Store. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

The individuals are gone, I think. 

I looked through psprices.com instead of the actual store, and only 1 showed up. From what I saw at the store, it's supposed to be the complete pack

https://store.playstation.com/pt-pt/product/EP2026-NPEB00826_00-PJURASSICP000001

That's the link for the Portuguese PSN Store. 

I think it's EU only possibly.  I tried psnprices as well for NA and no luck.

On another note, I think the stats are neat!  Hopefully I'll be able to add more to it soon.  Akash: Path of the Five looks like it's going to be pretty easy even with the lack of a guide since the trophies seem to mostly be stuff to get via various choices that you'll encounter at some point doing all the routes, but I'm betting there is going to be one that will be harder to find until a guide exists (which isn't likely going to be soon since it has only three owners and no one with the plat yet).  Also started Asdivine Dios and that trophy list looks a bit less grindy than the average Kemco game (no need to max level for a secret boss).  Ended up with a four day weekend for the 4th so I hope to make a good dent in some of my games.

• Like 1

First Game is done, Ao no Kiseki (英雄伝説 碧の軌跡 EVOLUTION)

0 - 
1 -
2 - 
3 - 
4 - 
5 - 
6 -

7 - 
8 - 
9 - The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution
(英雄伝説 碧の軌跡 EVOLUTION) (2659)

Edited by Salima-sensei
  • Like 1

So, uh.... I was going to do Secret of Mana for "3" but I realized I had it in my Kill Your Completion Event. That or my evil twin JC replaced it for a game he likes because it involves an "evil" twin of the heroine, Celeste. Oh well, I completed it so I might as well put it here. At least I qualify for the badge now. :S

0: :S

1: 1S38cdca.png Tetra's Escape (PS4) (7951) :platinum:

2: :S

3: 1Se8b9b7.pngCeleste (7173:platinum:

4: :S

5: 1Sce6d53.png Mixups by POWGI (PS4) (8705) :platinum:

6: :S

7: :S

8: 1S28bce8.png Attack of the Toy Tanks (PS4) (9278:platinum:

9: :S

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

0. Frane: Dragon's Odyssey (NA Vita) (0%)

1. One Word By POWGI (NA Vita) :platinum:

2. Akash: Path of the Five (NA PS4) :platinum:

3. 英雄伝説 零の軌跡 Evolution (JP Vita) (15%)

4. Gem Legends (NA Vita) (71%)

5. Asdivine Dios (NA Vita) (3%)

6. Ray Gigant (NA Vita) (0%)

7. Persona 5 (NA PS4) (20%)

8. Treasures of Montezuma 4 (NA Vita) :platinum:

9. 英雄伝説 碧の軌跡 Evolution (JP Vita) (0%)

Got my third game down with getting the plat for Akash: Path of the Five.  And I'll just say it's not easy to plat a VN that is so new that no guides exist.  I do think it had a great trophy list that is very much the sort that I enjoy.  It amounted to clear each route and then the rest of it was finding extra stuff that is easily missed.  So most of the trophies you get just by clearing all the routes, but some of them come from picking unusual choices.  I like trophy lists where the trophies help you to find funny stuff you wouldn't have found without the trophies existing, but since there was no guide it took a lot of trial and error on choices to figure them all out.  Had a lot of fun with that one and hopefully more people give it a go in time since it only has 3 owners and I'm the only one on this site with the plat so far. 

• Like 2

0: :S

1: 1S38cdca.png Tetra's Escape (PS4) (7951) :platinum:

2: :S

3: 1Se8b9b7.pngCeleste (7173:platinum:

4: :S

5: 1Sce6d53.png Mixups by POWGI (PS4) (8705) :platinum:

6: :S

7: :S

8: 1S28bce8.png Attack of the Toy Tanks (PS4) (9278:platinum:

9: 1S9fc47a.pngEventide: Slavic Fable (6079) :platinum:

Got so caught up in Mario Maker I forgot to update. xD

Just an Artifex Mundi point-and-click, but since I had to buy the sequel for a bundle, I decided, meh, I'll just redo the entire series.

I am going to platinum Eventide 2 but not right now. I need to work some on Dragon Quest Builders since I made a goal to platinum it before Dragon Quest Builders 2 came out in a week. :)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

First game completed! My controller probably hates me after these 25 hours of mashing :square:. Not a bad game all in all but not an amazing one either. I would recommend it to fans of the franchise but it offers little to people who want to enjoy an MMO-like game. Motion sickness hit a few times, mostly when I was pretty tired but sitting on the floor and far away from the TV really helped. I'm going to try to get one or two more PS4 games before going on vacation and then it'll be Vita only until the middle of August. 

4. (6824) Cyberdimension Neptunia : 4 Goddesses Online (PS4 - EU) :platinum:

0 - 
1 - Ys Memories of Celceta (2291)
2 - Dragon Quest Builders (4272) :platinum:
3 - 
4 - Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth (4004)
5 - 
6 -

7 - Dragon Age Origin (207)
8 - 
9 - The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution (英雄伝説 碧の軌跡 EVOLUTION) (2659) :platinum:

And second is done.

Hi there! I'd like to sign up to this please! :)
I'm already in too many events as it is, but this looks like a fun concept and I can use some of the games from other events for this one as well.
I know I don't have to provide a game list, but I'm hoping in doing so it will make me more determined to stick to these games and get them finished!

I'm hoping I can get at least half of them completed in time.

0. 2650 Hyperdimension Neptunia PP
1. 1121 Disney Universe
2. 5802 Typoman Revised
3. 5943 Yooka Laylee
4. 434 Fallout New Vegas
5. 575 Legend Of The Guardians: The Owls Of Gahoole
6. 216 Braid
7. 407 Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light
8. 1098 Ratchet & Clank All 4 One
9. 829 Crysis 2

• Like 2

Done with my first game for the event:

8127 - Dragon Quest XI

Enjoyed it at first, but that enjoyment quickly faded to moderate disappointment in how repetitive it felt. Really wish I would have turned on some of the options at the beginning to make the game a little more challenging, but I didn't know quite what to expect with this being my first DQ game. Honestly, this has turned me off from the series... I'll still look into future games when they're on super sale, but I won't ever be doing a day-one purchase (not that DQXI was a day-one purchase, but I was looking forward to it).

I do still have Dragon Quest Builders in my backlog... anyone have an opinion on that (@Salima-sensei, I noticed you just finished it up...)?

• Like 2

Finished my first game for the event.

0 -

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 - Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (8127)

8 -

9 -

Despite myself and @eigen-space both finishing it within a span of a few minutes, we have very differing opinions about the game itself. For me, this is not my first Dragon Quest game, and I've played around in a bunch of the other titles, with V being my clear favorite. Unlike most Dragon Quest games, the crafting system eliminates the need to grind out money for new equipment and the game is balanced well enough that grinding for EXP is also rarely needed. While it did take me a long time to really get invested in the story, once Act II started I was pretty much locked in for the long haul. It's also very interesting how this game tied itself to the backstory of other games in the series. While V remains my favorite game in the series, I believe that XI deserves to be placed at #2 there, right behind it. Going to also enjoy using the Luminary and his other friends in Smash, and this was a great choice for my milestone 125th platinum.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2019 at 0:18 PM, Upendo_Vitani said:

Yeah I'm going to change some of these out for others. Just have zero motivation to finish them. My new goals are:

0 - Alice: Madness Returns (same)

1 - Apotheon

2 - Unravel

3 - Dreamals Dream Quest

4 - Assassin's Creed Chronicles (Vita)

5 - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (same)

6 - Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS4)

7 - Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice (same) 

8 - Uncharted Lost Legacy

9 - Shrek Forever After (same)

Of course this may change over the course of the event but I picked games that I am most likely to complete so we will see how it goes.

Alright. I can't find my motivation right now. I'm going to just leave my list blank and whatever I finish will get written down. 

0-

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

9-