How long did your last treasure take?

So I'm down to two treasures left, Wrathful Deity Head (Lapis-Lazuli) and Gift Tara (Ruby). I've been trying for 10 hrs and haven't gotten either. How long did it take you to get your last treasure?

Edit: Got my last two treasures in about 30 hours.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

I remember getting mine within a few hours. Although I had an easy treasure left, which I could do with the chateau method. Not to demotivate you but we had someone joining our boosting group on a regular basis and he was going for his last treasure for almost a year. (Not constantly playing ofcourse, but still...) Anyway, good luck!

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

I searched for my last 4 treasures for one week, i played around 20 hours. And then i got all 4 in two-three hours. I still remember my last one, it was the Ceremonial Blade and i got it in Plaza while enjoying Hunter mode. One of the people i boosted UC3 mp trophies, searched for 50 hours for his last treasure

It took about 7 hours (probably closer to 5 hours of gameplay) to get the last treasure, the Copper Newari Figure (in HA, Plaza). I had the benefit of using a second PS3 though. There was info going round one of the chat groups that changing your IP address almost always guaranteed a new treasure in your next match but I’m not convinced that worked for me. I think the main reason I had better luck was because I followed someone’s advice to keep changing my alt once they got to about rank 7, because the lower level players seem to drop a lot more treasures.

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

There was info going round one of the chat groups that changing your IP address almost always guaranteed a new treasure in your next match but I’m not convinced that worked for me. I think the main reason I had better luck was because I followed someone’s advice to keep changing my alt once they got to about rank 7, because the lower level players seem to drop a lot more treasures.

Is there any information backing this up?

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Is there any information backing this up?

If you mean with the IP change then I can only say that there were about 3 people in the messaging group & discord who reported getting new treasures after starting a new match, though it didn’t seem to work consistently. 

2q8ub6r.png

29pp28g.jpg

2vjd40h.png

As I said I’m really not convinced it worked for me as I was getting more treasures per game than most people were anyway. I definitely noticed an increase in drop rate with a low level alt. Whenever I played with another high level booster I’d average only about two drops per game, and sometimes I’d get zero.

• Like 1

I got my last two treasures literally within one minute of each other. I was in utter disbelief when I got them back to back so fast, and I even have my trophy timestamps to whoever doesn't believe me. And I probably hadn't specifically grinded for treasures more than 3 days when this had happened. Best feeling ever. 

4 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

If you mean with the IP change then I can only say that there were about 3 people in the messaging group & discord who reported getting new treasures after starting a new match, though it didn’t seem to work consistently. 

2q8ub6r.png

29pp28g.jpg

2vjd40h.png

As I said I’m really not convinced it worked for me as I was getting more treasures per game than most people were anyway. I definitely noticed an increase in drop rate with a low level alt. Whenever I played with another high level booster I’d average only about two drops per game, and sometimes I’d get zero.

I gave this a try and didn't have any luck. 2 hours later I got my last treasure. Pretty sure they just got lucky unless there are more specific steps you need to take than just changing the IP address.

I don't think there's a theory about how Naughty Dog ingeniously programmed these treasure drops in order to maximize player engagement that I haven't seen yet. It's quite wild.

Change your IP, play with lower level characters, play different maps, play on different days, play during different times, kill people with different weapons, shoot different body parts,

... or it's just a table that rolls a random treasure every time you loot one.

Anyway, as to the topic, I think it took me about 6 hours or so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

As in boosting treasures only from start to finish?

5 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

No, he’s also been doing co-op and objective wins with us these past couple of weeks.

I played like 5-6 hours a day with the guys, i meant 2 hours a day just farming treasures in HA. When I missed 5 treasures I got one new drop everyday.