The-Bodhi-Cypher

Online is pretty frustrating

8 posts in this topic

Went online last night with the hope of clearing some of the online trophies, but seemed full of people just randomly driving round taking each other down - no-one doing any challenges or anything productive at all. Is it still worth trying to link up with people in this game? 

You should set up or join a boosting session. That's the easiest way of getting majority of them. 

Surprisingly, I had to do a lot more boosting on PS4 than PS3. On PS3 if you message randoms, most of the time they are burnout experts with all 500 challenges done who are just playing for fun, I had one carry me through robbers dlc so fast... just ask nicely.

Can you boost most online trophies in private lobbies? I have 2 ps3’s and want to do it solo.

You can, yes - some are very quick and easy to do with 2 PS3's - some are more challenging, such as the timed challenges - but not impossible, provided you know what the challenge requires and you set it up.

The only ones that you really need to do with others are the 8 player trophies. The 8 player bike challenge in particular it's best to do in an open lobby if you can (or create one and wait for 6 or 7 others). There is an offline way of getting the 8 players meet up at the baseball stadium, which can be found here 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/burnout-paradise/163549-8-players-meet-wildcat-stadium-offline-method.html

and might be easier than relying on the other players all doing what is required for it. If you need a hand with any, and depending on what time you're playing, I am willing to help if I can

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, The-Bodhi-Cypher said:

and might be easier than relying on the other players all doing what is required for it. If you need a hand with any, and depending on what time you're playing, I am willing to help if I can

Thanks for the info! I got the base game mp trophies done no problem, only need the stadium one now which I’ll use offline method for. I’ll suss out the bike one when I get to it thanks for the offer of help, much appreciated! If you need help with anything same applies, that goes for any game I have on my profile... 😄

Edited by HOGIE838IRE

Posted (edited)

Just used the offline road rage method and it worked! :platinum:! Excellent! Definitely easier than relying on 7 random people, learned that after a few hours in various 8 player lobbies. 

Now the only thing I need to do before servers close is some cops and robbers, maybe island challenges too if I could be bothered. 

Edited by snakebacon97

18 minutes ago, snakebacon97 said:

Just used the offline road rage method and it worked! :platinum:! Excellent! Definitely easier than relying on 7 random people, learned that after a few hours in various 8 player lobbies. 

Now the only thing I need to do before servers close is some cops and robbers, maybe island challenges too if I could be bothered. 

Good work!! It worked for me too - all I need to do now is complete the bike challenges, then its 100%!!!