Kill Your Completion X

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Ar Nosurge was a hidden gem for me. althrough I'm not quite sure why I enjoyed it as much as I remember enjoying the combat and it being original in that regard. It not overstaying it's welcome and there basically being basically no grinding were contributing factors too. Curious to see what you think of it, as I know some people didn't really care for this game.

Think I liked Qoga a bit more, but I enjoyed Ar Nosurge. Wish they'd make another entry in the series. :(

And while I'm here, I have finally decided what my final game will be. Seeing as how the ones I mentioned were ones I was going to play with other people, and I don't think they're ready to start them yet, I'm going to stick with the theme of the last two games: zombies. I just bought Yakuza 6, as well, so that's some extra motivation to get the two Yakuza games I have on the PS3 done. So yeah, Yakuza: Dead Souls will be Game #5. 

Edited by DamagingRob

19 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Think I liked Qoga a bit more, but I enjoyed Ar Nosurge. Wish they'd make another entry in the series. :(

And while I'm here, I have finally decided what my final game will be. Seeing as how the ones I mentioned were ones I was going to play with other people, and I don't think they're ready to start them yet, I'm going to stick with the theme of the last two games: zombies. I just bought Yakuza 6, as well, so that's some extra motivation to get the two Yakuza games I have on the PS3 done. So yeah, Yakuza: Dead Souls will be Game #5. 

Never played Qoga, as it has some nonsense with the sixaxis movement thing, which is a deal-breaker for me. My Yakuza backog is starting to increase as well, haven't started any of them yet. If I keep that up, I could just as well make my whole line-up for a future KYC only Yakuza games xD .

P.S. Updated OP

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Never played Qoga, as it has some nonsense with the sixaxis movement thing, which is a deal-breaker for me. My Yakuza backog is starting to increase as well, haven't started any of them yet. If I keep that up, I could just as well make my whole line-up for a future KYC only Yakuza games xD .

P.S. Updated OP

Ah, that's a shame. I still have a Sony DS3 if I need sixaxis, but they're probably hard to find now. :/ And seems like every time you turn around, there's a new Yakuza game. :lol: 0, Kiwami 1 & 2, and 6 are all out on the PS4, and I haven't played a single one. Then there's Judgement.. Slow down, Yakuza devs. ;w;

6 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Lbc3f4f.png

Final Review- School Girl/Zombie Hunter

I guess the graphics are fine? I'm not much of a graphic snob, so you'll need to look elsewhere for possible complaints about that. Music and sound effects are also okay. I know at least one track is recycled from Onechanbara, though. There's also online multiplayer for this, which I haven't tried (and probably won't), but I don't think those missions have any trophies tied to them. Besides it's dead. Or undead? :hmm:

My alarm bells went off, when you mentioned graphics and Onechanbara in the same section. Is this another PS2 game masked as a PS4 game?

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

My alarm bells went off, when you mentioned graphics and Onechanbara in the same section. Is this another PS2 game masked as a PS4 game?

Haha, that's why I said you may need another's opinion on those. Having been playing .hack recently, I'd say it looks better than a PS2 game. But I don't know how much better. :/ It's probably not up to AAA PS4 standards. And I reference Onechanbara because it's actually set in that universe.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:02 AM, dizzyshadow said:

Game 7 : Bomber Crew

L05e4f6.png

Another little gem here, although one with quite niche appeal.

You are in charge of the crew of a Lancaster bomber in WWII, you fly missions from an RAF airbase against various german targets, the mission range from destroying factories and guns, or dropping supplies to downed pilots to help them survive and larger missions with harder objectives which you need to progress the story.

The difference being you have no direct control over the plane its self, only the crew of 7 (pilot, navigator, radio operator, engineer, 2 gunners & a bomb aimer) you can give them commands and move them around the plane to undertake various tasks (operate the guns, fix malfunctioning systems, heal other crew members), as you progress through the game your crew members unlock new skills which can be used ti help on future missions. The game play reminds me a lot of FTL from PC or iOS, and is suspect this may have been the insperation.

Thanks for the review! I've had this one on my radar for awhile. I'll grab it next time it's on sale.

I saw a Lancaster last year at the RAF Museum. What a beauty! I still find it crazy though, that it only had one pilot. But as my aviation buddy told me, England's a small island, and if there were two pilots, that's double the training on resources that are already stretched to the max. 

Are there any American bombers in the game? B-17s, B-24s, or B-29s?

@Psy-Tychist I actually finished the story today, and my opinion didn't change. Personally I find the game overstays it's welcome by quite a bit. It adds optional modifiers about halfway through the game, but that's pretty much the only thing that freshens the whole experience up a bit.  Most of the battles on standard difficulty are a cakewalk even with modifiers on, and don't really add anything new. Even the opposing teams are always teams you've fought before, not even their line-up varies. There are 26 matches in total, and I got bored halfway throug, because it was literally just going through the motions; pick location, do X number of matches do a match to "free" one of your party members, next location and do the same again. It's an original concept, but that's pretty much all it was for me. I still have the vs mode left, which maybe I'll try to wrap up today.

18 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

@Psy-Tychist You like Transistor and The Banner Saga?  That's some good taste there.  I really loved those games.

But, when it comes to Pyre I'm more with @voodoo_eyes I'm afraid.  I think it's clearly not as interesting as Transistor or Bastion.  And the comparison to The Banner Saga pains me a little.  ;)

I don't really think Pyre is that similar to any of those other games, at least when it comes to the gameplay or how the game is structured. The emphasis in Pyre is the story telling, with very little gameplay throughout.  It also just feels like a game of dodgeball tbh :P There are some superficial similarities, like the sort of isometric perspective and their artstyle and maybe the presentation at least the Supergiant games tend to have the whole announcer/narrator thing going on iirc.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Update 020

"Lucky 7"

L0635fb.png

Super Neptunia RPG

Playtime: 22 hours

Trophies Earned: 24/36 54%

Today I found a really good grinding spot by accident. It is a very powerful spot that's filled with enemies like the golden hands from Persona 4 Golden. The enemies are immune to most things, resistant to everything else and have very high defense but are not very dangerous and reward a ludicrous amount of experience points, formation point and ability points when defeated. I'll probably be farming this spot at the end game once I get the strategy down.

I'll being playing a little bit of Rocketbirds 2 before I go to bed. I'm very excited to play this title because I enjoyed the first game so much.

• Like 4

On 7/24/2019 at 6:37 PM, Bittersweet said:

Wrong, the art style is from Akihiko Yoshida.

Sorry, Amano is the only artist I know of. That's shows how little I care about the series. xD

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Final Fantasy hater, XII and World of FF are the only games I really care anything about. And Kingdom Hearts because the first two games have Final Fantasy characters and they did them well.

I'm more into Dragon Quest, already to island two of Dragon Quest Builders 2. ;)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
  • Like 2