TechnicalPixel

Patch 1.02 warning

59 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nightowljrm said:

Thank you, so I may be okay, it seems like. Do you know where the Plunderer's Ring is now in 1.02 so I can see if I can get that item in my current save? I know I currently don't have it. That may be a good indicator of if my current save is locked out of the platinum.

You should be able to get a plunderer rings from a wall. I couldn't tell you where but I have multiple rings from wall breaks including the plunderers.

1 hour ago, majob said:

You can make a pirate's hat through alchemy, it's how I got mine.

That's right, that's exactly how I got it! Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Yadilie said:

You should be able to get a plunderer rings from a wall. I couldn't tell you where but I have multiple rings from wall breaks including the plunderers.

A wall on the ship?

ive seen a few posts online, if you have patch 1.02, and you beat twin dragons,, and the chest after is CLOSED, you should be okay the remaining game. 

my chest was closed. so im going to press on

Yeah I'm going to just follow your lead on this Nightowljrm and keep on with the file until I experience a halt in progress.

EDIT: thanks Legacy for the update. Ten hours that won't go to waste now

Edited by majob

44 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

ive seen a few posts online, if you have patch 1.02, and you beat twin dragons,, and the chest after is CLOSED, you should be okay the remaining game. 

39 minutes ago, majob said:

Yeah I'm going to just follow your lead on this Nightowljrm and keep on with the file until I experience a halt in progress.

EDIT: thanks Legacy for the update. Ten hours that won't go to waste now

Sorry to say this guys but there may be other bugs, not just chests. For example, on gamefaqs, there were one or two items drops that were not dropping until 1.02.

Also, nobody has the 100% item trophy and im seeing a lot of posts around that people are getting to 99% or so and then noticing that some drops may not have registered properly.............maybe related to the patch as these same players seems to have saves mixed of both patches.

Progression is one thing, but imagine if you get ALL that way to the final trophy at 99% and a drop has bugged and not registered properly.........

May not be related but its suspicious that nobody has this trophy yet and all those that are close are on mixed patch saves.

Be very careful, I would say restart now. You may be fine, but you are REALLY going to kick yourself if u have to get 100% items again

EDIT:

I will just give you a quick example:

1 poster has said they have the 'Demon Claw' drop visible in there enemy stat screen, but the item slot still shows '???????????' in the archive.

So basically that item seems to have bugged out and they can perhaps no longer 100%! Related to 1.01 or not, who knows, but its a variable that could be removed

Edited by Optinooby

39 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Sorry to say this guys but there may be other bugs, not just chests. For example, on gamefaqs, there were one or two items drops that were not dropping until 1.02.

Also, nobody has the 100% item trophy and im seeing a lot of posts around that people are getting to 99% or so and then noticing that some drops may not have registered properly.............maybe related to the patch as these same players seems to have saves mixed of both patches.

Progression is one thing, but imagine if you get ALL that way to the final trophy at 99% and a drop has bugged and not registered properly.........

May not be related but its suspicious that nobody has this trophy yet and all those that are close are on mixed patch saves.

Be very careful, I would say restart now. You may be fine, but you are REALLY going to kick yourself if u have to get 100% items again

EDIT:

I will just give you a quick example:

1 poster has said they have the 'Demon Claw' drop visible in there enemy stat screen, but the item slot still shows '???????????' in the archive.

So basically that item seems to have bugged out and they can perhaps no longer 100%! Related to 1.01 or not, who knows, but its a variable that could be removed

Oof. That would definitely suck.

Maybe I'll press on just to beat the game on this save and go for the plat on NG+?

2 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

That's right, that's exactly how I got it! Thanks!

A wall on the ship?

I don't think on the ship but somewhere else in the castle. Have 2 of them and I know I got one from a cracked wall.

3 minutes ago, Yadilie said:

I don't think on the ship but somewhere else in the castle. Have 2 of them and I know I got one from a cracked wall.

Alrighty, thanks. 

I think I'm just going to press on. As Optinooby said, it is concerning no one has 100% of the items yet. Such a devastating bug being introduced in the patch really hurts my confidence that the 100% trophy isn't bugged (or perhaps continuing with 1.02 with a save that originated from 1.01 locks you out of it somehow). 

I'm thinking I'll continue, but part of me does want to go ahead and start over. IDK. It's a shame this happened, because the game is magnificent in every other way.

19 minutes ago, Nightowljrm said:

Oof. That would definitely suck.

Maybe I'll press on just to beat the game on this save and go for the plat on NG+?

6 minutes ago, Nightowljrm said:

Alrighty, thanks. 

I think I'm just going to press on. As Optinooby said, it is concerning no one has 100% of the items yet. Such a devastating bug being introduced in the patch really hurts my confidence that the 100% trophy isn't bugged (or perhaps continuing with 1.02 with a save that originated from 1.01 locks you out of it somehow). 

I'm thinking I'll continue, but part of me does want to go ahead and start over. IDK. It's a shame this happened, because the game is magnificent in every other way.

Btw, NG+ isnt a confirmed fix, more an assumption. Thing with NG+ is some of your inventory carries so some bugs coded into your inventory may remain.

Devs have said they tried many fixes for the possible bugs and the only sure fix they were sure off was to create a new file!

4 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Btw, NG+ isnt a confirmed fix, more an assumption. Thing with NG+ is some of your inventory carries so some bugs coded into your inventory may remain.

Devs have said they tried many fixes for the possible bugs and the only sure fix they were sure off was to create a new file!

That's a fair point. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking about starting over. I'm really curious to see if my game is glitched (I really don't know why - I'm just nosey, I guess), but I'd hate to get to a point where the platinum is just grinding just to start all over.

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

It honestly could just be it's own seperate issue. I was able to get all 4 keys (last 2 I needed were in the last 2 areas unopened thank god). I might just save 100% items for later to see if there is an actual issue with it.

2 minutes ago, Yadilie said:

It honestly could just be it's own seperate issue. I was able to get all 4 keys (last 2 I needed were in the last 2 areas unopened thank god). I might just save 100% items for later to see if there is an actual issue with it.

Perhaps......perhaps not, your call!

23 minutes ago, Nightowljrm said:

Alrighty, thanks. 

well im not going for plat, dont have the time. however i am trying to 100% the map. i am curious about one trophy though,

Deja Vu

bounce a certain chair repeatedly. 

there is some chairs you sit on that bounce but they always bounce me to a death lol

is it a specific thing?

also amongst progressing more today, all my items are registered so far. all my chests are all locked till i open them upon finding them. Also all my shards are dropping and registered. 

EDIT: imagine the devs made the glitch up cause people are breezing through the game so theyre like how can we get them to play again? tell them we couldn't fix a game breaking bug lol.

Edited by LegacyJKO09

Just now, LegacyJKO09 said:

well im not going for plat, dont have the time. however i am trying to 100% the map. i am curious about one trophy though,

Deja Vu

bounce a certain chair repeatedly. 

there is some chairs you sit on that bounce but they always bounce me to a death lol

is it a specific thing?

also amongst progressing more today, all my items are registered so far. all my chests are all locked till i open them upon finding them. Also all my shards are dropping and registered. 

You gotta do something to OD. It's a call back to SotN and the Libarian you could juggle. They made it clearer now as you can see him in the room underneath where the tunnel is.

6 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Perhaps......perhaps not, your call!

I mean seeing as how I'm at 96.30% Map completion and at the final boss I'm kind of past the point of no return. Still have to do another playthrough anyway for the Usurper Trophy.

18 minutes ago, Yadilie said:

You gotta do something to OD. It's a call back to SotN and the Libarian you could juggle. They made it clearer now as you can see him in the room underneath where the tunnel is.

I mean seeing as how I'm at 96.30% Map completion and at the final boss I'm kind of past the point of no return. Still have to do another playthrough anyway for the Usurper Trophy.

I'm assuming Usurper is for the bad ending?

Do you plan on getting the plat? I guess keep us updated if you end up with items not registering as found or if you discover you're locked outta something.

I give up then, I'll just start over because it looks like it'll save some grief in the long run. Has anyone confirmed there's a NG+ yet?

1 hour ago, Yadilie said:

ah crap. i talked to OD for the pass. didnt really explore around his area thoroughly. will backtrack again 

EDIT: i think i need another skill. i remember SOTN well. so. should be able to figure it out if its what im thinking

Edited by LegacyJKO09

37 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

ah crap. i talked to OD for the pass. didnt really explore around his area thoroughly. will backtrack again 

EDIT: i think i need another skill. i remember SOTN well. so. should be able to figure it out if its what im thinking

You can use two different skills. One you get naturally and another you have to craft. I'll let you find em out.

2 hours ago, majob said:

I give up then, I'll just start over because it looks like it'll save some grief in the long run. Has anyone confirmed there's a NG+ yet?

There is NG+. I had to refer to NG+ for the platinum because of all the bugs between patches

2 hours ago, majob said:

L2 on your save after you've beaten it.

19 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

Yeah, I feel you there. My morbid curiosity is getting the better of me. I wanna see if it's possible to be exempt.

Also, I had a thought. If an enemy can drop the pirate's hat, maybe that's where my first one came from. If it originally came from the chest on the ground, whatever ID that chest's ID swapped with is likely opened now without me seeing it. 

When I can play I'll check to see if anything I've killed in that area can drop them.

I started the game after the patch.  At that location I found a Pirate's Hat.  I did get a Plunderer's Ring, though.  I think I found it in the desert area.

3 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

I started the game after the patch.  At that location I found a Pirate's Hat.  I did get a Plunderer's Ring, though.  I think I found it in the desert area.

Okay. I didn't get to play yesterday and I'm not at the desert area yet, so I'll see if I end up getting it there. I plan on doing nothing but playing Bloodstained and Black Ops 4 this weekend, so I'll get there. 

I haven't read the thread so sorry if this has been answered. But can someone tell me if I should restart my game, please? I'm 35% through the game, I just beat the twin dragons, and now I'm kinda roaming around trying to figure out where to go next. I think I'm stuck so maybe I started it before the 1.02 patch and am missing something important. IDK or I just haven't figured out where to go/what to do next, but I think I'm stuck. 

2 hours ago, teedublu said:

I haven't read the thread so sorry if this has been answered. But can someone tell me if I should restart my game, please? I'm 35% through the game, I just beat the twin dragons, and now I'm kinda roaming around trying to figure out where to go next. I think I'm stuck so maybe I started it before the 1.02 patch and am missing something important. IDK or I just haven't figured out where to go/what to do next, but I think I'm stuck. 

When did you start playing the game date wise? Did you get the silver bromide from the gold chest at the bottom of the tower after the fight with them? If so go talk to Dominque for your picture to then talk to OD for your passport to then get through the gate that's below the entrance to the Tower of the Twin Dragons.

Also have you seen chests in new areas that were open already? The green ones.

Edited by Yadilie

On 20/6/2019 at 1:25 PM, LegacyJKO09 said:

One question please. I started the game before the update and got to 45%, but then I updated the game. I read all the problems with the chests and was wondering if I could still get the platinum in this run. :(....  Or should i just finish it quickly and get to NG+. I was farming shards and items so I was way over 20+ hours.

Edited by angelbless45