James Cameron Will Develop Battle Angel in 2017

xzero4812

So good news for us old skool manga heads is that James Cameron still has the rights to making a battle angel film and has confirmed that after completing his avatar trilogy that he will develop the movie with effects similar to avatar. Im glad that hes committed to it and if enough buzz stirrs around they may even continue an anime adaption of the series

battle+angel+alita.jpg

• 5 years later...

Good news? I was given the impression most of the manga fans either weren't interested in this live-action film (because why would they be?), or just worried the film would be a bastardization. I suppose this just goes to show that there will always be at least two sides to something like this, which is nice. @xzero4812 Did you end up enjoying the film yourself? I hope you did.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Film was great. Saw it in IMAX 3D and now I own it on 3D Blu ray. First Hollywood film to based on a manga and be good. Edge of tomorrow doesn't count. 

What about The Matrix which is basically a Ghost In The Shell tribute?

On 8/6/2019 at 3:43 AM, grifteskymfning said:

What about The Matrix which is basically a Ghost In The Shell tribute?

I mean. Inception was inspired by Paprika. But it doesn't matter. Needs to be based. Not inspired or tribute.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Titan said:

I mean. Inception was inspired by Paprika. But it doesn't matter. Needs to be based. Not inspired or tribute.

5-Hollywood-Movies-Whose-Plot-Were-Stole

When the Wachowski sisters pitched the idea to the studio they showed them Ghost In The Shell and said "we want to make our own version of this", I'd argue that this is basing a movie on an anime. Other animes that got great "remakes" in Hollywould are Perfect Blue that turned into Black Swan, The Lion King is somewhat based on Kimba The White Lion. And in my book, Pacific Rim is basically Neon Genesis Evangelion.