Games you'd hate to see get more DLC Trophies

Sergen

3 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Monster Hunter World Iceborne - No DLC trophies needed because I'm sure there are millions of MH fans out there that couldn't care less. Cap com will get their money regardless.

i'm actually really hope they will add trophies for this one. It's not a DLC it's an big expansion. This should have DLC's

Edited by Greidis

I love free (Paid, if it's big enough) content updates that add more story. If Rockstar actually did what they said and added more story DLC to Grand Theft Auto 5, I'd be happy with that. Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a good example.

I hate -paid for- crap game "mode" DLC no one asked for that doesn't match/mesh with the rest of the game. Comes with trophies...so you gotta drag your thumbs through it.

For example

Doom: would have loved more single player content, but we got multiplayer mode DLC instead. Fallout 4: would have loved more Far Harbor, but got workshop crap instead. Far Cry 5... DLCs should have been released as another title, for their ideas, sort of like a short adventure compilation.

On 20/6/2019 at 6:53 AM, Sergen said:

With Rockstar I can say that their DLC is more or less "freemium" content, it gives you the illusion that it is a free update, but the in-game money price to get started with that content is basically forcing you to spend real money to progress. I can imagine that all the future updates for the game will be online and that's where new trophies will be added, which will be annoying but as long as it isn't anything like GTA V's Doomsday Heist I can probably handle it. I do welcome the game getting new DLC that is single player, since the first game's DLC was incredibly enjoyable and critically acclaimed.

What's the deal with Doomsday Heist?

5 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

What's the deal with Doomsday Heist?

For the "Masterminds" trophy you need to complete the heist as 2, 3 and 4 players in separate runs with the requirement being for nobody in your team to be killed for the entire 8-12 hour heist. However if you recognize your death quick enough you can quit to the XMB before the game will register it, but it still doesn't get rid of the fact that you need to endure that heist 3 times under strict conditions and when you quit the heist it takes forever to load back in. The other annoying trophy is "Elitist" which requires you to complete the Elite challenge tied to each finale of the heist, these have a time based requirement as well as other miscellaneous tasks, for the time requirement you need to buy a facility that is close to the objective of the heist to cut down time, facilities are your headquarters that allow you to begin the heist and they cost millions of in-game currency to purchase. There's a lot more to say and if you have any further questions feel free to ask, but I do feel it is the worst trophy set Rockstar has put out from all of their games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

For the "Masterminds" trophy you need to complete the heist as 2, 3 and 4 players in separate runs with the requirement being for nobody in your team to be killed for the entire 8-12 hour heist. However if you recognize your death quick enough you can quit to the XMB before the game will register it, but it still doesn't get rid of the fact that you need to endure that heist 3 times under strict conditions and when you quit the heist it takes forever to load back in. The other annoying trophy is "Elitist" which requires you to complete the Elite challenge tied to each finale of the heist, these have a time based requirement as well as other miscellaneous tasks, for the time requirement you need to buy a facility that is close to the objective of the heist to cut down time, facilities are your headquarters that allow you to begin the heist and they cost millions of in-game currency to purchase. There's a lot more to say and if you have any further questions feel free to ask, but I do feel it is the worst trophy set Rockstar has put out from all of their games.

12 hours per heist?? It has different endings? So I would even have to grind for money before getting the facility... Not counting that bonus grind, rockstar really likes to put grindy trophies on their games, specially the online modes. It's getting annoying. Thank goodness I could transfer my online progress form the ps3 so all I have to do is this dlc, the editor and single player... 

12 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

12 hours per heist?? It has different endings? So I would even have to grind for money before getting the facility... Not counting that bonus grind, rockstar really likes to put grindy trophies on their games, specially the online modes. It's getting annoying. Thank goodness I could transfer my online progress form the ps3 so all I have to do is this dlc, the editor and single player... 

It takes a varying amount of time to complete the heist. It takes longer to do the runs as 2 players compared to 4 players because they haven't balanced the content for 2 players, so when you do a setup you need to do the amount of work required for 4 people and the amount of enemies are still made for that many. The other issue I forgot to mention is that there are prep missions for the heist, they require you to do things in public free roam to progress through the heist and when you are participating in a prep it is marked to everyone who is in public free roam, meaning that randoms can come and sabotage your attempt at the heist, but for the Mastermind requirement dying in a prep doesn't count against the stat for the trophy. It is 3 runs minimum of that same heist that you are required to do, which in the end gets incredibly boring and I'd have personally preferred it to have stayed like the first heist pack where it simply required a full run of the heist one time and some misc clean-up.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It takes a varying amount of time to complete the heist. It takes longer to do the runs as 2 players compared to 4 players because they haven't balanced the content for 2 players, so when you do a setup you need to do the amount of work required for 4 people and the amount of enemies are still made for that many. The other issue I forgot to mention is that there are prep missions for the heist, they require you to do things in public free roam to progress through the heist and when you are participating in a prep it is marked to everyone who is in public free roam, meaning that randoms can come and sabotage your attempt at the heist, but for the Mastermind requirement dying in a prep doesn't count against the stat for the trophy. It is 3 runs minimum of that same heist that you are required to do, which in the end gets incredibly boring and I'd have personally preferred it to have stayed like the first heist pack where it simply required a full run of the heist one time and some misc clean-up.

That's pretty bad, at least we got the kuruma I guess.I've been reading the guide here and now I understand more what you meant on the previous message, the finales and all that. Oh so like when you do a free roam mission on rdr2, but can't you play on invitation mode (I played there on ps3, basically only those who you invite can join so you could play online solo) and do the prep? Well thankfully it doesn't affect the mastermind trophy. It would have been better that way yeah. 

Does it have to be in one sitting? Or can I do some preps with 2 people without dying, then play another with 3 people no deaths and it will count to both challenges?

11 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

That's pretty bad, at least we got the kuruma I guess.I've been reading the guide here and now I understand more what you meant on the previous message, the finales and all that. Oh so like when you do a free roam mission on rdr2, but can't you play on invitation mode (I played there on ps3, basically only those who you invite can join so you could play online solo) and do the prep? Well thankfully it doesn't affect the mastermind trophy. It would have been better that way yeah. 

Does it have to be in one sitting? Or can I do some preps with 2 people without dying, then play another with 3 people no deaths and it will count to both challenges?

Once you start the run of the heist it has to be with the same group, so once you've committed to the 2 player run you need to stay with that 1 partner until you get the Mastermind requirement done. Preps specifically require you to do them in public free roam online, so unfortunately private won't work for them, but private works for getting your group back together for another attempt at the setup you just failed. It doesn't all have to be in one sitting as the game will save your progress so you can do a setup then come back the next day to do the other one and so on, only a death in a setup or finale that you didn't XMB quit for in time will count against your run for the trophy.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Once you start the run of the heist it has to be with the same group, so once you've committed to the 2 player run you need to stay with that 1 partner until you get the Mastermind requirement done. Preps specifically require you to do them in public free roam online, so unfortunately private won't work for them, but private works for getting your group back together for another attempt at the setup you just failed. It doesn't all have to be in one sitting as the game will save your progress so you can do a setup then come back the next day to do the other one and so on, only a death in a setup or finale that you didn't XMB quit for in time will count against your run for the trophy.

46 minutes ago, Sergen said:

When you say quit to xmb, do you mean pressing the PS button AND closing the app? Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

When you say quit to xmb, do you mean pressing the PS button AND closing the app? Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Yes, that's what I mean and you have to do it very quickly in order for the death to not count.

• Like 1