Kill Your Completion X

53 minutes ago, SixyLove said:

IF is far from being considered a new character. IF was first introduced in Hyperdimension Neptunia (the first game) and was your third party member. She is a main character in the main line Neptunia series and I believe she makes at least a minor appearance in the spin-offs. It's very easy to miss her if you're not familiar with her character in games like Megatagmension Blanc + Neptunia VS Zombies due to her bland appearance and lack of story involvement.

It can be argued that the IF in this game is a new character because she is a different IF then the ones in other games. She wheres different clothes from all the other IFs and has a different backstory. She shares the same personality and combats almost identically. There is also a bunch of Neptunia Universe lore that I don't feel like getting into.

My apologies.  My Neptunia exposure consists of spin-offs, this game and Megatagmension Blanc (where I don't even remember seeing IF but I'll take your word that she's there), and intermittent videos that I've seen and discussions I've read.  I'm not well versed in the lore of Neptunia.  Thanks again for the very comprehensive look into this game. I'm enjoying it so far though it's nothing spectacular. Only have a few more characters to finish fully recruiting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyes I'm going to make a change to my list. Became much less interested in this Sonic game when I read a patch has made it more difficult. Possibly a lot more difficult. And I don't even know how interested I was to begin with. Never owned a Sega console, and only remember liking one Sonic game. That was Adventure DX, which is nothing like the old ones which this is modeled after.. Think it's better to play another game I paid money for than waste my time with it. 

So, if you could replace it with Lollipop Chainsaw, that would be great. :) See which one of these "school girl fighting zombies" games is the better one. Have a feeling I already know the answer, but I could be surprised. :P

Done. Can't go wrong with Suda51.

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I failed the challenge. I missed my second day of Game #5 because I woke up at 4 PM and spent all day playing Dragon Quest Builders, so I didn't have time to play my game. :(

I'll try to play the game after I get off from gym and grocery shopping tomorrow but I only participated in Game #5 two out of the three days I was supposed to.

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Next Up: FIFA 18.

- Sony really messed up with their July PS+ lineup and inexplicably dropped PES from the lineup.  Are we really at this point in society where a couple people cry on Twitter and the first reaction is to cave to the internet Jacobins? :hmm:

Anyways, I decided to stick with the soccer/futbol theme and went with FIFA 18.  I like national team play more then league play and this game from last year included the World Cup. Unfortunately, it's Day 3 for this game and I haven't touched my PS4 all weekend. It's doubtful I will hit thre three-hour mark on this one but that's how the summer goes around here. 

I have my doubts about Sony switching out the games, because of the usual backlash. It probably has to do with the deal between Sony and Konami itself. Could just have picked the wrong month really. All it did was once again exemplify, how major companies are terrible at hiring PR people.

I use to love FIFA games, and played them since the very first one ('94). They've been a bit like Windows OS, in that they tend to alternate beween good and bad every other installment Although personally I think they've just been bad since FIFA 16.THey're a good palate cleansier between games though.

P.S. Also added The Invisible Hours to the wishlist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I have my doubts about Sony switching out the games, because of the usual backlash. It probably has to do with the deal between Sony and Konami itself. Could just have picked the wrong month really. All it did was once again exemplify, how major companies are terrible at hiring PR people.

I use to love FIFA games, and played them since the very first one ('94). They've been a bit like Windows OS, in that they tend to alternate beween good and bad every other installment Although personally I think they've just been bad since FIFA 16.THey're a good palate cleansier between games though.

P.S. Also added The Invisible Hours to the wishlist.

Hope you are right about PES. I was thinking they might have some future licensing issues with the various Euro leagues that are in the game.

- I think you'll really like The Invisible Hours. Your review of Sexy Brutale from a few KYC's ago, got a bunch of us to play it and I think the consensus was that everyone enjoyed it.

I forgot to mention in my review, to not look at any trophy lists as there are a few spoilers in the trophy descriptions.  No walkthrough is needed either, as nothing is missable.  There's one trophy that will require a second playthrough, but that won't require much effort because you can sort of auto-play it. 

After finishing Final Fantasy XIII two days ago, my motivation to continue dropped below zero. I started XIII-2 in the meantime, but the story of this game sucks ass and I really don't wanna continue. The other stuff is boring as well. Wolfenstein is so bland and uninspired, its mere existence is a disgrace to all good shooters out there. Maybe I should do what I initially had in mind: Play Final Fantasy X. Or Mass Effect 2. Or Half-Life 3. Or just with my balls. After 30 years of gaming, my passion for video games seems to be at an all-time low.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Game #5 - Burnout Paradise Remastered - Final Impressions

L01dab3.png

Time played: 3-4h

Trophies earned: 25/95

(Your review)

Have you played some of the games previous to Burnout Paradise (mainly the PS2 games like Burnout 2,3, Revenge and Dominator)? If yes, what is your opinion of what happenned to the franchise with this game?

2 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Have you played some of the games previous to Burnout Paradise (mainly the PS2 games like Burnout 2,3, Revenge and Dominator)? If yes, what is your opinion of what happenned to the franchise with this game?

Nope, never played any of the Burnout games before trying out this one.

15 hours ago, Peitschen-Rudi said:

After finishing Final Fantasy XIII two days ago, my motivation to continue dropped below zero. I started XIII-2 in the meantime, but the story of this game sucks ass and I really don't wanna continue. The other stuff is boring as well. Wolfenstein is so bland and uninspired, its mere existence is a disgrace to all good shooters out there. Maybe I should do what I initially had in mind: Play Final Fantasy X. Or Mass Effect 2. Or Half-Life 3. Or just with my balls. After 30 years of gaming, my passion for video games seems to be at an all-time low.

Ooops, I posted this while being logged in to the wrong account. :giggle:

• Like 1

So, I got the plat for Game of Thrones  and my opinion on it didn-t change really. It's a decent game, that lacks polish.Unfotunately it overstays it's welcome a bit, as some of the chapters seem to drag on for way too long.. There's also 3 different endings and one plot twist towards the end, that I didn't quite see coming. THe final boss fight was way too easy, compared to a lot of the other fights in this game, that was a bit of an odd one.

In other news, I'll also be making a couple of changes to my list. I'm replacing Battlefield 1 and Torment: Tides of Numenara with Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and Pillars of Eterntiy respectively.

• Like 3