Exalted trophy

PaoloGaldor

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

There's been a few new Delves added recently, has anyone confirmed if any of them are easier than Crypt Keepers or is that still the default everyone seems to be targeting? 

Beating delve level 500 can be done rather easily in several delves. Doing so with a faction team however still remains a mystery. The crypt can be done on luck with a low percentage of success, others are (close to) impossible so far.
As for beating delve level 500 with none faction units, here are a few teams which worked for me:

primal rift: green golem, faunessa, yao guai, hero as bard with symbol of anu weapon, suncrest banner

fang moor: stonehammer, divinia, hero as bard with trickster's shot weapon, elemaugrim, forgot to note down which banner

I hit a limit in sunken fleet at level 360. Divinia is necessary due to the enemy casting curse and death mark a lot. Death mark usually doesn't bother me, but in this delve I kept losing to it due to the battles lasting longer and longer. And a trait to be immune doesn't work thanks to curse. The problem here is that divinia's healing can't keep up with the increasing damage done by the boss room enemies.
Currently making progress in hall of guardians with: stonehammer, faunessa, divinia, hero as bard with yasmine's pride weapon, shengtang banner

Hoard levels are 110-140, which doesn't make much of a difference due to the massive healing capabilities of faunessa.

Disclaimer: I'm not taking credit for these teams, my fellow guild members came up with it.

One idea I haven't tested yet is the goblin mythic high king irongut, who can devour over and over again, his devour chance is based on his attack, so he starts with about 50% chance and after one devour his attack has gone beyond 100, making his next devour a certainty. This obviously doesn't work everywhere, but I'm keeping it in mind just in case.

Edited by de_digibeet

8 hours ago, de_digibeet said:

\As for beating delve level 500 with none faction units, here are a few teams which worked for me:

Let me simplify what my Guild Tyrant said above by making it a bit more generic.  You're looking to do a few things with your Delve team at high levels:

First of all, you need a good tank.  Stonehammer is the best guy here for all the things that he has going for him:  he blunts a huge amount of skull damage, Fortitude makes him immune to a huge number of annoying status effects that would take away from his utility (unless he gets cursed by the Maraji Queen or something), and his spell does a bunch of useful things including adding to his own life.  But if the delve colors don't let you use him?  Look for another good "tank-y" unit that blunts skull damage.  Just be mindful about using Golems.... because while most of them have a trait to halve skull damage, there are a number of delve chambers where you'll run into enemies whose spells do triple damage to Constructs.

(In the Primal Rift, I like the Green Golem because he inflicts Entangle on skull damage and with his spell, which goes a long way towards increasing his survivability.  But be mindful of what I've mentioned just above.)

Second, you need a really good healer.  I like Faunessa because her spell does a fair amount of damage in addition to healing and because it scales to enemy attack, but you have other options.  Divinia is okay, but her healing doesn't scale as well.  (On the bright side, Divinia is a mana generator and her spell also Cleanses.)  Emperor Liang probably requires a Hero with the perk that gives everybody life on 4+ matches to counter-balance his tendency to cannibalize his own life on those same matches.  Yasmine's Pride is good, but does become far less effective once you've stripped all the armor from enemies.

Thirdly, you need a heavy hitter.  Somebody that can do a lot of damage in a hurry, because you're looking at huge amounts of enemy life/armor at high levels and some enemies are going to re-fill those.  So if it turns into a race situation, you need to be able to keep up.  Yao Gui is a great example of what can work, because he gradually increases his magic and he's capable of re-filling himself at times.  If you want to look at mythics who might qualify, Suna can also do a lot of damage and gradually increase her magic, plus she'll drop Faerie Fire on enemies (but she doesn't re-fill herself).  If you're going to be mindful of things, troops that do set damage to all enemies or scatter damage can run into problems with enemies who submerge themselves, which is common both in the Sea of Sorrow and in any delve where you run into the room that grants Tidal Flux to everybody.  So you might want something that does splash damage or simply a big number to a random or single-target enemy just to be safe.

And if you've got a spot (or two) left after addressing the three points above?  Fill things in as fits your style and preferences.  And remember that if you use your Hero, s/he is not bound by the color restrictions but can select any weapon you desire from your inventory.

Some units don't scale very well into high-level delves, even if you pump your hoard.  So be aware of that and remember that some troops might be wonderful at lower levels of a delve and near-useless when approaching 500.

12 minutes ago, Klart said:

Where can I get the Epic Battle Trophy?

You'll be able to do an Epic Battle during two of the weekly events:  Raidboss (Zuul'goth) and Invasion (Towers).

You should be able to do an Epic Battle during a Class Challenge as well.  Much of my guild did it during the Frostmage event this past Thursday, and there is a new Class Challenge being released next weekend.