Underworld Ascendant trophy thoughts

This game got crap reviews and I don't understand why because all the video footage I've seen makes it look awesome. All of the dungeon crawl parts of Skyrim without any of the other filler. This sort of crap is why I don't pay attention to anyone's opinion other than mine.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 7:36 AM, damon8r351 said:

This game got crap reviews and I don't understand why because all the video footage I've seen makes it look awesome. All of the dungeon crawl parts of Skyrim without any of the other filler. This sort of crap is why I don't pay attention to anyone's opinion other than mine.

Did you read the reviews, or are you just blinded by "awesome" video footage? The game is a horrible technical mess and delivered not even half of what it promised, even though it was made by the people behind the original Ultima Underworld.

It looks good, it sounds good on paper, but it still has serious issues, awkward controls, glitches, no consistent atmosphere or any depth to the story and the lore. Pay attention to other people's opinions, you don't have to agree, just... take the effort to understand the problem.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 20.6.2019 at 7:36 AM, damon8r351 said:

So, how awesome is the game? Its on sale right now, although with about 1/3 of the trophies at 0%, its probably either really bad or really broken. or both?

16 minutes ago, gernboes said:

So, how awesome is the game? Its on sale right now, although with about 1/3 of the trophies at 0%, its probably either really bad or really broken. or both?

Was on early access program for this on PC and it’s not that great. Dungeon Crawler with bunch of confusing mechanics, big rooms with few enemies and overall a really broken mess.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty sure I hit it.   Same with the threshold for Walking Arsenal as well.  I feel both of those trophies are unobtainable.

I submitted a bug report to 505 games, they said they would pass the data to the developers, Otherside Entertainment.

I wouldn't hold my breath on it though, the game hasn't had a bug patch since 2019.

From what I have seen online in forums, is that this issue is the same no matter what platform it is played on.

I send screenshots from the trophies/achievements showing no obtainers.

Seems like there may be 3 endings, but from my playthough I got the supposed good ending and that yielded me the Returning Champ Trophy.  It may be glitched but in our favor, or what I did in game got the second of the two main endings.  The third ending, totally a guess here, I believe is, if you let the doomsday counter run out.

Edited by Shinigamee
more information
  • Like 2