Gaming By Numbers 2019 (Event Finished)

Glad to see so many people coming back for a second round of this event! And it's great to see some new names in here as well... although that may be due to the username change feature rather than y'all actually being new xD

I created a spreadsheet for the event that's also linked at the top of the main post with everyone who has signed up so far. I've made some minor tweaks to the badge design (added outer border, outlined the username, slight changes to the crown) and altered the color panel just slightly (Color 1 is slightly darker, Color 3 is less yellow, and Color 5 is more red). Only thing that might change in the future is the font I used, but it's hard to get a font with an outline to work well when it's so small, so it might stay how it is.

I also have a goal of making an event dashboard using Tableau Public to show some stats in a very pretty visual way, but that's only if the eigen-baby cooperates (usually she does :D) and I don't get too distracted with my own gaming.

Edited by eigen-space

I am usually a lurker, but I remember last year's event on this and think it's a great way to go through games you wouldn't normally go through. I will check my backlog to see if there is anything worth running. (I lost all of my digital games last week when my old PS4 died due to a power surge during a thunderstorm so I'd have to buy everything again. :()

29 minutes ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

(I lost all of my digital games last week when my old PS4 died due to a power surge during a thunderstorm so I'd have to buy everything again. :()

No need to rebuy everything. All your digital games are stored in the Library section of the PS4 menu bar. You just have to redownload everything, that’s all. Or you can go to the PlayStation store website and download from your download list there.

Edited by Fnee2000

51 minutes ago, Fnee2000 said:

No need to rebuy everything. All your digital games are stored in the Library section of the PS4 menu bar. You just have to redownload everything, that’s all. Or you can go to the PlayStation store website and download from your download list there.

That library section was on my old PS4 which is being recycled for parts now so I lost everything on that library section. Most of the stuff isn't that expensive and I still have enough money for food(I paid off my rent and electric bill which was less than $100).

18 hours ago, eigen-space said:

And here is this year's "color panel" (some of them are image effects rather than individual colors) so that you can prioritize your games based on your favorite colors. Similar to last year, the spots where these colors go are being kept secret for now :)

15Cwk0V.png

No blue? Disappointed. Blue is my favorite color. :(

Went through my games... doubt I'll get to all of these, but this is my tentative plan...

8070/6030 - Little Dragons Cafe / The Sexy Brutale

3531/5241 - Broken Age / Mahjong

1692/5822 - Okami HD / Clouds and Sheep 2

6953/7023 - The Count Lucanor (NA - PS4) / Papers, Please

3304/8354 - Grim Fandango Remastered / Perils of Baking: Refrosted

7255 - Fe

9136 - Atelier Lulua (Platinum #75)

8127 - Dragon Quest IX

5128 - Overcooked (100th Completed Game)

8049/5259 - Slime Rancher / Oceanhorn (PS4)

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

That library section was on my old PS4 which is being recycled for parts now so I lost everything on that library section. Most of the stuff isn't that expensive and I still have enough money for food(I paid off my rent and electric bill which was less than $100

When you get your new PS4, as long as you sign in with the same account you had on your old PS4, all of your digitally purchased games will be waiting for you to redownload. Any digital purchase you made will be tied to that account, no need to repurchase. You can also go to the PlayStation Store on your computer, phone, or tablet and sign into your account. In the top right corner you can access your account where you will see a download list tag. Click that and you can see and download any game you purchased digitally. I have had to do this before myself when I went from regular PS4 to PS4 pro.

I already did some digging through my non-plat games, and kind of made a draft of what I will be playing (although several of them aren't something that I'm looking forward too..) 

1 - Blood Knights (PS3, I guess..)(2281) | Dark Cloud 1 Plat (PS4, exception, if I hit 13k trophies during the event)(4121)

2 - Mahjong Royal Towers (PS4) (6852)

3 - The Bridge (PS3/Vita/PS4, well, if it really has to be..) (3773) | Degrees of Separation (PS4, EU) (8703)

4 - Yu-Gi-Oh Millennium Duals (PS3, ya, right… until September, right?...) (2564)

5 - Mahjong World Contest (PS4) (6705)

6 - Vessel (PS3, EU, well, someday I will have to actually play this ?) (2486) | Monkey Island 2 Special Edition (PS3) (376)

7 - Crystal Defenders (PS3) (357)

8 - Fighters Vipers (PS3) (1768)

9 - Chronus Arc (Vita) (8289) | The Secret of Monkey Island (PS3) (339)

0 - Virtua Fighter 2 (PS3) (1770)

This actually will work with my limited play time and extremely limited ps4 accessibility (since I'm working more and more, and don't even know when, if, I will get some vacations...) 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Okay, I'll throw my dragon hat in the ring for this event. I want to use this to make several games I have in my backlog.non-existent by earning the platinum for them. I know a few games I can fill in but I might just throw in non-plats for those spots as I will need all the time one can get to work on four major time-sinks: Kingdom Hearts III(8675), Ni no Kuni II(7410), Dragon Quest XI(8127) and World of Final Fantasy(5451).

It'll probably give me something to work towards when the big mega-hit month of September comes in. In fact, I am going to work on DQXI and Ni no Kuni II to prepare for the Ni no Kuni remaster and Dragon Quest XI S coming out in September. ;) Will look into putting down the full list soon.

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
  • Like 1

So a tentative list for me:

0. Frane: Dragon's Odyssey (NA Vita)

1. ?

2. ?

3. 英雄伝説 零の軌跡 Evolution (JP Vita)

4. Gem Legends (NA Vita)

5. Asdivine Dios (NA Vita) - Not yet released in NA, but they usually release a month after the trophy list is posted and all regions share the same list. 

6. Ray Gigant (NA Vita)

7. Persona 5 (NA PS4)

8. Treasures of Montezuma 4 (NA Vita)

9. 英雄伝説 碧の軌跡 Evolution (JP Vita)

And apparently just like last year 2 is going to evade me and be a part of no games I own and I'll end up randomly buying some random easy game for it and #1.

• Like 1

So just judging by a quick glance at my profile, I'm thinking of doing

0. House in Fata Morgana

1. Steins;Gate 0

2. ???

3.???

4. Nier Automata

5. Pheonix Wright

7. Trover Saves the Universe

8. Persona 4 Dancing All Night

9. IA/VT Colorful

I'll try to find others to add in :D