Kill Your Completion X

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I thought Gone Home was a pretty uninteresting and dull story, to be honest. Aren't opinions fun. :P,

Edit: And now I posted here... Didn't want to do that, since I'm not participating this time. Whoops. :/ 

Doesn't mean you can't comment. Who knows maybe, it's your subconscious telling you to upir completion is too high and thus to participate again after all :P

4 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Doesn't mean you can't comment. Who knows maybe, it's your subconscious telling you to upir completion is too high and thus to participate again after all :P

True... but it seemed better to avoid posting, at least until the event had concluded. And my subconscious needs to shut the hell up. :P Ugh.. Well, Uncharted boosting and working part-time probably won't take up that much time. Let me see what I have in the old backlog...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I didn't mind Gone Home until the developers forced you to do a second playthrough and listen to their commentary. They are pretty much in the running for the most conceited people on the planet. The game started as something akin to a 21st century after-school special but the commentary in the second run  was repetitive hammer blows the the head.

I actually enjoyed listening to most of the developer commentary; I liked the commentary about game design things and speedruns. I must be too conceited myself, huh.

You are not actually required to listen to it all, you only have to click on the icon for it to count.

Edited by SixyLove
My post repeated itself two extra times, I deleted the echo.

7 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

giphy.gif

Weird how that happens isn't it xD . It'll help to freshen things up frmo the Uncharted grinding.

3 hours ago, dmland12 said:

LOL, recent players tracked on this site are 1,1,1,2,1 for these games right now.  I really know how to pick the popular stuff.  ;)

The Long Dark had a decent player base on PC a few months ago, as the devs pverhauled the story mode.I 'm not sure that applied to consoles as well. Either way I think it's still not "finished", since only the first chapter of the game was remade.

1 hour ago, iEatS0ULZ said:

Never done this before but sounds fun and my completion rate is garbage anyway so heres my list:

1. Sonic Mania

2. Doom

3. Ratchet & Clank

4. Murdered: Soul Suspect

5. N++

Hopefully these games are fine and how long of a review do you want? I ain't much of a writer lol

I'll post what I've already informed the other newcomers on. That should answer most of your questions..

• You're free to play other games on the side throughout the event. However trying to get to the at least 3 hour mark of the game you chose for the event should be a priority. While 3 hours are fairly arbitrary, for most games it should be enough time to get a general idea on how it works and to be able to form an adequate impression on it.
  • You're also free to still switch out games from your list while the event is ongoing. The caveat to this is that the game you want to switch out hasn't been started by you yet.
  • The start time of the event, will be your local time. So whenever it's (in this case) July  1st, in your time zone, you're good to go.
  • some participants may post updates daily, I personally tend to do an intro for the first day and the final impression on the last day of a game. Either way, updates are optional, only the review/impression on the final day of your current game are mandatory. The final roundup at the very end of the event, is also optional.
  • Reviews don't have to be several paragraphs long. Write however much you're comfortable with. Some people can convey their opinion in a more succinct manner, other prefer to elaborate more. You do you.
  • After the event is over, you're free to continue posting updates on your progress, if you want to. A lot of us tend to go back to the games played and finish the story, plat them, or
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

The Long Dark had a decent player base on PC a few months ago, as the devs pverhauled the story mode.I 'm not sure that applied to consoles as well. Either way I think it's still not "finished", since only the first chapter of the game was remade.

I can tell you it's gotten a lot of updates on PS4 over the last couple months, as I've had it installed over that time.  Could be a bad thing if that means it's buggy, but I looked at some of the updates and it seemed to be some more substantial tweaks and changes.  Most of it didn't really mean much to me since I haven't played it yet and don't remember seeing anything about a story overhaul.  But, I didn't check all of them or pay attention that closely, so I guess I'll find out.

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It'll help to freshen things up frmo the Uncharted grinding.

Or from the .hack grind, which has really just gotten tiresome... Funny, because I reviewed that game quite positively in the last KYC. But then spent 37-38 hours on Volume 2, and 13-14 of those were post game grinding for crap to make sure I got the one missable trophy. That and the very repetitive dungeons is making it a bit of a chore to get through.

9 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Or from the .hack grind, which has really just gotten tiresome... Funny, because I reviewed that game quite positively in the last KYC. But then spent 37-38 hours on Volume 2, and 13-14 of those were post game grinding for crap to make sure I got the one missable trophy. That and the very repetitive dungeons is making it a bit of a chore to get through.

That game is still on my wishlist, so that's a shame to hear. As everyone probably knows by now, how I feel about grindy games. It's why I'll never plat a Tales game, I enjoy playing through them once, but then doubling or tripling the playtime with pure grinding just for the plat is just a nope for me

2 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

That game is still on my wishlist, so that's a shame to hear. As everyone probably knows by now, how I feel about grindy games. It's why I'll never plat a Tales game, I enjoy playing through them once, but then doubling or tripling the playtime with pure grinding just for the plat is just a nope for me

I'm kind of that way myself with the Tales games. Only finished one, and it was the shortest of the lot. But yeah, that trophy is a pain.. You might not need to collect everything in the first 2 volumes (like I have) to get it, though. Wish the guide gave you a better idea of what you actually need, so you're not wasting time. :/ 

15 hours ago, SixyLove said:

I actually enjoyed listening to most of the developer commentary; I liked the commentary about game design things and speedruns. I must be too conceited myself, huh.

Well, you provided a short, articulate thought pertaining to something other than yourself - so sorry, you don't qualify as 'conceited.' :P

Welcome onboard, I hope you enjoy the event!

@DamagingRob - Welcome back! Nic gif but I prefer the Godfather III one of the same quote. Of course, maybe people are trying to forget there was a third one made. Just like Indy and Crystal Skull. I've never seen it, so it never happened, right?

11 hours ago, dmland12 said:

I skipped the last one and was on the fence for this one, but I'll go ahead and join again.  That will put me at a 50% participation rate again (KYC 3,4,7,8,10).

I'm going to give 5 games a try this time instead of the usual 10.  There's a few other games already on my list I'd like to work on completing next month as well, so I'm hoping I will be able to switch between doing some progress for them and playing the games for this event.  I generally have trouble switching gears like that, so we'll see!  It may not work.

In any case, I think I picked some games from my backlog that should be long enough and/or difficult enough to last 6 days should my plan fail and I just end up playing these 5 all month.

Here's my list:

1. Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition
  2. Fenix Furia
  3. Blackhole
  4. Battle Worlds: Kronos
  5. The Long Dark

LOL, recent players tracked on this site are 1,1,1,2,1 for these games right now.  I really know how to pick the popular stuff.  ;)

Glad you are back! Now we just need @MarkusT1992 and the band reunion is complete! Sadly, I think Billy went Cat Stevens on us and now lives a life in seclusion. :(

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Welcome back! Nic gif but I prefer the Godfather III one of the same quote. Of course, maybe people are trying to forget there was a third one made. Just like Indy and Crystal Skull. I've never seen it, so it never happened, right?

Lol. Well, I love Seinfeld. If I had to choose one show to be stuck on an island for eternity with, I think it'd be that. :P

I'm still not really sure what to put for that fifth game. I have had talks about playing a couple of different ones with friends, so it could be one of those. Or maybe even both. Or I might just have to choose something when the time comes. If leaving it blank is not an option, it'll probably be one of these 3: Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, Horizon Chase Turbo, or Realm Royale. 

36 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I'm still not really sure what to put for that fifth game. I have had talks about playing a couple of different ones with friends, so it could be one of those. Or maybe even both. Or I might just have to choose something when the time comes. If leaving it blank is not an option, it'll probably be one of these 3: Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, Horizon Chase Turbo, or Realm Royale. 

Leaving it blank for now is fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Well, you provided a short, articulate thought pertaining to something other than yourself - so sorry, you don't qualify as 'conceited.' :P

Welcome onboard, I hope you enjoy the event!

@DamagingRob - Welcome back! Nic gif but I prefer the Godfather III one of the same quote. Of course, maybe people are trying to forget there was a third one made. Just like Indy and Crystal Skull. I've never seen it, so it never happened, right?

Glad you are back! Now we just need @MarkusT1992 and the band reunion is complete! Sadly, I think Billy went Cat Stevens on us and now lives a life in seclusion. :(

I'm still not entirely sure if I want to participate this time. The last time I was completly unmotivated to continue the event halfway through.

@voodoo_eyes Since I don't have much time tomorrow would it be all right to post a list on Monday if I decide to join?

7 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I'm still not entirely sure if I want to participate this time. The last time I was completly unmotivated to continue the event halfway through.

@voodoo_eyes Since I don't have much time tomorrow would it be all right to post a list on Monday if I decide to join?

Yeah Monday is still fine. It'll be the official deadline for anyone to still join up.

I just upgraded my vita to the 32g today. I have been rocking the 8g since I bought my vita. I have been finding that too limiting for some time so today I decided to make the change. 

As as usual the day before stats. I do not believe I will get anything else. I may read and relax before tomorrow. I am actually up from the start of last KYC, not by much though.

Games played: 117

Games completed: 55

Trophies earned: 1,970

Umearned trophies: 2,021

Completion PCG: 53.57

First game up is The Caligula Effect.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I just upgraded my vita to the 32g today. I have been rocking the 8g since I bought my vita. I have been finding that too limiting for some time so today I decided to make the change. 

I bought a 64gb memory card for my Vita when I first got it. My 64gb memory card stopped functioning about a year ago. I replaced the 64gb with a 32gb card because I heard the 32gb are more stable.

I didn't know we had to post our stats; I guess it's a good thing I couldn't sleep. I'm going to bed and I'm not good enough at games to earn trophies in my sleep yet.

Games played: 293

Games completed: 83

Trophies earned: 6,193

Unearned trophies: 4,331

Competition PCG: 56.20%

All my games have been downloaded or I tested that the disc works and contains the proper game. I have checked all games for updates; surprisingly Super Neptunia RPG needed one.

My first game is Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SixyLove said:

I bought a 64gb memory card for my Vita when I first got it. My 64gb memory card stopped functioning about a year ago. I replaced the 64gb with a 32gb card because I heard the 32gb are more stable.

I didn't know we had to post our stats; I guess it's a good thing I couldn't sleep. I'm going to bed and I'm not good enough at games to earn trophies in my sleep yet.

Games played: 293

Games completed: 83

Trophies earned: 6,193

Unearned trophies: 4,331

Competition PCG: 56.20%

All my games have been downloaded or I tested that the disc works and contains the proper game. I have checked all games for updates; surprisingly Super Neptunia RPG needed one.

My first game is Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness.

The 64GB card has a build-in manufacturing error that will break it after a while.. Also, stats listing isn't obligatory.

Okay, event start stats coming up.  Likely will be minimal changes before starting tomorrow.

Current earned trophies: 7727

Current unearned trophies: 1420 (my lowest stat since somewhere early KYC 6!)

Current Completion Rate: 84.28% (my highest since joining this site!)

Past KYC Stats

KYC 3

Spoiler

Rise of the Tomb Raider  13/125, 9%, E rank
Okami HD 8/51, 11%, E rank
TorqueL   10/13, 61%, A rank
Anna: Extended Edition 100%
White Night :platinum:
Severed :platinum:
Risen 3 :platinum:
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 :platinum:
Tales of the Borderlands :platinum:
Demon Gaze :platinum:

158 trophies still unearned

KYC 4

Spoiler

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls :platinum:
Ratchet & Clank :platinum:
101 Ways to Die :platinum:
Minecraft Story Mode :platinum:
2064: Read Only Memories :platinum:
Dust: An Elysian Tail  16/31, 44%, A rank
Swapquest :platinum:
Hitman Absolution :platinum:
Rise of the Kasai  19/30, 50%, A rank
Lego The Movie Videogame :platinum:

26 trophies still unearned

KYC 5

Spoiler

The Last Guardian  2/24, 4%, E rank
Way of the Samurai 3  20/51, 30%, A rank
MeiQ :platinum:
Quest of Dungeons :platinum:
Deception IV Blood Ties  17/41, 27%, A rank
Yasai Ninja :platinum:

Ys Origin 4/31, 5%, D rank
Guacamelee   43/61, 49%, A rank
Dark Cloud 2  9/31, 17%, C rank
Kona :platinum: 

144 trophies still unearned

KYC 6

Spoiler

Catlateral Damage :platinum:

Rime :platinum:

The Talos Principle :platinum:

Dragon Quest Builders  4/20, 6%, E rank

Exist Archive :platinum:

Sundered  4/21, 6%, E rank

Amnesia Collection  4/23, 7%, C rank

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae  27/34, 58%, B rank

A Rose in the Twilight :platinum:

I Am Setsuna  16/50, 27%, D rank

93 trophies still unearned

KYC 777

Spoiler

Tomb Raider Anniversary  38/42, 91%, A rank

The Sexy Brutale :platinum:

Until Dawn :platinum:

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland :platinum:

NieR  7/42, 11%, D rank

Valhalla Knights 3 :platinum:

LEGO Marvel's Avengers :platinum:

Spellspire :platinum:

Touhou Double Focus  9/32, 13%, C rank

Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom :platinum:

62 trophies still unearned

KYC 

Spoiler

Full Throttle Remastered :platinum:

White Day: A Labyrinth named School  22/43, 35%, A rank

3D Dot Game Heroes  11/51, 15%, C rank

Forma.8 :platinum:

Obduction :platinum:

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak: Special Gigs :platinum:

Silent Hill 2 HD  10/28, 23%, A rank

Headlander :platinum:

Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault :platinum:

Htol#NiQ: The Firefly Diary :platinum:

79 trophies still unearned

KYC 9

Spoiler

Outcast: Second Contact  15/40, 31%, C rank

Monster Monpiece :platinum:

InnerSpace :platinum:

Moon Hunters  37/42, 78%, A rank

Mary Skelter: Nightmares :platinum:

Cat Quest :platinum:

Song of the Deep  3/10, 21%, C rank

Omega Quintet :platinum:

The Bard's Tale :platinum:

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken  17/30, 33%, B rank

50 trophies still unearned

Some progress on games from 9 but not a lot of other work done on older titles.  Told myself I'll work on them this fall (not that I ever listen to myself).

Looking forward to great reviews and reprioritizing my backlog.  Maybe spend some money now and then too.

Starting tomorrow's month-long Vita assault on my completion with Game #1: Cosmic Star Heroine   See you all then!

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 3

Game #1 - Game of Thrones - Preview

L696136.png

While hte publishers have a fairly good track record (Atlus for US and Focus Home Interactive for PAL), the studio that made the game isn't too well-known (cyanide). Who seem to be mainly known for the Tour de France games, although I've played the Styx series by them (which is good btw). So I'm neither too worried nor to excited about what awaits me with this title. Metacritic doesn't rate this much higher than Saw II (for whatever that's worth), and that one was absolute trash.

I still haven't actually finished watching the show, so I guess for now I'll just play the game. Don't know too much about it to be honest. I'm not sure, if the story is cannon or if it's just a quick cash grab. This game is an RPG, as such I'm expecting quests, good storytelling, exploration, skills, a lot of fighting and maybe crafting. Let's see how many of those boxes end up being ticked. I'm also curious to see how polished this is, for a licensed game.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

Earned one more trophy in .hack for getting all the cards, but that'll probably be it. I definitely won't be completing the books tonight, if I even play anymore. Tired of the grind.. So, anyways, here are my stats.

Starting stats:

Games Played: 606

Games Completed: 506

Trophies Earned: 19,736

Unearned Trophies: 1,533

Completion Percentage: 92.05%