Trivia & Dodgeball not appearing

ijacob9876

I don’t know, can’t figure out the schedule either.  Only have seen Dodgeball twice on a Saturday and Sunday and it was definitely not there on the following Monday and Tuesday.  Is it weekend only?  

For trivia, it used to be every night like clockwork but noticed it was recently dropped, probably temporary?  But they could be done, who knows.

Trivia used to be every night on the dot at 9:00 EDT but has not been active the last week or so.  It is possible it comes back.

Dodgeball has never appeared on my calendar despite checking all the time over the last month.  I found it twice (both on weekends) at 15-20 after the hour going over near the barbershop.   But I check at the exact same times during the week and it is never there.  Is it weekend only or suppose to be daily?

I saw Trivia appear last week, but the issue for us Europeans is that it seems to be at a real shitty time (generally 1AM). Not a good time for people that have full-time jobs. Maybe now the season has finished that means Trivia has stopped as well..? No idea why they didn't just do it like they did in 2K18.

As for Dodgeball, the event itself isn't on today but it is also a part of the 2K Compete hour. It is the second event, so it starts at 6.20PM GMT time. Only participated a few times but have come 2nd three times. Nearly resulted in a broken controller. ?

EDIT: Have sent a tweet to 2K Support about Trivia. If they bother responding I'll post it here. Maybe if others message them too then at least someone is likely to get a response.

Edited by Cyvnyde

23 hours ago, ijacob9876 said:

reckscollie, what do you mean take note of the time? I haven't seen any scheduled events in the neighborhood since I have started playing last weekend.

I'm going to be real annoyed if they don't exist anymore.

Last week I saw Trivia and Dodgeball schedule. I was able to attend Trivia cause it says 10 pm Japan time. I waited an hour before so I can join. Unfortunatel, I didn't make it in time for dodgeball.

On 20/6/2019 at 11:08 PM, ijacob9876 said:

I know Trivia and Dodgeball are both timed events but I have not seen any events pop up in over a week, especially those two. Are the events not coming back or is it coincidence?

I've achieved Dodgeball trophy yesterday evening.

There are 2 kinds of event where you can do so:

- "2K Compete Hour" (20minutes after the beginning) (7pm UCT+1)

- "Dodgeball" (10am - 11am UCT+1)

It seems they appear at random days.. it's annoying that there isn't a schedule for those.

Hope it helps.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, israellaks said:

I can't believe I will not plat this game due a stupid trivia trophy, I can't believe!!

yeah, I am surprised it was removed and Dodgeball for that matter; I only got to play twice and finished 3rd-4th both times, I should have looked for it more actively.

But you have a long ways to go to be able to plat.  There are a lot of other showstoppers even though they are technically achievable.  Trivia may still come back but the longer it is off, the bleaker it looks.

After speaking with 2K Support, I can confirm that trivia has gone. So after only 9 months of the game's release, the plat is unobtainable if you haven't really gotten that particular trophy.

@israellaks I agree with @djb5f. You already had a long way to go, even if you had that trophy. G.O.A.T. on its own can literally take months. Also, at this point, Undefeated is looking crazy hard, as GO cards have been released for a few months now and a lot of people that play the Unlimited mode have stacked out teams. NBA 2K games are one of the few games I don't even attempt the plats on due to them being just ridiculous. I personally go for what I can in them but I think if I fully attempted the plats, I would lose my like of the game as a whole.

Edited by Cyvnyde

8 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

After speaking with 2K Support, I can confirm that trivia has gone. So after only 9 months of the game's release, the plat is unobtainable if you haven't really gotten that particular trophy.

@israellaks I Agree with @djb5f. You already had a long way to go, even if you had that trophy. G.O.A.T. on its own can literally take months. Also, at this point, Undefeated is looking crazy hard, as GO cards have been released for a few months now and a lot of people that play the Unlimited mode have stacked out teams. NBA 2K games are one of the few games I don't even attempt the plats on due to them being just ridiculous. I personally go for what I can in them but I think if I fully attempted the plats, I would lose my like of the game as a whole.

I got the plat for the only other NBA 2K game I played (2K16, thanks PS Plus) and enjoyed the game, so I had to pick it another on the series but already made the decision not to go for plat on this one, more difficult than 2K16 and not putting that many hours into it.

That is too bad about Trivia.  Do you know if Dodgeball is gone forever too?

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

I got the plat for the only other NBA 2K game I played (2K16, thanks PS Plus) and enjoyed the game, so I had to pick it another on the series but already made the decision not to go for plat on this one, more difficult than 2K16 and not putting that many hours into it.

That is too bad about Trivia.  Do you know if Dodgeball is gone forever too?

Dodgeball is still technically possible. The event itself seems to have stopped but the 2K Compete event is still around once a day at weekends and part of that event includes Dodgeball. My tactic when I achieved it was to essentially stay out of the way and let everyone eliminate each other. Fortunately, I snuck up on the only remaining player just as they eliminated another guy and planted a b-ball right in his face. A similar tactic to what I've seen on YouTube videos but I use the back alley area behind the training facility as there's a nice little corner that no one seemed to check. :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

Dodgeball is still technically possible. The event itself seems to have stopped but the 2K Compete event is still around once a day at weekends and part of that event includes Dodgeball. My tactic when I achieved it was to essentially stay out of the way and let everyone eliminate each other. Fortunately, I snuck up on the only remaining player just as they eliminated another guy and planted a b-ball right in his face. A similar tactic to what I've seen on YouTube videos but I use the back alley area behind the training facility as there's a nice little corner that no one seemed to check. :)

Thanks, I think that must be where I found it before, dodgeball was never on my calendar as its own event and I found it on weekends around 7:20 EDT.

Everyone seemed to be hiding in alleys at the beginning.  I knocked some people out of my alley but when the clock counts down and you have to go to the statue, it becomes harder as people can come at you from all angles.

Good to know that I can still try on weekends if I am around at the designated time.

Thanks, I think that must be where I found it before, dodgeball was never on my calendar as its own event and I found it on weekends around 7:20 EDT.

Everyone seemed to be hiding in alleys at the beginning.  I knocked some people out of my alley but when the clock counts down and you have to go to the statue, it becomes harder as people can come at you from all angles.

Good to know that I can still try on weekends if I am around at the designated time.

Using my tactic I mentioned, as the timer counts down, there are some crates you can hide behind as you go back toward the centre of the Neighbourhood. I generally stayed behind the crates until the last 15(ish) seconds and then went to the centre. By that point, there was only 1-2 others left max.

If you need me to show you then let me know. Can either show you directly or take screenshots and send to you via PSN.

1 minute ago, Cyvnyde said:

Using my tactic I mentioned, as the timer counts down, there are some crates you can hide behind as you go back toward the centre of the Neighbourhood. I generally stayed behind the crates until the last 15(ish) seconds and then went to the centre. By that point, there was only 1-2 others left max.

If you need me to show you then let me know. Can either show you directly or take screenshots and send to you via PSN.

I should be able to find since you described it as a back alley with a crate behind the training center.  As long as I can find a dodgeball game again!  I will scout it out beforehand.

I hid behind a building on the other side behind the tattoo shop and had to get rid of another already there or someone else coming in as the game was going on. Both games still had 8-10 players left out of 18-20 when the Iverson statue clock started.   

I should be able to find since you described it as a back alley with a crate behind the training center.  As long as I can find a dodgeball game again!  I will scout it out beforehand.

I hid behind a building on the other side behind the tattoo shop and had to get rid of another already there or someone else coming in as the game was going on. Both games still had 8-10 players left out of 18-20 when the Iverson statue clock started.   

Go behind that back alley and stay behind the dumpster. :)

I think there are a lot of big variables involved with this trophy, despite all the tips. How many others are participating, how many are "hiding", how many times they've participated in the event previously, etc.

I didn't like that mode too much as the controls were just horrible. You just slightly tap the right stick and the camera shifts 45 degrees. Not ideal in an event that requires precision.

Anyway, good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, israellaks said:

No trivia, no plat for me. I'm depressed :P

Actually looking at your profile, you have gotten a plat for every NBA 2K back to 2014, quite impressive.  Sorry that happened to you, you will have to settle for a 98%?  ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Actually looking at your profile, you have gotten a plat for every NBA 2K back to 2014, quite impressive.  Sorry that happened to you, you will have to settle for a 98%?  ;)

Many thanks, but most of them are for ps3 (long grind, not challenging itself). For PS4 I completed only 2K16. :)

Edited by israellaks
  • Like 1

It shouldn't be allowed to disable ingame features that are necessary for plat. Or at least for a time period of 1-2 years after release.
I mean, there are a lot of trophy-hunters out there, that keep playin' and buyin' games just for one purpose.
I was concious, that i would never achieve plat, experienced by older 2k-games, but it still leaves me a bitter taste at least not to be able to win even those "easy" trophies .