Battlefield V is broken

buenatortuga

Today's update is 4.2.1 which just adds the new Marita multiplayer map and a couple more premium Elite characters.

The official DICE thread on Reddit says, "This update contains no other fixes, or changes to Battlefield V."

(The trophy fix is still listed as "potentially 4.4" which is the update planned for the end of August.)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, barticle said:

Today's update is 4.2.1 which just adds the new Marita multiplayer map and a couple more premium Elite characters.

The official DICE thread on Reddit says, "This update contains no other fixes, or changes to Battlefield V."

(The trophy fix is still listed as "potentially 4.4" which is the update planned for the end of August.)

Unfuckingbelievable 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

So platinum is anymore obtainable?

its not possible and not impossible . u need to do all stuff for any trophy in one server without disconnection and that is not easy .

also that flag trophy in frontire become time limited and currently unobtainable till next week and then maybe become unobtainable for weeks or months again .

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 0:57 PM, Hamzeh_Yz said:

its not possible and not impossible . u need to do all stuff for any trophy in one server without disconnection and that is not easy .

also that flag trophy in frontire become time limited and currently unobtainable till next week and then maybe become unobtainable for weeks or months again .

Its still possible to platinum. It just takes way too long.  I was lucky with the flag trophy when the event was available. And it still exists in grand operations. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pendaemonium said:

How is this Game overall besides the Trophies? Just bought it from Amazon for 20. 

I don't remember the Beta at all besides that you always had to search for Boxes to replenish Ammo, which was annoying imo. Is this still in the Game?

Game is pretty shit and bare bones compared to previous Battlefield games. Gameplay wise it's pretty good though, but the overall package is disappointing.

EA & DICE are incredible, i have gliched only:

"Hoist the Flag", "Globetrotter", "Fender Bender", "Jack of All Trades", "Eager Beaver" and "Elite". Only 5 trophies... thanks EA. Great Job DICE.

I'm bored to play Conquest and Grand Operations. I love your "server not available" at the end of a match. It is time to move to other game.

PD.- Assault: LV18 (346,433), Recon: LV17 (284,154), Support LV16 (250,671), Medic: LV15 (234,914).... 

Edited by ce-jota
  • Like 2

On 31/7/2019 at 1:32 PM, reiner- said:

Screwed over by developers again.

Payed $150 for the Deluxe Edition day one only to put up with this shit. NEVER AGAIN!

NEVER PRE ORDER A GAME 

I really hope you learned the lesson this time ??

Edited by bani24j
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, bani24j said:

NEVER PRE ORDER A GAME 

I really hope you learned the lesson this time 1f612.png1f612.png

Fallout 76 = $300 Strike 1

Battlefield V = $150 Strike 2

Wolfenstein: Youngblood = $70 STRIKE 3

I'm done with day one purchases.

Well until the next From Software game. 

Edited by reiner-
  • Like 2

Ok, so basically just to report back from their support thread.

Only people who started playing after the update that broke the trophies are affected by the glitched trophies. This explains why so many are earning them nowadays. Everybody else is basically screwed.

When they do fix it, the trophies will not be awarded retroactively to the people affected, as this will cause even more problems for their pos game. 

You will have to basically play from scratch towards your 150, 500k and 100k per class, so you may as well not bother playing until it is confirmed fixed.

Meh.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, x7eight said:

Only people who started playing after the update that broke the trophies are affected by the glitched trophies. This explains why so many are earning them nowadays. Everybody else is basically screwed.

When they do fix it, the trophies will not be awarded retroactively to the people affected, as this will cause even more problems for their pos game. 

You will have to basically play from scratch towards your 150, 500k and 100k per class, so you may as well not bother playing until it is confirmed fixed.

Meh.

So if I begin the game now. I will get buggy trophies?

2 hours ago, x7eight said:

Meh.

I started playing In the middle of May, before those glitches started. Should i continue earning points? (stoppend playing after i read of the bugs) 

2 hours ago, Pinselneo said:

So if I begin the game now. I will get buggy trophies?

Yes. 

17 minutes ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

I started playing In the middle of May, before those glitches started. Should i continue earning points? (stoppend playing after i read of the bugs) 

You should be fine but I wouldn't play just to get the trophies until the fix is confirmed anyway, I don't trust their game and systems. Nothing wrong to play if enjoy the game though. 

3 hours ago, x7eight said:

Meh.

You have a link to this? 

Just stay in touch with this topic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bf5-trophies-glitched-bugged/td-p/7898519/page/46

I quote the most important reply here:

EA_Blueberry

I received word the team would have trouble implementing the trophies/achievements as retroactive grants because it would pose a greater risk of breaking other things, so current plans are to address this in the coming update so progress is once again tracked. Thank you sticking it out with us and if there are any updates prior to the 4.4 update surrounding this we'll share it with you here. Have a great weekend and see you on the battlefield.

/Blueberry
Edited by VLAAMINGK_N1
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, x7eight said:

I see there's another uodate, but I don't think it does anything.

We have an update rolling out tomorrow (7th August) that will look to eliminate the most common cause of crashing across all platforms, alongside an additional and separate fix for Practice Range. This update otherwise adds no additional content, or makes further changes to Battlefield V.

This update is anticipated to clock in at around the 800MB on PC, 500MB on Xbox One, and 450MB on PS4.

What’s Changed?
  • Eliminated the most common cause of crashing on all Platforms, across all game modes

• Separately fixed a different issue, addressing a hard crash in Practice Range when interacting with Planes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Game_Knot said:

We have an update rolling out tomorrow (7th August) that will look to eliminate the most common cause of crashing across all platforms, alongside an additional and separate fix for Practice Range. This update otherwise adds no additional content, or makes further changes to Battlefield V.

This update is anticipated to clock in at around the 800MB on PC, 500MB on Xbox One, and 450MB on PS4.

What’s Changed?
  • Eliminated the most common cause of crashing on all Platforms, across all game modes

• Separately fixed a different issue, addressing a hard crash in Practice Range when interacting with Planes.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't tell us what this most common cause of crashing is lmao. 

It's almost funny now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GeneSaw said:

So is there an update coming that fixes the trophies? I'm fine starting my 500k from scratch but I'd like a guarantee that it actually unlocks once I reach it.

Its scheduled to be fixed with the next big update in end of August but there is no guarantee only time will tell if its true or just more bullshit from them.

• Like 3