DaRe's Trophy Adventures

DaRe

DaRe's Trophy Adventures [IN CONTRUCTION]

[NVh9U.png

Banner Made by SniperFox

Introduction

Let me introduce myself a bit. My name is K9_Rage_Mastr, but most people call me DaRe. I'm 22 years old, and i've been gaming for 19 years, starting with the GameBoy Color.

-----

Legend

Spoiler

Game Difficulty: 1 2 3 | 4 5 6 | 7 8 | 9 10

Fun Factor:

+++ | Favorites
++ | Still very enjoyable after :platinum: 
| Enjoyable game; less so after :platinum:
+~ | Average game after :platinum:
| Average game overall
-~ | Not that enjoyable after :platinum:
| Not that enjoyable overall
-- | Not enjoyable at all
--- | Least Favorites

Generally, I'll be discussing each game under a few categories loosely:

Gameplay

Story?

Experiences

If it was fun or not

Difficulty

Platinum Trophies

===

Pre-Trophy Hunter (2010)

Spoiler

There was a time before I defined myself as a trophy hunter: the days before I looked at trophy guides or knew what they were, the days where I was inexperienced in trophy hunting, where hearing the trophy ping was a fresh sensation, the days when I was 14 years old owning a PS3 for the first (and only; I still own it) time. These were the days of a younger DaRe before he called himself "DaRe". Basically, these were the days where it all started, for better or worse.

1. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (3)(+++)

:platinum: A Lombax Triumphant | July 4, 2010 ~ 12:26am Pacific 

----------

This was my first platinum trophy! It also happened to be a U.S. Holiday when I got it; I guess you can say it was the start of my mild "obsession" with getting trophies on special days. About the game itself: I rented it twice, and not only is it of my all-time favorites games in the series and overall. I remember looking into this game quite a lot after I got addicted to Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters for the PSP... a good while before I got a PS3. This is actually one of the few times a game's lived up to the hype I generated for myself. The gameplay was not only familiar in the way most games in the series are, but it was also refreshing with the added features and gameplay mechanics (like the hoverboots, for example) that kept this game alive for me through the platinum (the only other R&C game I played outside of Size Matters at the time was Deadlocked). This was also around the time I had box televisions... you know, the old kind that were popular before flat-screen TV's were a big thing, so I never got to fully-experience the graphics it had to offer (for most of the platinums, I won't mention graphics too much for that reason). While the series isn't exactly known for its story, I found the plot engaging in large part due to the characters, and it really felt like the series could end on a good note if A Crack in Time was the final game. Despite how much I loved the game, I haven't re-played it since I got the final trophy, even though I have a copy of it now.

----------

2. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (4)(+)

:platinum: NFS Hot Pursuit Elite | December 31, 2010 ~ 2:50pm Pacific

----------

It was on Christmas Day of 2010 when I opened the box to this game for the first time. To be brief: I've been a Need for Speed fan since I was 7, when I played Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit for the PS1... six years after it released. It didn't matter; the game was a lot of fun, and that, along with Midnight Club's 1 and 2 for the PS2, sparked my love for racing games and fascination for cars. 

But it was on that Christmas Day when I played the latest iteration of the Hot Pursuit sub-series for the first time, and at first, I enjoyed the game a lot. I enjoyed the scenery of each region of Seacrest County, the actual racing, and playing as the cop. The game found a way to properly balance the racers and police in the way where one didn't seem too overpowered over another. It was easy to like playing as one side or another, but ultimately I preferred being a racer, only because I like being the 'outlaw' whenever a game gives me that opportunity. Thankfully, the map never felt too small nor too big; it was just enough space to feel plentiful, yet not overwhelming. Car customization was limited to just paint, which I didn't mind at all, even during an age where body kits, rims, and other areas of rich customization were expected from a new Need for Speed game (and racing games overall). Story in this game? Nah. Racing games usually don't have (or need) an elaborate story, and those that do often take away from the racing experience or its pacing. In this case, the game's 'story' is a straightforward, "bust all racers" in the police campaign and "be the best racer" in the racer campaign. Unfortunately, the game became a grindfest towards the end, and when I got through it, I was burned out. It doesn't help that I essentially rushed to get the platinum, earning it on New Years' Eve in my local time. It was then, when I learned how earning a trophy can derail a game for me. Either way, I was happy with my second platinum to end my debut year as a trophy collector.

----------

Casual Trophy Hunter Phase 1 (2011)

Spoiler

3. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racconus (2)(++)

:platinum: Thievius Racoonus | March 10, 2011 ~ 8:07pm Pacific

----------

I turned 15 in 2011, and on my birthday, I received the Sly Collection! As someone who had never played a Sly Cooper game prior to this, I was pretty excited to experience one of PS2's most iconic franchises in its remastered, polished state. Naturally, I thought it would be the most rewarding to play the games in their chronological order, so I started with the Thievius Raccoonus (I love that name). The story was sufficient enough, and the gameplay was very engaging, especially during sections where I had to be really sneaky to avoid as many dangerous situations as possible. There was also a nice level of simplicity to the gameplay; it didn't feel underwhelming in any way. I managed to beat the game the same day, but going back to get the rest of the trophies never felt boring to me, and even after I got the platinum trophy, I found myself playing this game again on a few occasions. In a way, it reminded me of my PS2 days, both aesthetically and gameplay-wise, yet it never felt outdated to me at all, which was a testament to Sanzaru Games for a proper remaster (again, never played the series before that, so I can't compare the remaster to the original release properly). It's definitely a great start to the series!

----------

4. Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4)(++)

:platinum: Unlikely Bandit |  March 24, 2011 ~ 6:16pm Pacific

----------

Second game of the trilogy, and is, in my opinion, the best of the trilogy. The gameplay has enhanced, the story got even more interesting, and each of the characters seemed to evolved a bit. Murray is more macho, but he's still a cool and important character of the game. Bentley is awesome, I don't care what anyone says! Of course Sly is cooler than ever as well. The graphics were less basic than Sly 1, and the cities you explore in are more in depth and open. There's also new and old techniques each character has that not just impacts the story, but also your mischievous experience with the Sly gang. Definitely like coming back to this game every once in a while. The only thing bad about this game for me was the bugs that had me restart my PS3, but not a big deal since it didn't happen too often.

----------

Game Rating: 9/10

Game Difficulty: 4/10

5. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

1Ld1830e.png

Master Thief

(details pending)

6. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

1Le61130.png

Platinum

(details pending)

7. Brink

1L4e8300.png

Time to sleep

(details pending)

8. inFamous

1L6729ce.png

inFamous Platinum Trophy

(details pending)

9. inFAMOUS 2

1L59b7b3.png

inFAMOUS 2 Platinum Trophy

(details pending)

10. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja: Storm 2

1Lff36bf.png

A prefect Storm Master

(details pending)

11. WipEout HD

1Lbb1e1b.png

Transcendence

(details pending)

12. Burnout Paradise

1L526548.png

Burnout Paradise Elite

(details pending)

13. Spare Parts

1L3be534.png

Platinum Trophy

(details pending)

14. LittleBigPlanet 2

1L8d60cc.png

100% Complete

(details pending)

Currently Working On

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

(pic and details pending)

there will be more on the way. :)

-------

Edited by DaRe
I'M BACK LMAO

You have been gaming since you were 2?! :o

Looking forward to seeing this one getting all spruced up :pimp:

hmm should I make one :hmm:

yup. Been Videogaming since 1998 :pimp:

and it depends if you really want to take the time to update it every once in a while, lte alone posting it in the first place. I say update after you do little things and not wait too long so you won't get overwhelmed over one update :P

yup. Been Videogaming since 1998 :pimp:

and it depends if you really want to take the time to update it every once in a while, lte alone posting it in the first place. I say update after you do little things and not wait too long so you won't get overwhelmed over one update :P

Damn that makes me feel old, my favourite game is older than you! :o in fact I have the disc that is older than you as well!!!

Well I wouldn't mind updating the thing every now and then and I do like the look of the things :hmm:

Great start Dare, I'd like to see your summary/opinion on the games. I'd start a trophy checklist of my own, but I don't have many plats. I'll do one later on..

thanks, i will update more when i have more free time :P

Someone thinks he's special for making the first checklist :P

Ill be creating one once you can use more bbcode :)

i bet if you made the first checklist you'd feel special too :P

Cool, another one. Now there's two of us :yay:

I beat you to it :awesome:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

but...but... mine was the first to be in the sub-forum :P:(

You beat me out my a year, I started gaming when I was 3 (although that was in 1988 :D)

Nice start on a checklist good to see these being brought over. Hopefully with enough of them we can get a subforum.

ha! i was born a gamer :P

and thanks. i plan on working on my checklist in a different format than on the other site, not because of the BBCodes, but because i want to try a new style over here :P

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Bumping my super old, crusty trophy checklist. I'm gonna have to give it a HUGE overhaul in the near future. 

ALL OF THIS STUFF IS SUPER OLD LMAO

For reference, I have 36 platinum trophies now; last time I touched this checklist (all I did was change my age, I'm not 15 anymore xD) was waaaaay back in 2011. Geez.

I'll have to create a format that's suitable for me before I add/change anything meaningful here, so look out for future updates. ?