How many more DLC's

The only real problem the game has is how the enemies become damage sponges the higher the level you get, specially the boss characters. You can counter that with stealth assassinations, but that doesn't solve the boss problem, where you just sit there wailing on them.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of the extra support they give this game, but like many of you with a busy life, I'm waiting for it all to be out. I still have a bunch of FFXV DLC waiting to be completed, but I wanted to wait until they were done, too. The days where I could play each new DLC as it came out seem to have gone...but I look at it like a massive expansion dropped a year from when I first beat the game rather than 6 smaller episodes that I could have played along the way. 

I think the individuals on here that are upset by the persistent DLC are just completionists who want to be done with their 100%, but that is going to be rarer going forward. Every game wants to keep you engaged to keep drawing in revenue and your attention, and to make you think the experience was worth the cost of admission. For Odyssey, I feel like I got way more than what I expected at the price, and will be getting whatever the next AC game is for sure--so mission accomplished, Ubisoft? 

9 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

The only real problem the game has is how the enemies become damage sponges the higher the level you get, specially the boss characters. You can counter that with stealth assassinations, but that doesn't solve the boss problem, where you just sit there wailing on them.

Shurorororo.

Sadly the boss fight in the last DLC was the first time I've ever been on the tip of my feet fighting an enemy in the entire game, makes me nervous how deadlier the next one will be.

Even using the easy setting and the setting where enemies are underleveled barely helps.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:10 AM, NathanDarko said:

As mentioned i enjoyed the main game. The content was totally fine for like 80 hours of gameplay. The first story dlc had some nice narration and pretty good ideas. Furthermore i haven't attacked the atmosphere with any word. That's not the problem here. The thing is, that the gameplay is superficial and repetetive as fuck. You ask me what kind of games i play? A lot, and a lot of them did a better job in long term motivation such as Witcher 3 for example. It's a personal opinion. Not more not less

So you actually enjoyed the game, but you will gonna pass future AC releases, because they added some DLC trophies you need to get. Man, this kind trophy hunting must be such a great hobby to have, you truly enjoy the games for what they are.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

It has been just revealed that it’s the final DLC coming later this month.

Discovery Tour is coming later as well. This is just the final Atlantis DLC.

10 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Gah, AC Origins was such a boring grind-fest for me that it actively persuaded me to not get this game. After seeing this endless DLC I'm glad I didn't end up getting this game lol

Origins was a fucking trainwreck and disgrace to the brand. One of the worst games I've played in years. Odyssey is still one of the weakest ACs but it is miles above Origins, because you cant really get any lower than that one.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Origins was a fucking trainwreck and disgrace to the brand. One of the worst games I've played in years. Odyssey is still one of the weakest ACs but it is miles above Origins, because you cant really get any lower than that one.

Haven't played Origins so I can't respond to that part, but as someone who was seriously fed up with Ubisoft's open world games, Odyssey has brought me back in.

Even though the game is longer then any before it, I feel that it respects my time a lot more then others in the series because you are rarely doing things that aren't worthwhile. It is not relentless busy work. I'm having fun.

The game isn't perfect, I hate the enemy level scaling with a passion, but as far as Assassins Creed games go, this is now probably my favourite.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Haven't played Origins so I can't respond to that part, but as someone who was seriously fed up with Ubisoft's open world games, Odyssey has brought me back in.

Even though the game is longer then any before it, I feel that it respects my time a lot more then others in the series because you are rarely doing things that aren't worthwhile. It is not relentless busy work. I'm having fun.

The game isn't perfect, I hate the enemy level scaling with a passion, but as far as Assassins Creed games go, this is now probably my favourite.

Tbh, I actually really liked Origins. I think Odyssey expanded on a lot of what Origins did, but a one setback was that I think stealth in Origins was better. I realize we're not an "assassin" in Odyssey like in other AC games, but it'd be nice if when you sneak up on someone and stab them, they freaking die instead of turning around and alerting the whole damn base camp there's an intruder. It's why I spend so much of my time sniping enemies with arrows in Odyssey. In Origins I would infiltrate an enemy stronghold and stealth my way through it. Can't easily do that in Odyssey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

Tbh, I actually really liked Origins. I think Odyssey expanded on a lot of what Origins did, but a one setback was that I think stealth in Origins was better. I realize we're not an "assassin" in Odyssey like in other AC games, but it'd be nice if when you sneak up on someone and stab them, they freaking die instead of turning around and alerting the whole damn base camp there's an intruder. It's why I spend so much of my time sniping enemies with arrows in Odyssey. In Origins I would infiltrate an enemy stronghold and stealth my way through it. Can't easily do that in Odyssey.

Try holding down :square: when you sneak up on an enemy. It will kill most of them first time. Combine that with the Death Veil ability and you can clear most areas out with stealth in a pretty reliable way. Lately though, because I have so much drachmae and it's more fun/faster, I've just been going in like Rambo and then paying the bounty afterwards lol.

I'm going to get to it. I think I'll need a break from AC after Odyssey though. I've been playing it since November and I've still got all of the Atlantis DLC to complete.

On 4.7.2019 at 0:46 AM, madbuk said:

Funny how tastest can be different. For me Origins was not only the best AC (and I’ve been a huge fan ever since the first) but also one of the best games ever made... Hmmm... 

• Like 3

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 0:43 AM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I actually liked Origins more,

enjoyed Odyssey but I feel Origins did a better job intertwining its mythology into the story where it feels more like set pieces in odyssey, though I haven't played the DLC's so that may have changed,

stealth also felt better in Origins, the bows in Odyssey suck in comparison.

Also kinda biased though as Egyptian mythology is my favourite of the pantheons with Norse coming second then Greek 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sea_Dragon777 said:

Are they done? Can i play the game noe and finish it at 100% ?

You are probably set by August when all the content is out or during Fall when the Discovery Tour comes out since it might have a DLC trophy list

• Like 1

21 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

You are probably set by August when all the content is out or during Fall when the Discovery Tour comes out since it might have a DLC trophy list

Origins’s Discovery Tour had trophies, so this one will probably have trophies too. Sorry ?

They're trying to outdo themselves apparently.

This has more trophies than any other Assassins Creed game.

I miss the days when you only had one DLC pack, or the base game was more than enough to sell. Can't have that anymore given how big today's AAA games are, I imagine Odyssey is by far the biggest game in file size.

80 - 100 GBs nowadays is the standard I guess. I remember when 20 - 30 GBs was considered huge.

• Like 4

On 7/6/2019 at 0:20 PM, Sifferino said:

Origins’s Discovery Tour had trophies, so this one will probably have trophies too. Sorry 1f609.png

Hope Not, it's a delete as soon as I get 100%.  Like the game but it's to heavy to keep (not that I have a space problem atm) but still.

On 8 July 2019 at 8:52 AM, Spaz said:

They're trying to outdo themselves apparently.

This has more trophies than any other Assassins Creed game.

I miss the days when you only had one DLC pack, or the base game was more than enough to sell. Can't have that anymore given how big today's AAA games are, I imagine Odyssey is by far the biggest game in file size.

80 - 100 GBs nowadays is the standard I guess. I remember when 20 - 30 GBs was considered huge.

They have a year to kill lol.

I highly doubt anyone is buying this game (or any game really) just for the DLC. RDR2 is the biggest game, 99GB.

Just imagine the insane sizes that'll come with next gen.