Kill Your Completion X

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Game #1 - Game of Thrones - Preview

L696136.png

While hte publishers have a fairly good track record (Atlus for US and Focus Home Interactive for PAL), the studio that made the game isn't too well-known (cyanide). Who seem to be mainly known for the Tour de France games, although I've played the Styx series by them (which is good btw). So I'm neither too worried nor to excited about what awaits me with this title. Metacritic doesn't rate this much higher than Saw II (for whatever that's worth), and that one was absolute trash.

I still haven't actually finished watching the show, so I guess for now I?ll just play the game. Don't know too much about it to be honest. I'm not sure, if the story is cannon or if it's just a quick cash grab. This game is an RPG, as such I'm expecting quests, good storytelling, exploration, skills, a lot of fighting and maybe crafting. Let's see how many of those boxes end up being ticked. I'm also curious to see how polished this is, for a licensed game.

I played this for 360 back when it was released. Much like the telltale game you do not actually need to know the full story since it is a side story that supposedly happens during the same time frame. What I remember of was just ok at best. Let's see tomorrow what you think of it.

Update 001

L938e3e.png

Status Update

It's July 1st in my location now. I will start Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness now. 

Edited by SixyLove
Retro fitted my old status updates with my new (totally not stolen) update format. I'm using Hyperdimension Neptunia PP image for general status updates, I will replace the image eventually. Nobody is playing Hyperdimension Neptunia PP for this event so

Starting stats for me

Games played: 342

Games completed: 200

Completion %: 71.51%

Unearned trophies: 2,890

Comparing to KYC 9's start, I've increased both played and completed games by 12, increased completion % by 1.64% and lowered unearned trophies by 8. Overall, a good recovery from that KYC.

While I'll still be playing Dragon Quest XI throughout the event, I'll be starting my first game, and to not overlap with the PS4 for now, I'll tackle the two Vita games first.

• Like 2

Have fun everyone.  It's July here, so here's where I'm starting from:  96.28% completion.

Fun fact:  According to my records that's the exact same percentage I started KYC 7 with and I believe is also the highest I've ever had.  Time to knock it down a little.  ;)

• Like 2

Well I played 90 minutes of my first game Sonic mania, never liked sonic as a kid and I still don't lol, not sure why I even tried it, I'm going to swap it out for The witness can't play any more of that haha got 1 trophy though rip, only thing I liked was the music.

7 hours ago, Angelo Urkel said:

Well, uhm, the game is trash.

Every aspect of the game is less than average, the controls are clunky and stiff. The only somewhat positive side of the game is the plot.

6 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I played this for 360 back when it was released. Much like the telltale game you do not actually need to know the full story since it is a side story that supposedly happens during the same time frame. What I remember of was just ok at best. Let's see tomorrow what you think of it.

I have a fairly high tolerance for what is generally considered a bad game. I played both Risen games, and found them passable gameplay-wise. What killed the enjoyment on those was the constant framerate stutter in 2 and the final third of the 3rd game literally didn't render in the environment (aka your gameworld was pitch black with the only visible object being torches on walls): So as long as it doesn't have technical issues, it shouldn't ruin the gam for me entirely.

4 hours ago, Together_Comic said:

Game 1: Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas 

-4GAGREmDsrmWO9Sbc1yHNOfHFB18fvGnO_54W5d5M-PIg7t3QlP2HQ3sVPrdkem0TYl4hNSs3QM2X-nRzvxbVHhYvJo3_4vR-kwWEims-VsAtQzfeXn4w1j0_K-AQlJeUX5xgZw

A short story about how this game came to find itself in my backlog: So I know almost nothing about this game other than the fact that is supposedly similar in style to the Legend of Zelda (Yay), has music by Nobou Uematsu (Double Yay), and fishing (Not so Yay).  I discovered it on a list of interesting Vita titles that you may have missed that someone posted on reddit and as someone who is constantly trying to justify their poor choice to purchase a Vita I bought it on PS4 for some reason. For $7.99 Its be worth a shot and I picked it up and here we are.

E: Formating

Just out of curiosiy. Are you playing the PS4 or Vita version

1 hour ago, iEatS0ULZ said:

Well I played 90 minutes of my first game Sonic mania, never liked sonic as a kid and I still don't lol, not sure why I even tried it, I'm going to swap it out for The witness can't play any more of that haha got 1 trophy though rip, only thing I liked was the music.

Sorrry, but now swapping out of games that have been started. I Otherwise people would keep swapping out constantly, whenver they didn-t like a game. If you really don't want to continue playing the Sonic game, play a game that isn't part of your list instead, until it's time tor your 2nd game.

You're also free to still switch out games from your list while the event is ongoing. The caveat to this is that the game you want to switch out hasn't been started by you yet.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

12 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

@voodoo_eyes The next event will be in the fall, right? I know this one just started, but never hurts to plan ahead. xD 

Yeah, it'll be in November.

6 minutes ago, Ashuri-B said:

Game 1 Preview: Beholder Complete Edition (July 1st - July 3rd)
Lec3386.png

Game Stats:

919 Game Owners; 117 (12.73%) Platinum Achievers; 19% Average Completion
49 Trophies (1P/2G/12S/34B)

It's one of my favourite games. The timing to finish up a few of the objectives in time can be tight, especially if you're going for the optimal ending. Worth playing without a guide the first time around though.

Still hoping for the 2nd one to come to PS4 as well.

29 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It's one of my favourite games. The timing to finish up a few of the objectives in time can be tight, especially if you're going for the optimal ending. Worth playing without a guide the first time around though.

Still hoping for the 2nd one to come to PS4 as well.

Me too! I played the demo for the 2nd one and really hope it ports over soon. I have a lot of computer games but I usually rebuy on console if I can. Graveyard Keeper coming out recently has been a huge excitement to me and if I can afford it by the end of the month it may replace one of my games on my list! 

@Ashuri-B I have only watched 2 episodes of Psycho-Pass (Episodes 1 & 2 of season 1) back in 2015. The reason I didn't watch the rest was because I stopped watching anime at the time; I've tried to get into anime again several times over the years, I usually binge a series or two then get too busy with gaming again. I remember liking the show a lot and can still remember parts of what I saw really well.

On 27.6.2019 at 1:40 PM, Angelo Urkel said:
  • F1 2010
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Heavy Rain
  • Saints Row IV Re-Elected
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Tricky Towers
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order

I decided to cut Final Fantasy X and to replace it with Bioshock. The main reason is that I've finished FFX about 15 times since 2002, while I stopped playing Bioshock on PS3 about halfway through the game on one of my old accounts.

So, the new and hopefully final list is

• Bioshock (PS4)
  • F1 2010 (PS3)
  • Heavy Rain (PS4)
  • Saints Row IV Re-Elected (PS4)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
  • Tricky Towers (PS4)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)

@voodoo_eyes

Edited by Angelo Urkel
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

You are presented with information on a case before you, such as facts, witnesses, evidence, etc.

Sounds kind of like Papers, Please. So do you walk around and look at stuff or are you stuck behind the bench. Graphically is it more like L.A. Noire or Papers, Please?