Another 150 hours to get the platinum

aimeraya

Not very surprising, I don't believe the lists for Y3 or Y4 were altered in any meaningful way either. Can't fault them for not putting in the effort when these games are just straight up remasters with nothing added.

I finished the 100% on the original game last month, honestly don't mind doing it all over again (EXCEPT VRITUA FIGHTER AND THE COLISEUM WITH AKIYAMA) especially when the game will look a lot less rough than it did on PS3.

• Like 1

Back in the day I clocked in over 300 hours on the PS3 version as was only at about 70% completion before moving onto other games. I really love the Yakuza games but if I need to have a complex guide and get 100% on all the mini games, that's just a bit too much like hard work, just for 1 trophy and the platinum. I really love that the Yakuza games have so much content, but having to 100% absolutely everything (unlikes the other games) just seems like too much hard work.

I'm really happy that the Western version of Fist Of The North Star, one of the trophies was changed from 100% to 50% completion.  As good as these games are I wish they would get rid of the 100% trophies and make them 80% or something.

On another note, I'd love to go back to Yakuza Of The End, yet I feel like that game isn't going to get a PS4 port which is a shame because the frame rate dips on that version could have done with some PS4 goodness. That game feels like an awesome sequel to the mechanics of Parasite Eve 2.

4 minutes ago, Angelo Urkel said:

What's the point of this thread?

What's the point of this comment?

Touche! ;)

• Like 3

I mean, is it really any surprise that the trophy list is not really any different from the PS3? Sure the other 2 games had some differences from their PS3 counterpart, such as RgG 3 having some trophies requirements lowered but the Minigame Master trophy still remained at large while RgG4 only had the History Buff trophy removed and that doesn't even take more than 3 minutes to earn if you skip the cutscenes, but it really didn't change the factor in the difficulty and the time it takes.

Either way, a part of me doesn't mind double platting this game but then I remember how much the comedy team minigame pissed me off and spending hours looking for 1 fish when I just kept getting a higher tier fish.

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Back in the day I clocked in over 300 hours on the PS3 version as was only at about 70% completion before moving onto other games. I really love the Yakuza games but if I need to have a complex guide and get 100% on all the mini games, that's just a bit too much like hard work, just for 1 trophy and the platinum. I really love that the Yakuza games have so much content, but having to 100% absolutely everything (unlikes the other games) just seems like too much hard work.

I'm really happy that the Western version of Fist Of The North Star, one of the trophies was changed from 100% to 50% completion.  As good as these games are I wish they would get rid of the 100% trophies and make them 80% or something.

On another note, I'd love to go back to Yakuza Of The End, yet I feel like that game isn't going to get a PS4 port which is a shame because the frame rate dips on that version could have done with some PS4 goodness. That game feels like an awesome sequel to the mechanics of Parasite Eve 2.

What's the point of this comment?

Touche! ;)

Well, I still dream of having a Ryu Kenzan PS4 port. I bought a PS3 copy years ago but just consider it as a collection.

I wonder for Judgement will western vers. get some reduce of trophy content or whichever reduce.

Edited by aimeraya

Even though I can understand Japanese now I was put off getting Kenzan because it has no trophies. Then again even though Isshin has trophies I still haven't got that one yet.

*sigh* When you become a middle age adult, so many games, so little time...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aimeraya said:

Well, I still dream of having a Ryu Kenzan PS4 port. I bought a PS3 copy years ago but just consider it as a collection.

I wonder for Judgement will western vers. get some reduce of trophy content or whichever reduce.

Given the theme of child prostitution, I think a Western release of Kenzan was dead in the water from the start. If anything, it's a crime that Ishin wasn't localized quickly after it came out; the PS4 was crying out for good exclusives around that time.