SnowFleurz

Difficulty setting

7 posts in this topic

Do the selected difficulty setting make relic time trials, N. Tropy and Oxide time trials harder?

I'm not sure about the relics. I think the times might change a few seconds based on difficulty. But the CTR challenges are definitely easier because you also have to finish in first place while collecting the letters.

I imagine it would make the time trials more difficult, however, if you're solely going for the trophies. Then you can earn 100% game completion on an easier difficulty, and then only complete the 16 main races on Hard and defeat Oxide to get the trophy. Depends on what you're going for. 

6 hours ago, TerminatarMnA said:

I imagine it would make the time trials more difficult, however, if you're solely going for the trophies. Then you can earn 100% game completion on an easier difficulty, and then only complete the 16 main races on Hard and defeat Oxide to get the trophy. Depends on what you're going for. 

I'm playing on normal right now, planning to for the 100% playthrough.

However, if beating N. tropy and Oxide will be harder on Normal than Easy I was thinking about starting over on easy..

..I remember never beating Oxide as a kid.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but you choosing difficulty for Adventure mode, and it has nothing to do with time trials, there are constant times for N. Trophy and Oxide for every one.

Also, the access to the time trails thought the main menu, not the Adventure mode

As @HworanG_1 pointed out, the time trials are not part of the Adventure mode. However, as said before, the CTR races can be very difficult on medium and maybe even impossible on hard difficulty. Some of the letters are placed in such way that you will immediatelly drop to last place while picking it up.

Same here, not sure if I should switch to easy for those letters or stay on medium.