What would persuade you to buy the Playstation 4 camera?

Lower7896

I was actually curious and excited to see what kind of new technology, apps, or features might have been possible with the PS Camera but now because most people probably won't buy it, it'll probably be left by the wayside but out of curiosity, what would it take, what kind of new ideas or special features would persuade you to spend the $60 bucks on the Camera?

Nothing would persuade me to buy it, I have never bought any gimmicky accessories for a console. I personally see them as a waste of time & money for me, since they are never required for the games I enjoy. I am glad it got removed from the launch bundle, as it has made the console cheaper as a result.

If it could read QR codes like what the Kenict can, that's a plus.
If developers are using it for an easy trophy as in (take a photo with it), that's a plus.

If they have voice control (Playstation pause movie), that's a plus.

That's the only 3 reasons to own one I can think of, but I'm not getting one day one, maybe later cheap pre owned maybe.

I'll probably get one for the move and also the DS4 light bar sensor benefits. I have 4 move controllers, and there's bound to be something worth playing that has move support on the PS4, and it would be cool to see how the DS4 light bar works. I'm not gonna pick it up day one, though.

I would like to get one. It depends on how well it's supported. 

Virtually all my family is on the opposite side of the country, and I like the thought of Skyping from my living room better than my computer room or using my phone. If that's available that would be a huge incentive for me to get one. 

Cool, so I look at how the developers of Frobisher says and Tearaway have been implementing the camera on the Vita to do cool things in their games so that's why I see it as an opportunity for creativity. I guess the key point is that it has to be a natural thing and not something forced into games (such as move controlled FIFA 13 for example)

Edited by Lower7896

Honestly I don't think anything would. The PS Eye and Kinect cater for a specific type of gamer that I simply am not. I like to hold the controller and direct things from there as opposed to using my voice or hand gestures. Using the camera also limits what positions in the room I can play from, so if I wake up and fancy playing a bit from bed then I can't. I'm also not sure of the visibility of the camera. Does it need a specific amount of space in front of it to operate properly? If it does then most likely I can't use it seeing as I probably don't have sufficient space. Does it need to be at a certain height? If it does then most likely I can't use it because my TV ends at about abdomen height.

In short, it's just not for me.