voodoo_eyes

Kill Your Completion X

381 posts in this topic

Not done too much progress lately when it comes to games from this event. Although I started the third character's story in Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

 

I did however start and finish the campaign on Battlefield 1, which I had originally lusted as a game for this event. Initially I wanted to save it for the next KYC, as well as Torment Tides of Numenara. I was in the mood for an FPS though, so I ended up starting BF1.

 

Therefore I'll give a game update, in case anyone was interested in a review on that, before I ended up cutting it. Keep in mind hat this will contain mild spoilers.

 

 

Outake #1 - Battlefield 1 - Review

L3851fb.png

 

Time played: a bit over 9h

Trophies earned: 11/51

 

 

This was probably the highest rated game by critics, that I played during a KYC event.  To be it ended up being somewhat off a good score, and here's why.

 

The campaign is split into 5 mini campaigns. Ttechnically there's 7, but the first one is prologue and the last one is litreally just a cutscene. It took me a bit over 9 hours to get through the campaigns on hard difficulty, which wasn't too difficult but somewhat annoying. What makes it bothersome is the tremendously dumb friendly AI. I have never seen an AI this bad in a FOS ever.

 

Each campaign is focuses on a different character's path through WW1 (or rather a somewhat alternate reality of it). Without going too much into it, you'll end up in a tank driving segement, flying a plane, riding a horse, etc. While visually it's solid and the gameplay overall seem good enough, it gets constantly interrupted with scripted fail states. I can't express how bloody annoying that is. You're trying to get through a section without dying so you don't get thrown back to a previous checkpoint, just to find out that at a certain point the game takes control over your character and gets them killed or captured. Destroys the pacing of the game and my patience.

 

The AI however takes the cake, although it seemed to get slightly better from campaigns 4-5. In the tank segement, you occasinally have to clear out enemy camps on foot, to clear a path for the tank (pretty sure that usually works the other way round). On one section when enemies started investigating the tank decided to get into the line of sight allerting everyone and the grandma which lead to checkpoint reset. The flying missions were the worst though and coincidently they were some of the hardest missions to get through. At least three times I had an allied plane fly and crash into my plane, destroying it and subsequently failing the mission. I know they were allied planes, because I was chasing the last enemy plane pretty much each of those times. In the 4th cmapaign I ended up breaking the enemy AI by accident. During the mision I had to defend a courtyard, however I walked out to the entrance of the courtyard and all the enemy soldiers ran past me heading to the courtyard wirhour paying attention to me while I took care of them as they ran past me. I guess the AI was programmed to only enter alert mode once inside the courtyard. It was hilarious and stupid at the same time.

 

Unfortunately the individual campaigns weren't long enough to end up caring about the individual characters involved. Some of the missions felt a tad lackluster as they would make you repeat the same thing in diffierent locations. Like getting new sparkplugs for your tank. You need four of them, but for some reason you can only take out one out of each tank behind enemy lines. That just felt like artificially prolonged game time, as it made no sense taking a plug from 4 different tanks when every tank had more than 4 that could've just as well been for the taking. That is kind of the games shtick, the recycling of objectives.

 

I have yet to try out the multiplayer, which is generally not something I enjoy. So my opinion on this game is solely basrd on the campaign. Honestly I'm disappointed after hearing a lot of good things about the game. It was way too bland and missed the opportunity to revitalize the old WW FPS games like Medal of Honor. There isn't a single civilian or animal anywhere, not ieven in the villages. Well, except horses which serve the only purpose of getting from point A to point B (they're also immortal as I've seen a horse getting a direct hit from a mortar and it didn't even flinch or run away).

 

 

So yeah, the bad AI, poor pacing and lack of care put into the missions and game world leave a lot to be desired. It's a :silver:.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I finished the platinum on The Caligula Effect. My opinion of this game has become kind of mixed. I really got to liking the combat system and the story fleshed out well. These are both big upsides for me but are offset by some big grinding issues which floated things downward.

 

First, you have to talk to other students to make friends. These friendships unlock access to other students to eventually gain access to solving the class mysteries which involve clearing up traumas within certain students for the accompanying trophies. Unfortunately, making friends involves repetitively talking to characters in conversational fragments with no dialogue options so you are basically clicking on people over and over again which feels pointless except for taking up time. If the conversations felt more like doing something instead of just clicking to initiate them, this would not have felt so tedious.

 

Second is the grind. The longest trophy is getting to level 100. I was level 33 when I finished the game and the post-game is pretty minimal. Going into post game sticks you back in the school entryway just before heading to the final boss section.  You also need to be levelled for a few fights to solve class mysteries but their XP is negligible once you reach the required level.

 

Enemies do not scale (I didn't try raising enemy levels as I'd read this wasn't well implemented) and XP goes down as you level higher away from them. So this leaves the final boss battle as the only way to get a good amount of XP. If you've farmed out the XP boosters, you can reliably get 50-60k per boss run once you are comfortable taking them down in one turn, 20-30k if you aren't. Mid range levelling this way isn't too bad but at 60+ you are looking at 140-360k per level up to 100. Still not too bad until you realize each boss run takes about 15 minutes. Not of combat but going to the boss area, running through the facility to the site, skipping through the scene which speeds the dialogue boxes but not the animations, doing boss fight 1, skipping more, doing boss fights 2 & 3, skipping more, then saving clear data. Rinse and repeat. Fighting the bosses a few hundred times isn't bad but going through the rest a few hundred times? Ugh.... Ultimately I spent 50+ hours doing this with only about 8-10 hrs of that being actual combat, the rest running and (mostly) skipping through scenes. This was truly horrible.

 

So while I really enjoyed the game, which I would score 7.5/10, the grind to the platinum is not something I can recommend and this brings my score of the experience as a whole down to 4.5/10.

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 5:47 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

 

 

Outake #1 - Battlefield 1 - Review

L3851fb.png

 

Time played: a bit over 9h

Trophies earned: 11/51

 

I have yet to try out the multiplayer, which is generally not something I enjoy. So my opinion on this game is solely basrd on the campaign. Honestly I'm disappointed after hearing a lot of good things about the game. It was way too bland and missed the opportunity to revitalize the old WW FPS games like Medal of Honor. There isn't a single civilian or animal anywhere, not ieven in the villages. Well, except horses which serve the only purpose of getting from point A to point B (they're also immortal as I've seen a horse getting a direct hit from a mortar and it didn't even flinch or run away).

 

 

So yeah, the bad AI, poor pacing and lack of care put into the missions and game world leave a lot to be desired. It's a :silver:.

 

I absolutely loathe MP-heavy games, but BF1 is the exception. I have logged over 100 hours of MP play into this game and it's quite incredible. There are tons of maps, especially with the dlc ones, and they are each different with intricate details and designs. Unfortunately, less players today means some of the best maps are hard to find games on today.

But you really should give BF1 multiplayer a try. Just playing the single-player campaign is like going to a five-star restaurant and just ordering an appetizer. With no MP play, you've missed the major portion of the game.

That said, there is a learning curve and you will get your ass handed to you at first. I recommend playing modes that keep the battle lines rather static, so everything is in front of you (Team Deathmatch is a waste of time, unless you enjoy getting shot in the back). Operations is a great place to start. The maps are massive and the gameplay generally keeps enemies on separate sides. The attackers go for a couple objectives, and defenders, well, defend. But once those objectives are achieved, defenders must clear out and retreat to the next set of objectives. The game forces you to retreat by highlighting all defenders on screen so you need to move or you are dead. As an attacker, its a great way to get easy kills.

Anyways, sometimes there are 4-7 rounds of objectives in Operations so games go for awhile. Make sure you join a squad when you start and don't worry, people rarely talk to each other in the game. But in a squad, you can respawn in more places. And, when you respawn, always look around to see if you can hop into a vehicle for a different kind of gameplay. Just for you, there's horses! But of course tanks too, and armored cars, trains, dreadnoughts, airplanes, bombers, etc. 

The MP trophies for the base game are easily attainable, the dlc ones are a real chore. But go for the plat! I'd start as either a support player or scout and hang back a bit to get the feel of the game. Just remember as a scout, when you look through the scope, you are giving away your position with the scope glare. So wait until you see a good target, then aim and snipe. 

Support troops have large machine guns that work best in prone position so they are good for sitting back and firing away as well.

Good luck! Enjoy!! Let me know if you need help!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

 

I absolutely loathe MP-heavy games, but BF1 is the exception. I have logged over 100 hours of MP play into this game and it's quite incredible. There are tons of maps, especially with the dlc ones, and they are each different with intricate details and designs. Unfortunately, less players today means some of the best maps are hard to find games on today.

But you really should give BF1 multiplayer a try. Just playing the single-player campaign is like going to a five-star restaurant and just ordering an appetizer. With no MP play, you've missed the major portion of the game.

That said, there is a learning curve and you will get your ass handed to you at first. I recommend playing modes that keep the battle lines rather static, so everything is in front of you (Team Deathmatch is a waste of time, unless you enjoy getting shot in the back). Operations is a great place to start. The maps are massive and the gameplay generally keeps enemies on separate sides. The attackers go for a couple objectives, and defenders, well, defend. But once those objectives are achieved, defenders must clear out and retreat to the next set of objectives. The game forces you to retreat by highlighting all defenders on screen so you need to move or you are dead. As an attacker, its a great way to get easy kills.

Anyways, sometimes there are 4-7 rounds of objectives in Operations so games go for awhile. Make sure you join a squad when you start and don't worry, people rarely talk to each other in the game. But in a squad, you can respawn in more places. And, when you respawn, always look around to see if you can hop into a vehicle for a different kind of gameplay. Just for you, there's horses! But of course tanks too, and armored cars, trains, dreadnoughts, airplanes, bombers, etc. 

The MP trophies for the base game are easily attainable, the dlc ones are a real chore. But go for the plat! I'd start as either a support player or scout and hang back a bit to get the feel of the game. Just remember as a scout, when you look through the scope, you are giving away your position with the scope glare. So wait until you see a good target, then aim and snipe. 

Support troops have large machine guns that work best in prone position so they are good for sitting back and firing away as well.

Good luck! Enjoy!! Let me know if you need help!!

 

I'll definitely try out the MP at some point, and I'll make sure to beat someone with a dead horse... wait, that's not how that saying goes. Anyway, I'm not sure I'll enjoy itas much as you did, because I hated the Battlefield Bad Company MP, due to hte sole fact of there being vehicles (and people spawn point camping as well I guess). I dislike driving vehicles and I generally hate having to deal with someone in a vehicle. For now I'll be heading back to Pillars of Eternity as I changed my plans for the 400th plat, thus I'll try to make it my 390th :P .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is finally done. Got my 9th ultra rare plat by completing Pillars of Eternity. The pacifist run was a lot easier than I thought it would be, although it also took a lot longer than I thought (still only about a third of the length of my original playthrough). To me it's still a :platinum: at the end, even though the relatively long loading times seem to be common on all systems including PC (engine related issues). It is not as good as either Baldur's Gate entry, but it's as close as it gets. Shame the second one will probably never see a console release. But hey, Torment: Tides of Numenara is still in the run for the next KYC :P .

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It is finally done. Got my 9th ultra rare plat by completing Pillars of Eternity. The pacifist run was a lot easier than I thought it would be, although it also took a lot longer than I thought (still only about a third of the length of my original playthrough). To me it's still a :platinum: at the end, even though the relatively long loading times seem to be common on all systems including PC (engine related issues). It is not as good as either Baldur's Gate entry, but it's as close as it gets. Shame the second one will probably never see a console release. But hey, Torment: Tides of Numenara is still in the run for the next KYC :P .

Both Baldur's Gate games are supposed to be out on PS4 at the end of the month (unless the release date has changed).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Both Baldur's Gate games are supposed to be out on PS4 at the end of the month (unless the release date has changed).

 

Oh, I know:yay:. So will Icewind Dale, Planescape Tormet and Neverwinter Nights (not on the same date though). I'll have to wait and see how they intend to do the console adaptation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

 

Oh, I know:yay:. So will Icewind Dale, Planescape Tormet and Neverwinter Nights (not on the same date though). I'll have to wait and see how they intend to do the console adaptation.

Yeah. As much as I loved BG and IWD, I still think I'm most excited about Planescape Torment. I've been waiting for this to get the revisit for soooo long which watching enhanced editions being done of everything else. Still the return of Minsc (and Boo, of course) have me really pumped for BG as well.

 

Neverwinter Nights, I must admit, the user content was more interesting than the main story. I loved the way people took the classic p+p modules and turned them into great content that I actually thought felt more natural than the game itself. A lot of stuff in the main game felt shoehorned in to cater more to your choice of henchies rather than the MC but maybe I just saw it differently than some people. Going through the depths in Horde of the Underdark was great though. 

Edited by Kevvik
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Yeah. As much as I loved BG and IWD, I still think I'm most excited about Planescape Torment. I've been waiting for this to get the revisit for soooo long which watching enhanced editions being done of everything else. Still the return of Minsc (and Boo, of course) have me really pumped for BG as well.

 

Neverwinter Nights, I must admit, the user content was more interesting than the main story. I loved the way people took the classic p+p modules and turned them into great content that I actually thought felt more natural than the game itself. A lot of stuff in the main game felt shoehorned in to cater more to your choice of henchies rather than the MC but maybe I just saw it differently than some people. Going through the depths in Horde of the Underdark was great though. 

 

 

I actually never finished Planescape Torment, nor the Neverwinter Nights games (I might have finished the first one, but my memory is fuzzy on that one). Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale however I binged on. Actually did a marathon of BG 1, 2 IWD 1,2 and their respective DLC a few yesras back and it was great. SHame neither IWD 2 nor NWN 2 have a console release planned. Then again, let's wait and see how this other ones turn out, as the responsible dev isn't held in the highest regard to begin with.

 

I'd also love to see Pathfinder: Kingmaker come to console, even though that one is fairly recent.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small update

 

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - Comlpleted the third story. Which added new gameplay elements (had a couple of sidescrolling schmup sections) Still don't care about the story nor characters, the gameplay is pretty neat though. Still 2 more stories to play through + an additinal alternate one I think. Taking another break from this one for a while.

 

Zombi - Decided to scrap the game. I've been considering for a while, whether to still do the two remaining playthroughs. Everytime the same issue pops up, which is the arena segment  that I just despise. It's therefore ruled of the list.

 

Assassin's Creed Unity (prior KYC event) - Making slow progress here and there. Some of the co-op missions or side missions in general seem to drag on for far too long. That's going to bore me more than the colelctibles I think. Might have to alternate it with another game

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

 

Assassin's Creed Unity (prior KYC event) - Making slow progress here and there. Some of the co-op missions or side missions in general seem to drag on for far too long. That's going to bore me more than the colelctibles I think. Might have to alternate it with another game

 

One of the worst all-time grinds in a AC game is the treasure chests in Unity. Make sure you upgrade lockpicks asap and everytime you travel from A to B, hit the chests in the vicinity. That method will save significant grinding at the end. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

 

One of the worst all-time grinds in a AC game is the treasure chests in Unity. Make sure you upgrade lockpicks asap and everytime you travel from A to B, hit the chests in the vicinity. That method will save significant grinding at the end. 

 

Yeah, I maxed lockpicking as soon as I was able to. II'm already done with the story and already in clean up fase for all the misc stuff.. The chests don't really worry me, after having gotten the collectibles in Ghost Recon Wildlands (400-500), little can still phase me in that regard xD .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been making some more progress in a couple KYC games.

 

Currently cleared out 8/21 districts of all collectibles and missions in Assassin's Creed Unity. Just as I thought, the amount of collectibles hasn't really bothered me, as I just watch a movie while I clear out the various zones. I also don't tend to do more than a maximum of 2 zones a day which helps.

 

I'm also about halfway through my 4th playthrough of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (as in 4th character), and am hoping to finish the playthrough up this weekend. Once that is done I want to pick Transistor back up again.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out I was a lot closer to finishing Transistor than I thought. Ended up getting the plat and still have the same opinion on it that I had in the first KYC. It's a great game with an original concept that works really well. The art style is what I disliked the most, purely because I'm not a fan of bright neon visuals. It's still a :gold:.

 

That leaves me with 8 games to go back to. Those being Trine Enchanted Edition (KYC 2), Slain Back From Hell (KYC 3), Assassin's Creed Unity (KYC 3), WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (KYC 3), Okami HD (KYC 3), Conception 2 (KYC 10), Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (KYC 10), Dishonored 2 (KYC 10).

 

 

I also finished th 4th playthrough of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, so it's time to take another break from it. Probably going to focus on AC Unity until the next KYC begins in about a months time.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I finally conquered Hollow Knight... thanks to an exploit someone discovered. :ninja: I started Estival Versus yesterday, though, so my completion went down some. Lol. Still higher than what I started the event with, though. That really just leaves School Girl/Zombie Hunter from this round, unless someone finds an exploit for Mr. Shifty. :P Don't know if I'll go back to that one, maybe a better one from a previous KYC (like Persona 5), or continue to play new stuff. No lack of options...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, I finally conquered Hollow Knight... thanks to an exploit someone discovered. :ninja: I started Estival Versus yesterday, though, so my completion went down some. Lol. Still higher than what I started the event with, though. That really just leaves School Girl/Zombie Hunter from this round, unless someone finds an exploit for Mr. Shifty. :P Don't know if I'll go back to that one, maybe a better one from a previous KYC (like Persona 5), or continue to play new stuff. No lack of options...

Congrats! What exploit?

 

I don't have an update unfortunately. I've just been playing what I feel like while doing a couple events. Had a list with all the games I've played during the KYC events, but I lost it. Don't want to spend time finding those games again. Maybe next year.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Congrats! What exploit?

Thanks. :) And it's mentioned in the guide here, or here's a direct link to the post: Invincible glitch. Pretty much makes anything in the game possible, since you take no damage to anything while it's active.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another small update from me.

 

Been going back to AC Unity on a regular basis. Now at 14/21 districts completed. So in about a week I should have wrapped up all of the collectibles. Still need to clean up some story objectives (83% done), and most of the co-op missions and heists. The co-op missions are the most boring aspect to me, as they drag on for far too long, having way too many objectives. At least all the Nostradameus riddles and Social Club missions are done already.

I've been thinking about getting the 100% by completing the DLC as well, but it seems like way more of a hassle than I thought it would be. It requires completing everything on the map from missions to collectibles. For those who don't know, missions and collectibles only show up on the map, if you are in close proximity to htem. For the base game there's a map you can buy with in-game currency that shows all of the collectibles on the map. For the DLC there is no such thing, which is why I'll probably skip that bit.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completed the platinum for Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland. I really got into this in the end though spending forever putting together post game gear strong enough to take out the super bosses felt kind of tedious. The post game story really didn't feel like it added anything though not having played the Mereru or Totori entries yet may have something to do with that.  Still, I think this is a series I will be going back to for the other two titles at least.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured I should do a quick update on the KYC games I've finished since the end of KYC 10 before the next one starts.

 

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (KYC 5)

Back in KYC 5 I gave this a pretty positive review based on the few hours that I played it. The game seemed interesting enough to continue on and I was interested in how open world worked in an Atelier game. However, after passing the alchemist exam and essentially beating the game, I feel that it was an interesting experiment for the series but it didn't exactly work out. I feel an Atelier needs to nail the exploration, battle, and alchemy systems to be a really good game, and I think only the alchemy system did it this time around - I like the synthesizer system and can make some pretty interesting items through that - but I still can't figure out the battle system much or enjoy the open world exploration. I still did get all five letters of recommendation before heading to the exam though, so that's a plus? Anyway, I don't know if I'll be going back to it anytime soon for the platinum. I was going to make it #128 to continue the Atelier streak, but I eventually just passed it over instead.

 

Plague Inc: Evolved (KYC 9)

I enjoyed my time with Plague Inc: Evolved just as much as I enjoyed the first few hours. The game's different disease types and the campaign mode unlock a lot of replayability, especially with the hidden combos that make up almost half of the base trophy list. It's basically up to you to create a strategy to win with your disease as you see fit, and that's always cool. I can see it getting repetitive at some point, but for now I like it, and I'm not far away from the platinum as recently I've been going through all the combo trophies to finish up most of the list. Probably will get the platinum in this by the end of the month.

 

Yakuza 0 (KYC 9)

Easily the best of the Yakuza games, and the best game of the five in this post. The two protagonist system keeps the battle system fresh with the different styles for both characters. Also, this game definitely has the most side-content of any Yakuza I've played - the cabaret club and the real estate storylines being the big highlight - but also almost every other mini-game as well. I did a lot of the side-content during the storyline and ended up beating the game with over 40 hours played... but less than 40% of the completion list done. It's going to be a long trek to the end to platinum this, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy it all the same.

 

Fate/extella Link (KYC 10)

I'm still playing this once in a while and still having fun with it, mostly using Scathach over any of the other characters I've unlocked. To be fair, I thought the storyline was mostly nonsense and don't really recommend playing this for the story, but I still think the gameplay overhaul between the two Extellas is definitely a great reason to try this one out. Beating the campaign on very hard mode though - the first level of the campaign on that level was recommended level in the 90s if I recall correctly - that's going to take a while as my highest level character is 54. Time to grind on these extra stages, I guess!

 

The Silver Case (KYC 10)

I think I can say that this game went in a direction I did not expect, a testament to Suda51's writing. Despite my dislike of the ending, it's definitely a wild ride from start to finish and the two different storylines - one within the police, and one from the outside looking in - make it more compelling. Since I did get the platinum in this, there's a write-up on my trophy checklist so I'll keep this one short.

 

With that, KYC 9 is actually the only KYC where I've actually gone back and beaten all the games from it, strangely enough. It will probably also be the first one to have all the games completed as well. I don't think I'll finish any others before KYC 11 - I'm ready when that comes up, though!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I wrapped up the collectibles in AC Unity.

 

Now what's left is finishing the story challenges, the co-op and heist missions, which should give me all the skill points and lastly the training missions.

 

I'll probably try to do a mission or two a day and with a bit of luck I might still finish this one up before the next event begins.

 

 

I'll be putting up the new thread in couple of weeks.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'll be putting up the new thread in couple of weeks.

 

Is it that time already? I've had my CR flirting with full recovery but then I start something new and I'm back below it again. 

 

That said, I think I have my list decided on but might change one or two.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

 

Is it that time already? I've had my CR flirting with full recovery but then I start something new and I'm back below it again. 

 

That said, I think I have my list decided on but might change one or two.

 

Sure is. November is slowly approaching, and it won't be long before another KYC is due.

 

There are probably around two more sales happening before the event starts, as well as another PS Plus lineup waiting to be announced. I'm still in the process of picking my games, but Torment Tides of Numenara will definitely be on the list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 7:54 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Another small update from me.

 

Been going back to AC Unity on a regular basis. Now at 14/21 districts completed. So in about a week I should have wrapped up all of the collectibles. Still need to clean up some story objectives (83% done), and most of the co-op missions and heists. The co-op missions are the most boring aspect to me, as they drag on for far too long, having way too many objectives. At least all the Nostradameus riddles and Social Club missions are done already.

I've been thinking about getting the 100% by completing the DLC as well, but it seems like way more of a hassle than I thought it would be. It requires completing everything on the map from missions to collectibles. For those who don't know, missions and collectibles only show up on the map, if you are in close proximity to htem. For the base game there's a map you can buy with in-game currency that shows all of the collectibles on the map. For the DLC there is no such thing, which is why I'll probably skip that bit.

 

I played the AC Unity dlc, and like most dlc's, it doesn't really add that much.  But I don't remember it being too much of a time suck.  Looks like it only took me a few days to get 100% of the trophies. I don't recall running around looking for missions so they must've popped up quick.  

  Syndicate's dlcs do take a lot of time but the Jack the Ripper one is probably the best dlc in the AC franchise. 

 

- And what did you think of the Belle Epoque and WWII levels in Unity? Personally, I liked the universe twist.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.