Kill Your Completion X

27 minutes ago, Soragoof said:

Love that this is a 5 game event.  Makes it much easier than your entire backlog.  But currently working on my current played backlog.  Can't wait to get in on one of these in the future though!

You can always just drop by and read through the participants thoughts on the games, if  you feel like it.

Just as a heads up, the next one will be in November. There's always a 3 month break in-between events.

8 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

You can always just drop by and read through the participants thoughts on the games, if  you feel like it.

Just as a heads up, the next one will be in November. There's always a 3 month break in-between events.

I will be following this thread for sure.  Should be some fun and interesting reviews to read as it goes along!   Those 3 months will give me some time to get some of my current backlog caught up so it will be great timing!

On 6/20/2019 at 3:23 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Uh, those are only three games you listed, voodoo_eyes, I listed 10 games. You need me to list them again w/o pictures? :(

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

8 minutes ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

Uh, those are only three games you listed, voodoo_eyes, I listed 10 games. You need me to list them again w/o pictures? :(

Already fixed it ;) . I seem to have put the rest of your list under someone else's section by mistake.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

PS Plus games have been announced and none of them interest me. Didn't get anything from the new sale either, so I'll be sticking to my list of games. As such I'll confirm my list and order for the event now (for anyone wondering, it's not mandatory, just personal preference).

1. Onechanbara Z2: Chaos (PS4)
  2. Zombi (PS4)
  3. Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars (Vita)
  4. Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (PS3)
  5. Burnout Paradise Remastered (PS4)
  6. Trillion: God of Destruction (Vita)
  7. Pyre (PS4)
  8. Dishonored 2 (PS4)
  9. Torment: Tides of Numenara (PS4)
  10. Battlefield 1 (PS4)

ANyone who wishes to change games from their list, just tag me and let me know what the changes are.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

PS Plus games have been announced and none of them interest me.

Yeah, same here. I think I stopped caring about PS+ after 2017 because all of their games I either own or don't give two flying cat kidneys about. Sonic Mania might have been interesting but it's not the Plus version and it doesn't have a plat. Also, Sonic games are not really fun for me as I tend to bonk a lot. The last Sonic game I played was Sonic Generations and it was boring. :(

Anyways, I have confirmed my order I'll do the games for July as well.

July 1-3: Disgaea 1 Complete
July 4-6: Disgaea 5 (since it's about demons fighting oppression, it makes a great Independence Day run)
July 7-9: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (Critical Mode runs)
July 10-12: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
July 13-15: Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories
July 16-18: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
July 19-21: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
July 22-24: Final Fantasy XII
July 25-27: Ni no Kuni II
July 28-30: Secret of Mana

The middle of the month will be a Kingdom Hearts megathon to lead into my Kingdom Hearts III platinum journey after I finish Secret of Mana. ;)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

Yeah, same here. I think I stopped caring about PS+ after 2017 because all of their games I either own or don't give two flying cat kidneys about. Sonic Mania might have been interesting but it's not the Plus version and it doesn't have a plat. Also, Sonic games are not really fun for me as I tend to bonk a lot. The last Sonic game I played was Sonic Generations and it was boring. :(

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Sonic. The last sonic games I played was on the Mega Drive (aka Sega Genesis),a long time ago and didn't like them back then either. Not too fussed though, as it gives me time to work on the backlog, which is big enough to keep me entertained for many years to come anyway.

Is it okay to play games that are not on your event list while participating in this event?

I ask this question because I'm genuinely worried about breaking the rules. I didn't see a rule saying that playing games not on your event list was forbidden but I got the impression that it was not allowed. I'm currently working on the Rayman Legends platinum; The platinum requires 90+ days of daily play to earn a trophy, so I'm worried that I'll be unable to work on that.   

2 hours ago, SixyLove said:

Is it okay to play games that are not on your event list while participating in this event?

I ask this question because I'm genuinely worried about breaking the rules. I didn't see a rule saying that playing games not on your event list was forbidden but I got the impression that it was not allowed. I'm currently working on the Rayman Legends platinum; The platinum requires 90+ days of daily play to earn a trophy, so I'm worried that I'll be unable to work on that.   

Totally fine to play other games. The only real point we try to work for is at least 3 hrs on whatever game you are currently doing for the event so that you can give a reasonably informed opinion of the game.

Even with that, we understand when RL gets in the way and maybe you only get 1.5-2 hrs in. Also, if a game just isn't working for you, we understand if you bail on it after the usual time block to work on something else, sometimes a game from earlier in the event that you really got into may draw you back. Supplementary reviews later in the month on games like these are welcome as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for the moral support, voodoo_eyes. Despite your wicked blood-stained avatar, you are actually a really great guy. ;)

I'll try not to stress too much, I just have a mental autism problem which blocks my motivation, but I will try to enjoy every minute of every game. Since you said that only the final review is mandatory, I will just try to stick to that, but I will try to post trophy updates, as I plan to work on getting to at least one trophy each day. On my final reviews, I'll also post a total of my final trophy % for each game.

23 minutes ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

Thanks for the moral support, voodoo_eyes. Despite your wicked blood-stained avatar, you are actually a really great guy. ;)

I'll try not to stress too much, I just have a mental autism problem which blocks my motivation, but I will try to enjoy every minute of every game. Since you said that only the final review is mandatory, I will just try to stick to that, but I will try to post trophy updates, as I plan to work on getting to at least one trophy each day. On my final reviews, I'll also post a total of my final trophy % for each game.

Oh, but so is Kenpachi, in his own way. His adoptive daughter on the other hand is another story. She's much scarier than she appears to be :P .

Spoiler

9acae4d32c99337ac991e229dffde4d8.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Finally figured out my lineup! I'm going to ask @voodoo_eyes for veteran privilege and do a 6 game/4 day lineup.  I had 5 ready to go but the July PS+ has me wanting to add one more.  Here's the list:

1. We.The.Revolution (PS4).  The game just came out, and as others can attest, I'm a sucker for historically themed games.  This one takes place during the French Revolution and from initial appearances, it seems to be quite educational. We shall see...

2. Glass Masquerade (PS4).  With the American Holiday weekend, I won't have much time to game in this slot so this straightforward game will work here. PSNP statistics seem to say this is a trophy grab but nonetheless, it looks interesting. I like decent puzzlers like Pic-A-Pix, will this be something similar? 

3 Invisible Hours (PS4). Originally a VR game, evidently you can now play it on the big screen. I think it's a story in a mysterious house so could be intriguing. But if it's anything like Gone Home, shoot me.

4. PES 2019 (PS4). Haven't played a soccer game since the PS2.  But my son will enjoy this game, so I'll give it a try for his sake.

5. Alekhine's Gun (PS4). I really know nothing about this. I don't even know if it's a FPS.  I have a feeling within the first hour I will know whether I love it or hate it.

6. Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4). My profile will tell you how much I love this franchise.  I've been sitting on this game awhile as I anticipate my fall schedule to open up, so I have loads of time to play this. Love the idea of AC in Egypt, just sad they picked a time period in which the empire had been gutted for half a millennium. 

- So my event will end July 24.  I'm traveling soon after that so need time to get packed, etc. It's nice to see a new crop of people involved in KYCX. If only we could get the founding father @Hemiak to join!! ;)

No need for veteran privilege on that one. Any number between 5 and 10 is fine ;) .

AC Oigins is great. I think I clocked in about 60-70 hours with both DLCs. Definitely check out the Tour mode, as it's quite well done and interesting.

I ended up making one change after all. Swiching out Oddworld Munch's Oddysee for Game of Thrones (the RPG, not the Telltale game). Oddworld seems to be a glitchy mess from what I've read, so I'd rather play it on the side than potentially having a miserable experience during the event with it.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

7 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

3 Invisible Hours (PS4). Originally a VR game, evidently you can now play it on the big screen. I think it's a story in a mysterious house so could be intriguing. But if it's anything like Gone Home, shoot me.

I played this back at the start of the year (on the big screen, not in VR) and really enjoyed it. It's nothing like Gone Home (which I also enjoyed but for different reasons). I'll leave it at that but personally, I would love to see another title like Invisible Hours.  Interested to see what your take is on it.

Just a quick reminder for the participants. Don't forget to install & patch your games in advance to avoid having to do so last minute, and potentially get the surprise of a long wait time (I installed Game of Thrones yesterday, which took almost 30 minutes).

15 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I played this back at the start of the year (on the big screen, not in VR) and really enjoyed it. It's nothing like Gone Home (which I also enjoyed but for different reasons). I'll leave it at that but personally, I would love to see another title like Invisible Hours.  Interested to see what your take is on it.

I didn't mind Gone Home until the developers forced you to do a second playthrough and listen to their commentary. They are pretty much in the running for the most conceited people on the planet. The game started as something akin to a 21st century after-school special but the commentary in the second run  was repetitive hammer blows the the head.

Paraphrasing here: "Like I, uh, decided to put Russian Dressing in the fridge because, like, I got to do a semester abroad in Russia. And it was, uh, like really cool. I, like, uh, really grew as a person and it was like, amazing. I was, uh, going through a tough time in my life, and it was like amazing how it like, healed my soul.  It was, like, awesome how I felt namaste in my inner emotional core."

:shakefist:

- I am excited for Invisible Hours though, now that you give it a ?.

Edited by PerryToxteth