Kill Your Completion X

Update 016

"I Hear Ominous Singing"

L1795ae.png

Valkyria Revolution

Playtime: 33 hours

Trophies Earned: 15/28 29%

I was going a random mission to level up my party when I started hearing singing (It wasn't actually Country Roads; it would have been a lot creeper and lore breaking if Country Roads started playing). I noticed it was the start of night so I assumed the singing was the harbinger for the Reaper. I was right. Aside from the cutscene of their appearance, I never actually saw the Reaper; I was assaulted by their magic but was unable to locate the source. I was planning on having a epic battle but my objective was right in front of me.

Aside from that experience, my time has been spent enjoying the story and leveling. The game has gotten a little harder and bosses are taking a while to defeat. The last fight took 40 minutes but I was having a lot of fun.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SixyLove said:

Update 016

"I Hear Ominous Singing"

L1795ae.png

Valkyria Revolution

Playtime: 33 hours

Trophies Earned: 15/28 29%

I was going a random mission to level up my party when I started hearing singing (It wasn't actually Country Roads; it would have been a lot creeper and lore breaking if Country Roads started playing). I noticed it was the start of night so I assumed the singing was the harbinger for the Reaper. I was right. Aside from the cutscene of their appearance, I never actually saw the Reaper; I was assaulted by their magic but was unable to locate the source. I was planning on having a epic battle but my objective was right in front of me.

Aside from that experience, my time has been spent enjoying the story and leveling. The game has gotten a little harder and bosses are taking a while to defeat. The last fight took 40 minutes but I was having a lot of fun.

I think that boss battle you refer to, is the one that started testing my patience with the game. All boss battles are kind of exessively long imo, to the point where I wonder if that was intended or a massive oversight in blaancing the game. There has only been one single game I played *including MMOs) that also had a boss fight that took 40 minutes, which was the adamanoitse in FF XV. The next major boss is the one that made me stop playing the game. My enjoyment was already dwindling at the time, and that fight was the last straw for me.

I saw, that you played the Valkyria Chronicles games as well. Do you remember, if those games also had that odd looking grid layer throughout the whole game?

• Like 1

@voodoo_eyes I don't think any of the Valkyria Chronicles games have that annoying grid layer over the entire game. I tested Valkyria Chronicles (both PS3 & PS4) this morning and saw no sign of the grid. I don't remember Valkyria Chronicles 2 (I haven't played 3 but I'm sure 3 is safe because it uses a lot of 2's assets) and Valkyria Chronicles 4 having that grid either; I didn't test them today because I don't have the space on my PS4/Vita to install them right now.

My Valkyria Revolution review will be a little late. I won't have access to a computer until Tuesday at the least; I use my PS4 for PSNP activities but using a actually computer for this makes writing my reviews less of a nightmare and I save a few hours of writing. 

22 minutes ago, SixyLove said:

@voodoo_eyes I don't think any of the Valkyria Chronicles games have that annoying grid layer over the entire game. I tested Valkyria Chronicles (both PS3 & PS4) this morning and saw no sign of the grid. I don't remember Valkyria Chronicles 2 (I haven't played 3 but I'm sure 3 is safe because it uses a lot of 2's assets) and Valkyria Chronicles 4 having that grid either; I didn't test them today because I don't have the space on my PS4/Vita to install them right now.

My Valkyria Revolution review will be a little late. I won't have access to a computer until Tuesday at the least; I use my PS4 for PSNP activities but using a actually computer for this makes writing my reviews less of a nightmare and I save a few hours of writing. 

Thanks for letting me know. I've been considering passing on the Chronicles games, if they had that layer as well, as it bothered me quite a bit during the Valkyria Revolution.

• Like 1

Game #8 - Dishonored 2 - Preview

L6170fc.png

A few KYCs ago, I played Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, which became one of my favourite games. As such, I now have high hopes for Dishonored 2 as well. It's a stealth game, that gives you a range of abilities that make it possible to go through the whole game without ever having to get into conflict. Which is probably what my first playthrough atrempt is going to be, a non-lethal ghost run. That'll involve a lot of save scumming xD .

Anyway, looking forward to this one.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

KYCX

Game No. 5

Alekhine's Gun

Ldcc431.png

Unless someone else has played this, and can say "Oh Perry, that was the first level. It gets SO much better after that," this game is getting deleted from my profile and will never be addressed again. 

Grade: 1f4a9.png

I've played and platted this :P . It doesn't get better and some of the trophies are buggy as well. Personally I found it to be okay still, and if it had been released around the time the first Hitman games came out, it would've been better received despite it's issues. It was just a good 15(?) years too late. Oddly enough this game is apparently a sequel to Death to Spies, which I never heard of until this game got released.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I've played and platted this :P . It doesn't get better and some of the trophies are buggy as well. Personally I found it to be okay still, and if it had been released around the time the first Hitman games came out, it would've been better received despite it's issues. It was just a good 15(?) years too late. Oddly enough this game is apparently a sequel to Death to Spies, which I never heard of until this game got released.

How did I guess that you'd be the guy to plat it? :P

Congrats on forcing through a plat run.  Must've been rough.  

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

How did I guess that you'd be the guy to plat it? :P

Congrats on forcing through a plat run.  Must've been rough.  

It wasn't too bad really, I've sat through far worse games, and at least the bugs in this one add some entertainment value xD .

1 hour ago, Arctic Cress said:

Time to start another game, anyway. It'll be Ar nosurge on the PS3 so I can finish up the required three hours on those two games I have left on that system by either Friday or Saturday.

Ar Nosurge was a hidden gem for me. althrough I'm not quite sure why I enjoyed it as much as I remember enjoying the combat and it being original in that regard. It not overstaying it's welcome and there basically being basically no grinding were contributing factors too. Curious to see what you think of it, as I know some people didn't really care for this game.