Games you'd hate to see get more DLC Trophies

Sergen

I haven't seen this topic discussed elsewhere so I'll ask... Of the games you have finished the trophies for, which games would you hate to see get more DLC trophies added to them?

For me it would be:

• Magicka 2: because it's the one game that I feel I would be the most rusty on if I were to replay it now, it is full of random button combinations you press to deal with the mechanics of the game, such as placing a fire shield on your character to avoid taking damage from fire and so on... It'd take me some time to get used to Magicka 2 again and overall I did not enjoy the over-complicated nature of the gameplay.

• Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4): because I never saw the appeal with Diablo, what I saw was people grinding overpowered gear to use it to then grind for even more overpowered gear, the grind never ends because people always feel like they can improve their build, that kind of gameplay appeals to some but definitely not me, so I'd hate to have to return to it.

• Grand Theft Auto V: because the online is extremely expensive to do anything in due to the emphasis Rockstar puts on buying shark cards, it's also been a game I have owned for nearly 6 years now and I have played it enough to be satisfied with the time I had.
Edited by Sergen

This reminds me of something I posted just last night. I quote:

"If Sony at this very second instituted a policy requiring all DLC released from here on out to have trophies without exception, how long do you think you could whine on the internet before I got annoyed with your existence?"

It's okay. It's really as the wise men say: Mockery is the sincerest form of flattery.

• Like 1

Red dead redemption 2 simply because I already spent over 350+ hours on the game and majority of that time was just senseless grinding or sleep inducing side activities. Its bound to happen and I would never complain about free content or updates but please keep the grind to a minimum rockstar. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NaseemJohn said:

Red dead redemption 2 simply because I already spent over 350+ hours on the game and majority of that time was just senseless grinding or sleep inducing side activities. Its bound to happen and I would never complain about free content or updates but please keep the grind to a minimum rockstar. 

With Rockstar I can say that their DLC is more or less "freemium" content, it gives you the illusion that it is a free update, but the in-game money price to get started with that content is basically forcing you to spend real money to progress. I can imagine that all the future updates for the game will be online and that's where new trophies will be added, which will be annoying but as long as it isn't anything like GTA V's Doomsday Heist I can probably handle it. I do welcome the game getting new DLC that is single player, since the first game's DLC was incredibly enjoyable and critically acclaimed.

• Like 1

I can understand anyone saying GTAV, however after doing DLC3 doomsday heist, you get given about $8,000,000 so I wouldn’t mind too much if that game got given more to do.

I really don’t want to see any DLC trophies on Rainbow Six Siege, especially now as they’ve given that game an overhaul 

I haven’t finished it, but overwatch. Blizzard always adds trophies that are a massive pain in the ass, and end up needing to be boosted, Doomfist, Oresa, Baptiste, are the main ones. I’d like to see more characters with trophies like Hammond, which took me about 30 minutes. I know they’ve said they’re going to continue adding characters, but I hope they stop giving them trophies, or make them a lot less bullshit.

Edited by KyLo491
  • Like 1

There is a clear choice for me, and I know there is no chance in hell that no further trophies will be added, but one can only hope: Red Dead Redemption 2.

As mentioned above, new trophies for this game will most likely be for the online part of the game, which is a really, REALLY dull and dreadfull experience. However, if new trophies require to do more missions etc, then I woudln't mind so much. Throw in a trophy to grind another 50 online ranks and I throw my PS4 out of the window. ?

• Like 2

GTA 5, especially if it's another heist-type DLC. Getting Criminal Mastermind was the most stressful thing I've ever had to do in a game. Doing it just once might've been fine, but you have to do it three times, with varying amounts of people.

Also, maybe at this point, FFXIV. I only barely dipped into Heavensward and it's been several years since I played, so there'd be a lot of catching up to do for any new trophies.

• Like 1

All games. I sell or trade in a game once I've finished with it rather than have it just collect dust once I move to the next. I'm not buying a game again just because a Dev wants to release it's game piecemeal. If I feel like if like to play DLC (generally in story based games) I'll wait for the complete edition to be released.

On 6/20/2019 at 3:42 PM, Reinachii- said:

Minecraft

How dare you mention this!

I was hoping not too see Minecraft or Rocket League in this topic.

As for my response, I choose any game with minimal demand that’s been out for a while, offered to PlayStation Plus members at some point then within a month to a year and a half after that add DLC trophies because of some DLC. Fuck the Amnesia Collection and Absolver: Downfall to the moon!

Dead By Daylight doesn’t count because it’s been 10 months since it was offered as a PS Plus game yet it’s among the top 10 PS4 games with the highest amount of players streaming numbers as I’m typing. The game had a shit load of DLC trophies before it was given out anyway.

I would say the same about Borderlands 2 except it’s actually a great game (currently playing through it now to be honest) and Borderlands 3 is just around the corner so do excuse Commander Lilith And The Fight For Sanctuary, why don’t you all?

Edited by Skeptical69

1 minute ago, NekoRave said:

What if the developer releases the dlc but adds a new dlc list of a dlc that won't exist.

It wouldn't surprise me. D6 is the primary reason I no longer get games at launch, and the way the BZB expansion was handled is why I didn't purchase AZMD.

Titan Quest

Platinumed this game with my girlfriend over PSN. We've both never played such a broken game like this before!
All I can say is this:

• First the game was patched broken, then you had to wait half a year until it was brought back to a state with a patch that made sure that you don't get out of the game in multiplayer over PSN directly after a period of 1 to 30 minutes with a CE-34878-0 error.
  • In Singleplayer, you're also thrown out of the game at very different times, sometimes when saving automatically, sometimes when using actions, sometimes when running, sometimes just because reason. Same is also true for Multiplayer.
  • The best is still this only effective manual hotfix: 1) Use only one character. 2) NEVER use the caravan store.

Both of us really don't want to play the 2 DLCs which are available for the PC only to reach a 100% Platinum again >> All because of these weaknesses

• Like 2