In regards to the Online Pass not working...(Solution)

SpikeEffect

As you may know, because of the servers shutting down for Last of Us and Uncharted, players have flocked back to the games multiplayers for one last hoorah (and grind of the multiplayer trophies) before the servers are gone for good.

And also because of the shut down, Naughty Dog released all the DLC for the game for free to all.

But a lot of people (myself included) have been experiencing a problem with online pass that came with the DLC bundle for the Last of Us, and the reason I believe has to do with the region code of the online pass with the region code of the copy of your game if you’re playing on a physical disk.

There is a solution, unfortunately because the option to purchase a online pass has been removed from PlayStation store, you will need to buy a brand new copy of the Last of Us or Uncharted 2 digitally off the PlayStation store (in the U2’s case the Drakes Fortune DLC doesn’t work in some regions, but purchasing the game digitally removes the issue). If the online pass that comes with the bundle doesn’t work for you upon downloading it, you might have to consider buying a new digital copy unfortunately.

I bought a digital copy that comes with a brand new online pass upon installation and have been able to access he multiplayer - unlike when I tried to access the multiplayer on a physical disk, with the online pass from the free DLC bundle.

This is only a issue for people who are playing the game with a physical copy in certain regions or with a preowned copy of the game that had no online pass.

Hopefully this was informative and helpful to people who might be experiencing this issue. And for now, it’s back to the grind for me. Tally Ho hunters!

Edited by SpikeEffect