I think I've been IP banned and I've no idea why

D1RTIEST

I'm not really sure what to do. I can't connect to PSN services on my WiFi/Ethernet on any device (pc, phone, ps3 and PS4). I can connect via 4G on my phone. I've tried resetting my router. I get error code 80710016. I googled that and apparently I might have been IP banned

At first I thought PSN was down, as it just signed me out when I was playing Mass Effect 1 on ps3. What should I do?

1 minute ago, jdizzle0420 said:

Contact Sony and give them the error message and see what they say is going on. 

I'm in the UK so can't phone their US number

I went through their support page and it just says to contact my ISP, though i don't see what they can do

6 minutes ago, xlStupiiDPrimeZ said:

This happened to me a long time ago too..

I read that it was an mistake by your provider.

You cant really do anything just wait one day use the time to play game some games on CD to clean your Profile^^

It goes away after one day?

34 minutes ago, EIephantsOnAcid said:

I'm in the UK so can't phone their US number

I went through their support page and it just says to contact my ISP, though i don't see what they can do

It goes away after one day?

Your ISP assigns you your IP. They can assign you a new IP. 

Some ISPs will dynamically assign IPs and they’ll change over time, some don’t change them regularly but can on request. 

You probably got a new IP from your provider that was banned.

You can either wait for a new IP from your provider or see if you can manually change your current IP. Some providers change the IP every time you connect to the internet some every day and some less often.

Happened to me too and i freaked out at first. Maybe your ISP just gave you a bad IP, or Sony might have banned your IP which is legit by mistake. (they are VERY sensitive)

I have a super shitty ISP that gives me blacklisted abused IP's all the time... (Are you a robot? on every page etc...) one time i got a banned IP, had to wait like 2 days to get a normal one again.

Edited by SnizelPS