WARNING: Global Save corrupted - file deleted

Be careful when joining online lobbies, it gave me a bluescreen as I tried to join my friend's lobby. Apparently it deleted my save so my account was completely reset to 0.

Luckily PS+ cloud had saved my progress so I downloaded it again... BUT.

+I was able to recover my story progress and current coins

-I lost all unlocked boss characters, karts, decals and skins etc unlocked from story mode

-My stats (victories) from adventure mode was reset, so lost those 10win skins too

This is super strange, as I have still  completed stuff from adventure mode but everything unlocked has been locked again...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Be careful when joining online lobbies, it gave me a bluescreen as I tried to join my friend's lobby. Apparently it deleted my save so my account was completely reset to 0.

Luckily PS+ cloud had saved my progress so I downloaded it again... BUT.

+I was able to recover my story progress and current coins

-I lost all unlocked boss characters, karts, decals and skins etc unlocked from story mode

-My stats (victories) from adventure mode was reset, so lost those 10win skins too

This is super strange, as I have still  completed stuff from adventure mode but everything unlocked has been locked again...

Damn bro that sucks :(

Online is indeed broken, getting kicked randomly from lobbies, no players available to play at all and it actually crashed 1s away from starting the race, thankfully nothing was lost...

I'll stay away from Online mode until a new patch comes in, thanks for the heads-up!

2 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

Damn bro that sucks :(

Online is indeed broken, getting kicked randomly from lobbies, no players available to play at all and it actually crashed 1s away from starting the race, thankfully nothing was lost...

I'll stay away from Online mode until a new patch comes in, thanks for the heads-up!

Hopefully it's just the online mode so one can avoid it, but according to the twitter link I posted above - could it also happen offline?

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Hopefully it's just the online mode so one can avoid it, but according to the twitter link I posted above - could it also happen offline?

From what I've read, it looks like it happened to him while he was playing the Time Trial...

Hate when stuff like this happens :/

While recording the videos for Powerpyx my save got busted as well. I had to re-do MANY oxide trials multiple times. When recovering my old savefile from cloud, it didn't really help at all => it made everything worse. When using my savefile my game kept freezing vey often, the most races i could do without freeze was probably 3.

I kept uploading my savefile after each Oxide Trial and re-downloading it after every freeze/data corruption, which was approximately 50 times (not a joke).

Right now I had to delete my 100% complete save file with all Oxides beaten. With a fresh savefile the game stopped freezing for me after every 2 races at least, have to re-do all the stuff but I least I kept everything I bought from the Pit-Stop (my Ninja Penta Costume you have seen in the videos is safe :D).

I messaged beenox about it, but I gave up hope for using my old-savefile. Apparently once your savefile is busted, you kinda have to restart from the scratch or live with the freezes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DPthe32man said:

I lost all my adventure mode progress when I entered Tiny Temple, luckily I still have all coins and characters, but my save file got corrupted 

8 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

While recording the videos for Powerpyx my save got busted as well. I had to re-do MANY oxide trials multiple times. When recovering my old savefile from cloud, it didn't really help at all => it made everything worse. When using my savefile my game kept freezing vey often, the most races i could do without freeze was probably 3.

I kept uploading my savefile after each Oxide Trial and re-downloading it after every freeze/data corruption, which was approximately 50 times (not a joke).

Right now I had to delete my 100% complete save file with all Oxides beaten. With a fresh savefile the game stopped freezing for me after every 2 races at least, have to re-do all the stuff but I least I kept everything I bought from the Pit-Stop (my Ninja Penta Costume you have seen in the videos is safe :D).

I messaged beenox about it, but I gave up hope for using my old-savefile. Apparently once your savefile is busted, you kinda have to restart from the scratch or live with the freezes.

Then this is much bigger than just online mode, holy sht... 

So you keep the Pit Stop rewards if you delete the saves? I guess if I don't restart I'll have Roo, Papu and Komodo locked until fix

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

So you keep the Pit Stop rewards if you delete the saves? I guess if I don't restart I'll have Roo, Papu and Komodo locked until fix

In order to unlock the bosses again you'd have to delete your story progress as well and re-do the adventure again.

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

I still had the rewards yes. Got back to the game after lunch and now it has a patch 1.02, maybe it fixes the issues. 

3 minutes ago, Oblivion said:

The fact that this save data corruption glitch hasn't been addressed yet by Beenox is a major issue. I'm holding off on 101%'ing the game until they fix this.

My friend lost his adventure mode unlockables just from uploading/downloading his savefile to the PS+ cloud between his two PS4s, didn't bluescreen or anything. He just tried to switch between consoles

44 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

My friend lost his adventure mode unlockables just from uploading/downloading his savefile to the PS+ cloud between his two PS4s, didn't bluescreen or anything. He just tried to switch between consoles

Then I guess I’ll also lose my progress as my ps4 formats itself randomly (probably an internal hard drive issue) hopefully I can get the 101% before that happens

"CTR Nitro-Fueled PS4 players, an update that improves the online experience is now available for download. Updates for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch are in progress. We will continue to monitor performance & make adjustments accordingly. Thanks to our fans for sharing feedback."

- Beenox @ Twitter

Edited by gameoncomrade

1 minute ago, TastyBaton25 said:

I just got my data corrputed after finishing a time trial. I had 16 oxide times completed and only needed a few N Tropy times. Stuff like this really ruins the game.

Did the game crash? Damn that really sucks

3 minutes ago, TastyBaton25 said:

Yeah, game crashed and when I loaded backup it said my data has been corrupted, I don't have a backup either. Warning to everyone: Back up your save file.

Are you on update 1.02? I have crashed a plenty of times since 1.02 but haven't got my save corrupted again, earlier I was on 1.00 when it happened. Thought they had fixed it

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Are you on update 1.02? I have crashed a plenty of times since 1.02 but haven't got my save corrupted again, earlier I was on 1.00 when it happened. Thought they had fixed it

I am on 1.02 and this was my first time my game crashed so I must be very unlucky, never touched the online

People from Beenox/Activision are collecting feedback and bug reports here: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled-Feedback-and-Bug-Reporting/

Here's a direct link to feedback form: https://www.cvent.com/surveys/Questions/SurveyMain.aspx?r=43e4a29f-988c-429d-858f-f359d6ccd4aa&ma=0

I have already reported the issue with save files getting corrupted but if more people report it, the faster they will (hopefully) fix it.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

Literally just happened to me when doing time trials. Game froze up and then it wiped all my unlocks.. =( I am so gutted right now, spent the last couple of days beating time trials and for this to happen makes me not want to touch the game now... this is heartbreaking.

7 minutes ago, mistersinister4 said:

Literally just happened to me when doing time trials. Game froze up and then it wiped all my unlocks.. =( I am so gutted right now, spent the last couple of days beating time trials and for this to happen makes me not want to touch the game now... this is heartbreaking.

Really sorry to hear! It's crazy that time trials are doing this...

4 minutes ago, DrWho123456 said:

Crashed 2 times during Time Trials. I recommend to backup you saves after EVERY beaten Oxide trial (hopefully i was able to restore without a lose second time). Online is less issue.

Can backups to PS+ cloud really save time trials and unlocks from being deleted? @SnowNinjaRaccoon