Kill Your Completion X

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

I played the AC Unity dlc, and like most dlc's, it doesn't really add that much.  But I don't remember it being too much of a time suck.  Looks like it only took me a few days to get 100% of the trophies. I don't recall running around looking for missions so they must've popped up quick.  

Syndicate's dlcs do take a lot of time but the Jack the Ripper one is probably the best dlc in the AC franchise. 

- And what did you think of the Belle Epoque and WWII levels in Unity? Personally, I liked the universe twist.

Yeah, the DLC area ain't that big. I'm starting to dislike the game more and more as time goes by though.Mainly due to the boring and dragged out co-op missions, the enemies aggroing just by walking past them and the awfully clunky climbing that's driving me nuts. It's one of hte most annoying things I've experienced in a game.

Honestly, the only thing I really liked in this game were the murder mysteries. Funnily enough, those are some of the only missions that are essentially irrelevant for the platinum.

Did some minor progress on AC Unity, only doing a couple of the co-op missions. Not enjoying those one bit. Instead I ended up getting back to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and got the plat. This one was a lot of fun, but really should've steered away from the generic locations (winter, jungle, desert, fire, etc...) and more boss variety throughout the various stories. Nevertheless I had fun for the most part.

Not sure, if I'll still be able to net the plat for AC Unity before the next event starts. Maybe I'll hold off on it for now, we'll see.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 11:27 AM, Hemiak said:

Challenge mode was definitely my favorite other than the final boss. Easily the hardest part of the entire game. I enjoyed God Mode as well though. Glad you had fun man.

Just an update on Fenix Furia.  I finally got around to finishing up God Mode two days ago and the trophy didn't pop.  I reloaded the save from cloud backup and tried beating the last two easy levels I needed again.  Tried at least a few dozen times (the levels are short!), and it's no good.  After beating the last level, I tried waiting on the level complete screen... waiting on the map screen.  I also tried playing some levels after, but nothing.

I'm out of ideas at the moment.  Looks like it's glitched for me.

Alright, I decided to power through AC Unity, and finally got the plat. My enjoyment of the game gradually deterioated and currently sits at my least favourite of the series along with AC 3. Unity is a mess gameplay-wise, as the controls seem to fight you at every motion you take. One of the co-op missions was an absolute nightmare because of it (the flag tournament), as I did it solo and the character kept leaping all the wrong ways. I spent about an hour to finally get that one done. Most of the co.op missions were just padding as well, with no originality to them whatsoever (except said tournament). Anyway, this one is getting downrated to a :silver:, it's nowhere near the quality of Syndicate, AC2, Brotherhood, let alone Origins.

P.S. New thread will be up next weekend.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2019 at 10:39 PM, dmland12 said:

Just an update on Fenix Furia.  I finally got around to finishing up God Mode two days ago and the trophy didn't pop.  I reloaded the save from cloud backup and tried beating the last two easy levels I needed again.  Tried at least a few dozen times (the levels are short!), and it's no good.  After beating the last level, I tried waiting on the level complete screen... waiting on the map screen.  I also tried playing some levels after, but nothing.

I'm out of ideas at the moment.  Looks like it's glitched for me.

Yeah, I actually tried that again a few weeks ago. Earned it again, beat a bunch more levels, left it and went to work. Played a few more levels, left it when I went to bed, nothing.