Patch 1.02 warning

5 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

One question please. I started the game before the update and got to 45%, but then I updated the game. I read all the problems with the chests and was wondering if I could still get the platinum in this run. :(....  Or should i just finish it quickly and get to NG+. I was farming shards and items so I was way over 20+ hours.

you should be fine as long as:

A) you got silver bromide from a gold chest after beating The Twin Dragon

B: you haven't encountered an open chest when you originally found it.

HOWEVER. if you did all the grinding already, it may make more sense to get as much done for platinum in the 1st playthrough. and THEN go to NG+ for clean up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

you should be fine as long as:

A) you got silver bromide from a gold chest after beating The Twin Dragon

B: you haven't encountered an open chest when you originally found it.

HOWEVER. if you did all the grinding already, it may make more sense to get as much done for platinum in the 1st playthrough. and THEN go to NG+ for clean up.

Thanks for the reply!!. Yes. I got the Silver Bromide before the patch.

Im not sure what you mean in "B" though :(

..and btw i updated to.1.03 thinking it was going to fix everything.. :(

4 hours ago, majob said:

New patch is out and apparently it's broken a few more things again and it looks like a few more things were nerfed. Welcome Company is no longer as OP as it previously was

Was Welcome Company good?

Edited by angelbless45

2 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

Welcome Company was good. 

tho now at 91% trophies. a ton of items to still make im shelving the game. i hate games where you literally have to grind hours for every item and you'll never use them. maybe ill go back one day but other games await.

as for what i meant, if you were say exploring cathedral for the first time. you find a treasure chest in an unexplored area. but it is already opened. before you got to open it. then the game is bugged.

3 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

Welcome Company was a nice shield and could do very nice damage in a short span of time and it has a cheap MP cost. Now the pictures are more fragile and break more easily so you have to cast the spell more often and they reduced the amount of hits the pictures could do. It's still a good spell, just not as powerful.

Interestingly enough, I've found enough keys and other miscellaneous items to say I somehow wasn't affected by the bug. I started on 1.01, went to 1.02, and now 1.03 and I'm at the very end. I've been able to find the plunderer's ring in all the right places, I've found the craftsman's key and the millionaire's key, in addition to the silver bromide, and I'm about to beat the game. (I really wanted to finish it sooner, but life kept getting in the way). 

Looks like the path to the platinum should still be clear for me. Hoping to get it this weekend. 

I platted the game just before the 1.03 patch was downloaded.  In fact as I was closing the game after platting, the download of the newest patch was initiated.  Aside from the tweaking of Welcome Company being rendered less affected, what other changes were introduced?

On 6/30/2019 at 8:55 AM, LordBilbanes said:

I platted the game just before the 1.03 patch was downloaded.  In fact as I was closing the game after platting, the download of the newest patch was initiated.  Aside from the tweaking of Welcome Company being rendered less affected, what other changes were introduced?

It looks like the luck given by some equipment was reduced. Valkyrie Dress gives less luck now