voodoo_eyes

Kill Your Completion X

363 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

 

Nope, never played any of the Burnout games before trying out this one.

 

Oh, yeah, it seemed so. Those who play Burnout Paradise without talking about the previous ones are those who didn't in general. The game is not bad, but with the open world implemented on Paradise, most fans consider (myself as well), that it lost some "arcadish" spirit of the series, with proper tracks, the famous crash mode (a mode where you have to cause traffic chaos), the different kind of takedowns you could do, the snapshots... I would recommend if you ever have to chance to try at least Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge, they are in the general (and mine as well) the best Burnout games so far. If you don't want to, don't need to finish the game, but at least try to feel the original things of the game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

 

Oh, yeah, it seemed so. Those who play Burnout Paradise without talking about the previous ones are those who didn't in general. The game is not bad, but with the open world implemented on Paradise, most fans consider (myself as well), that it lost some "arcadish" spirit of the series, with proper tracks, the famous crash mode (a mode where you have to cause traffic chaos), the different kind of takedowns you could do, the snapshots... I would recommend if you ever have to chance to try at least Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge, they are in the general (and mine as well) the best Burnout games so far. If you don't want to, don't need to finish the game, but at least try to feel the original things of the game. 

 

I don't own any of the systems they were released on, so It's highly unlikely that I'll ever try any of the other Burnout games unless they remake or remaster them. I enjoyed Burnout Paradise enough to keep coming back to it, although it's not a game I can play for several hours at a time without getting bored.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

 

Oh, yeah, it seemed so. Those who play Burnout Paradise without talking about the previous ones are those who didn't in general. The game is not bad, but with the open world implemented on Paradise, most fans consider (myself as well), that it lost some "arcadish" spirit of the series, with proper tracks, the famous crash mode (a mode where you have to cause traffic chaos), the different kind of takedowns you could do, the snapshots... I would recommend if you ever have to chance to try at least Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge, they are in the general (and mine as well) the best Burnout games so far. If you don't want to, don't need to finish the game, but at least try to feel the original things of the game. 

 

Any chance the Burnout games play similar to the old Driver games on PS1 and PS2? I highly enjoyed those games back in the day. 

Edited by PerryToxteth
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

 

Any chance the Burnout games play similar to the old Driver games on PS1 and PS2? I highly enjoyed those games back in the day. 

 

Driver!!! :D Well, Burnout is more fast-paced and is a game that focuses on racing. Driver on the other hand is more mission-oriented with an open map. Plus, on most Burnout games, there are no cops (the focus of the game is to try to not crash and crash other racers). I would recommend for you to check out a couple of videos about the series to see what it is about exactly. ;) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

KYCX

Game No. 4

 

L0fa98d.png

 

 

  It seems Ultimate Team is the Mode which most gamers prefer, as there's a good chunk of trophies associated with that.  I've always been a realist in sports games, so I never stack my teams into an All-Star squad; nor do I make a Superstar Perry with 99 attributes in everything. It seems that Ultimate Team is similar to trading cards of my childhood, where you get random players from different teams in a pack, and use them to assemble your own roster. The more games you play, the better your roster gets. This is EA of course, so the aroma of micro transactions is stinking up the room. 1f911.png

  I played one game in Ultimate Team World Cup, and miraculously ended up with Messi on my squad.  I walloped Panama 6-0 and thought it would be fun to get the trophies in that mode, but alas, it doesn't look like they are unlockable in WC play.

 

 

You found the mode that makes EA 800 million a year, :P . Funny how you made the tradig card remark, as that's what EA used to justify their stance of the whole pack ordeal not being a form of gambling. Didn't hold up in court though, nor with the parents that suddenly hit their credit limit wihtout knowing why.

 

Interesting to see someone approach these games , that usually isn't interested in them. FIFA is the serious, fully licensed football sim, while PES is more the budget arcade version, that literally exists as arcade cabinets.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

L45a3ba.png

 

Time played: 35 hours

Trophies earned: 18/32

 

I'll keep it short. The story sucks ass with a straw. The rest of the game is a step up from XIII. I'm currently collecting the remaining 100 fragments... and it's nothing but a bore!
Oh, and if I'll ever have to listen to this shitload of fuck again, I'll probably just blow up Square Enix' headquarters:

 

 

Even though the sountrack is once again fantastic, this track is so fucking horrendous, my English vocabulary in insufficient to express my dismay!

 

Quote

Gas 'em up with the greens and let him go
Stand back, stand clear as he puts on a show
So cute yet fierce, is he from hell?
I cannot tell, yet I don’t even want to know
So you wanna be a trailblazer?
Kickin' dirt like a hell raiser?
Take the reins, but don't react slow
It's time to feel the force of the chocobo

 

Mood:

Spoiler

amazing-middle-fingere6kp2.jpg

 

Edited by El Duderino
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, Crazy Chocobo is one of my favorite tracks in FFXIII-2. It's so ridiculous.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arctic Cress said:

Man, Crazy Chocobo is one of my favorite tracks in FFXIII-2. It's so ridiculous.

It's ridiculously terrible. Come one, "So cute yet fierce, is he from hell?". The fuck is that? 😨 They must've been on crack while they wrote this.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@El Duderino At least the plat isn't so bad this time around. Do you plan to play the third installment?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

@El Duderino At least the plat isn't so bad this time around. Do you plan to play the third installment?

I have the game, but I'm unsure if it will be next. The story and the characters are so boring.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After much thought and consideration, I've decided to quit both this event and my current PSN account. I'll return to the very first one I've created back in June 2008. I should've done this a long time ago.

 

@voodoo_eyes

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 4:03 PM, El Duderino said:

Oh, and if I'll ever have to listen to this shitload of fuck again, I'll probably just blow up Square Enix' headquarters:

 

 

 

Square-Enix CEO: "Nice going, you dimwit! Thanks to you, we lost our HQ to a terrorist attack!"

 

Composer of above song: "Hey, death metal was supposed to be COOOL! I didn't realize that your Chocobo song doesn't mesh with it!"

 

Square-Enix CEO: "You're fired and if we ever hear your compositions with anyone else, we'll have them blacklist you."

 

Composer: *turns into the Dark Lord of Miitopia* "BWAHAHA! THEN I'LL JUST STEAL YOUR FACES!!!!" (STEALS EVERYONES FACE AND PUTS THEM ONTO CHOCOBOS) "MWAHAHAHA! FEEL THE DESPAIR!!!"

 

Sorry, had to make that skit. Seriously, what the f'k was that? xD

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Game #6: Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception

 

This has been a pretty disappointing title so far, to be honest. It looks good but frankly not much else has drawn my attention even if work and RL have kept me busy the last few days. Most gaming has been prior to going to sleep and this game really doesn't have much to keep me awake.

 

Sounds like I made the right choice in skipping the first game and only playing the second one. While the VN aspect holds true in the 2nd one as well, I loved the combat though and wished they had only made a game about that. I'm not sure, if there are any major differences in that regard between the two games.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

 

Sounds like I made the right choice in skipping the first game and only playing the second one. While the VN aspect holds true in the 2nd one as well, I loved the combat though and wished they had only made a game about that. I-m not sure, if there are any major differences in that regard between the two games.

 

I've read good things about these two games (and a third is coming) but so far I just don't see it. Maybe it gets better. We'll see eventually but if the story stays this bland, I might turn into a skipper to get it over with.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevvik said:

 

I've read good things about these two games (and a third is coming) but so far I just don't see it. Maybe it gets better. We'll see eventually but if the story stays this bland, I might turn into a skipper to get it over with.

 

The third one coming out next year is actually a remake of the first game in the series (before either Mask of Deception or Mask of Truth), so I've been waiting for that one to come out before I start any of the games.

 

Also, similar to you I've heard many good things about the series as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.