OMG IT'S HAPPENING (FF8 Remaster)

Since FF9 and 7 came out on PSN with trophy support I've wanted the same thing for FF8.

It is my favorite FF but I never fully completed it (I always miss cards), so I wanted it on PSN to have the incentive to finally get to it. Not only that but is actually a remaster with better models =D.

I was watching the event live for the FF7R stuff but I cannot express how hyped I got the intant I heard Liberi Fatali right after the "what fans have been waiting for so long" or whatever it said.

There's already a thread about FF8 Remastered in the Unreleased Games subforum.

To me, 8 has the 2nd best soundtrack in the series after 9, and I'm glad Square Enix is keeping the original PS1 music. Still disappointed with the inclusion of cheats... sorry, "reinforcements". ?

1 hour ago, Asmund89 said:

Looks like FF8 Remaster is going to have an option to turn on:

God mode

No encounter

3x Speed

As expected, since FF7 & FF9 had the same thing...

I'm super-psyched to hear about this! I think FF8 is my favorite one, but then again that's a difficult thing to decide.

A Legend of Dragoon remake would be badass, but how about Breath of Fire 1&2?!! Anyone remember those sweet titles from SNES?!!!

• Like 2

Great news, but they'll probably ruin the trophy list by allowing the trophies to pop after cheats has been used. Definitely the weakest of the main 3 on PS1 though, but I still love to play it! :) 

Edited by MMDE

Nowhere near my favorite FF (second least favorite after that horrible XV) but I will get it for the trophies and to re-play as parts of it where fun. Looking at the Steam achievements list given by @Dragon-Archon, I am worried about some and hope they don't make it to the Trophy list. I loved the card game, far superior to IX's (about the only thing VIII really got right) but the different rules in different regions always threw me off and I could never win after a certain point. So worried about Professional Player and Collector for sure. Also, the one where it looks like you have to beat the game without leveling up Squall might be a pain or at least not enjoyable / headache to achieve. Some I don't even recognize like Choco Loot, UFO, Obel Lake Secret, and Top Level Boko. After a certain point, all I cared about was beating the game. Lost any care for the game as the story got extremely weird, card game got impossibly difficult, and to me, it had a crappy knock-off idea stealing from the far superior VII with having damn near ALL the characters with amnesia. Back when there were no trophies, all I cared about was beating every Final Fantasy game and never getting a Game Over, so I plowed through and beat it. The latter was squashed when I had to get one for a trophy for VII and the former only has XIII: Lightning Returns on the list. So now, it is just enjoying and get what trophies I can while I wait for the VII Remake and the inevitable Tactics release. 

On 6/19/2019 at 6:11 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Sweet, when steam got a remaster, I was hoping PS would soon follow. For anyone who is interested, here are the steam achievements.

I hope they don't include the "10000 kills" trophy in this version, I really don't feel like farming battles for 40+ hours. But since they kept it in the FF9 remaster, I'm not holding my breath...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I hope they don't include the "10000 kills" trophy in this version, I really don't feel like farming battles for 40+ hours. But since they kept it in the FF9 remaster, I'm not holding my breath...

It will probably be included. The steam achievements and trophies for FFVII and FFIX are also identical.