Beating Oxide's time again!?

My friend told me that easy to beat time trials by use triple drift boost trick as many time as you can. A lot of players didn’t know about boost drift on PS1 and they were finding it difficult. I haven’t played time trial yet. My friend showed me how to do drift trick on PS1 last year. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 21/06/2019 at 3:28 PM, A1rPun said:

I think his version will be harder because in the PS1 version you could enable cheats for super speed pads to easily beat oxide.

That’s not true. Entering Time Trials menu in the OG was the only way to disable all active cheats in the game actually :) 

8 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

That’s not true. Entering Time Trials menu in the OG was the only way to disable all active cheats in the game actually :) 

The super speed pads cheat only disabled after a reset. Penta pinguin and the scrapbook cheat can't be disabled after saving so which cheats are you talking about? I played it on playstation 1.

Edited by A1rPun

17 hours ago, A1rPun said:

The super speed pads cheat only disabled after a reset. Penta pinguin and the scrapbook cheat can't be disabled after saving so which cheats are you talking about? I played it on playstation 1.

No, it doesn’t disable “only” after resetting the console. Any (except those two you mentioned) cheat you activate are instantly disabled when you enter the character select screen in Time Trial.

The only way it make these challenges easier is playing the PAL version of the game with Penta Penguin which has all stats to the max. 

Edited by TurtlePM

On 9/17/2019 at 3:58 PM, TurtlePM said:

No, it doesn’t disable “only” after resetting the console. Any (except those two you mentioned) cheat you activate are instantly disabled when you enter the character select screen in Time Trial.

The only way it make these challenges easier is playing the PAL version of the game with Penta Penguin which has all stats to the max. 

So, I just tested this on PS1 because I was sure the cheats won't disable in time trials... and I remembered it right after all these years :) I suggest you do the same.

So the question remains. Where did you get that false information?

6 hours ago, A1rPun said:

So, I just tested this on PS1 because I was sure the cheats won't disable in time trials... and I remembered it right after all these years :) I suggest you do the same.

So the question remains. Where did you get that false information?

Nope, the only question remaining is: did you actually tested the PS1 game when you commented? I won’t insiste if you played the NTSC version or even an hacked version of the game in an Emulator. But if you’re talking about the same PAL version of the game, you’re lying about “you tested it”.

I played hours of the OG for years til NF was released (that’s why it’s my favorite game of all time).

So here’s my test (just to make sure my memory wasn’t fooling me) today:

There is an illegal shortcut that can only be done using the Super Turbo Pads cheat in Polar Pass. I tested on Time Trials and I couldn’t make that jump. Then I remember there was an easy way to test this: playing Oxide Station. If you activate the cheat code on Arcade or Adventure Mode, you can’t “finish” the race properly. After you go off space, there is a big jump where you must fly in between the track in order to land on the lower level. If you activate the Super Turbo pads, your kart will go so fast that you’ll land on the upper part of the track (beginning). I started the TT on this track and I noticed the difference: no cheats enabled ;)

Either way, here’s “something” about someone asking about STP cheat on TT: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/196989-crash-team-racing/answers/470486-how-to-use-a-cheat-code-on-time-trial-

That’s the only “extra info”, since I can’t record my gameplay on PS1 or PS3 to prove my word (if I had to prove my knowledge to anyone). But I’m glad you have a better or easier version of the game :) in my version, Penta Penguin is OP and he has a “voice” while over versions he’s just Beginner and someone says “Penguin Yeah 1”.

PS: Tested with N.Gin ;)

Edited by TurtlePM

On 9/18/2019 at 10:57 PM, TurtlePM said:

But if you’re talking about the same PAL version of the game, you’re lying about “you tested it”.

So you want to call me a liar? Even after taking the time to dust off my PS1 and look up the game especially for you?

We have an interesting case here, you have to believe me on my word. I can make a video just so you can see I'm not talking shit.

PAL. Playstation 1. No emulator. Penta has max stats.

And if it matters: Played most versions of CTR for years just like you.

PS: If you insist to try to prove me wrong, I would like to battle it out in an online match instead of false accusations.

Edited by A1rPun

6 hours ago, A1rPun said:

So you want to call me a liar? Even after taking the time to dust off my PS1 and look up the game especially for you?

We have an interesting case here, you have to believe me on my word. I can make a video just so you can see I'm not talking shit.

PAL. Playstation 1. No emulator. Penta has max stats.

And if it matters: Played most versions of CTR for years just like you.

PS: If you insist to try to prove me wrong, I would like to battle it out in an online match instead of false accusations.

What does “battling you” online has to do with any of this? That’s a painful loser argument for this discussion :D winning me in an online match (if you were lucky enough) wouldn’t change anything for the discussion. It’s like:

- the game was released in 97.

- no, it was in 99

- you’re so wrong, let’s battle online to conclude this discution

- (you win) see, the game was released in 97 -_-

Actually I took time as well to connect my PS1 and test the same thing, gave you examples how I tested it, specially mentioning the easiest case to test it in Oxide Station.

Like I said, you might have a greater version of the game, there are difference between NTSC and PAL, it might have some versions of the European version that differs between them. You don’t have to prove anything to me or anyone, just don’t say it was easier because of “super turbo pads”. It’s easier if you play with Penta Penguin with max stats in the Pal version, since Penta has Advanced engine in the NF game. Just don’t come to me and say “STP can only be disabled by resetting the console”. When I was a kid, I couldn’t beat Oxide because I didn’t have the skill to decently control my Kart, so I tried cheating and I couldn’t. That’s why I was so sure about it and I had to turn on my PS1 yesterday to make sure I was right.

Hahahaha so full of assumptions. I don't want to prove my point by beating you, I just want to suss this discussion of yours by taking a friendly competition so you don't have to deal with the fact that this world is not black and white.

I accept that other versions of CTR can disable cheats in time trail mode by taking your word but you are bringing this information in a cumbersome and biased way.

I love to get to the bottom of the facts and not with that garbage talk about liars and losers.

EDIT: I just checked my version on the disc and confirmed in game, NTSC. I said PAL before because I'm in Europe and assumed it was my version. But I should have know because in the PAL version you can select multiple languages and the scrapbook is shorter.

EDIT2: Penta does say "pinguin yay 1" in my game too..

Edited by A1rPun