Double Dipped Games

Sky_RykerXD

Basically games you love so much, that you have completed (or mostly) on one system and then bought again on another system.

Now, we aren't talking about fast plats/region stacks. Plenty of those threads already.

Titanfall 2 - BT! Titanfall 3 please.

No Man Sky - Modded on PC, vanilla on PS4. Good times.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - I have this on the PS2, though I never finished it. Same with Bully. Save file from 2006 but the textures looked terrible on the big screen (CRT jaggies). Grabbed on PS4 and finally finished the story. Might do Vice City because I never finished that either. Damn free roam.

Killing Floor 2 - So much fun, can't get enough. Way more achievements on Steam than PS4. Basically highest difficulty on every map vs just once on PS4... but it's harder with the controller vs m+kb.

I would do Mafia II again, but that 1000 miles is keeping me away.

I have more sitting in my PS4 backlog, but I'd like to see what other people have double dipped.

• Like 1

I have played the Resident evil series a number of times through. Have bought them re-released most times they came out. Same with the Uncharted series. Played both Destroy all humans on ps2 and again when released on ps4. will probably get the remaster. Borderlands 1 & 2 I have completed on ps3 and ps4. Ratchet & clank series I am going through again slowly on ps3 after having played them on ps2 way back in the day. 

• Like 1

Just Cause 2, althouh it being two fiddy on Steam helped, excellent game that was mindblowing at the time; pure, unadulterated fun. Too bad the sequels were absolute garbage made by some interns they squeezed into a cupboard in New York.

Dark Souls 1

Got it on Xbox 360, PS3, GFWL/Steam, PS4, and Switch and played through it multiple times on each, getting all the trophies/achievements if the platform has them

I have loads of games multiple times, but that's probably the one that stands out most. I even considered buying the Xbox One version just so I own it for every platform available, even though I don't actually have an Xbox One

• Like 1

I've played through a lot of games multiple times on various consoles. New Vegas, Borderlands 1 & 2, Vice City, updated/patched & unpatched versions of Harvest Moon DS, etc.

I can't remember all the different times I've done this. When I enjoy a game, I'll want to get it on multiple things and play it as much as I can. Just how I am

• Like 1

FFXIII, XIII-2, Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Graces F: I used to have an old account in a different region in Ireland, and had the platinum trophies in these 4 games. But I wanted to get a new account in the Jp region to use as my main account instead, as I was living in Japan and studying Japanese so I liked playing games in Japanese. So I bought these 4 games in the japanese version and redid all the platinums on this account, even the dreaded FF13 and super grindy Vesperia because I loved these games so much.

FFX, FFX-2: PS2, PS Vita- these are my favourite FF games.

I also played FF12 TZA as well as the original FF12 on ps2, but I guess it was a remaster with a lot of new features so not sure if this counts. 

The Kingdom Hearts games- I played all the originals plus the PS4 remakes

All from PS3 to PS4; BioShock Series, Borderlands 1 and 2, Skyrim, Tomb Raider, GTAV and Minecraft.

I played others on difrerent consoles like BioShock, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, and Skyrim on Xbox 360.

However I do need to eventually download the fanmade translation of the 2001 verison of White Day A Labrintyh Named School after I plat the 2017 verison. Though I may buy it again for either mobile, PC, or another region someday. (Not a fast quick platinum to region stack)

Edited by xAmaezingx
Added more games
  • Like 1

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - I played the Wii U version a lot so I goy the 3DS version because I wanted to play it on the go.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - It's the game I played on my 3DS that isn't Fire Emblem Awakening. I have the PS3 version because it came with the MGS Legacy collection.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd - I bought the Vita version because I enjoyed the PS3 version so much. They share the same trophy list so it's not stacking.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - I have both a NA and European copy. I got a European copy by mistake but the game works fine so it's all good. I bought a NA copy so I can play the DLC if I feel like it. Both regions have the share a trophy list.

Valkyria Chronicles - I own the PS3 and PS4 versions. I've completed the PS3 version and I'm currently ¾ of the way through the PS4 one. I bought the PS4 version because it has trophies (PS3 version doesn't have a list) and I wanted to playthrough the game again.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 - I have both a digital and a physical copy. I got the digital because I wanted to play the game as soon as it came out. I bought the collecters edition a 6 months later because I really wanted to own a physical copy and give SEGA as much money as possible.

• Like 1

Fuel - Bought the PS3 version at first; a couple of years later, I noticed that the PC version had a mod that I wanted to try out so bought that too.

Metal Gear Solid 2 & Metal Gear Solid 3 - Owned the originals for PS2; these were also part of The Legacy Collection on PS3.

Mirror's Edge - Triple dipped! Purchased the PC version first, but my computer wasn't quite good enough to run it without some frame rate drops, so I then bought it in a PSN sale. A few months ago, I found a physical copy for £0.99, and picked it up for a third time so I could delete the digital version and free up a few more gigabytes on my PS3's nearly full hard drive.

Portal 2 - Originally purchased from Steam, later picked up the PS3 version so that a friend and I could do couch co-op more easily.

Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Spinball - Owned the Mega Drive cartridges for 1, 2 and 3. Bought Sonic Mega Collection Plus for PS2 which featured all of these games. Bought Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection for PS3 which also has them all. And Sonic 1 can be unlocked in Sonic Generations. In total, that's 2 copies of S&K and Sonic Spinball, 3 copies of Sonic 2 and Sonic 3, and 4 copies of the original Sonic The Hedgehog.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Got the PC version from Steam, then bought the Tomb Raider Trilogy for PS3 (Anniversary, Legend and Underworld).

Diablo 3 (PC when infernal was around, PS3, PS4)

Skyrim (PS3, PS4)

Dragons Dogma (PS3, PS4)

Witcher 3 (Normal versoin and GOTY edition)

Final Fantasy VII (PS1, PSP, PS3, PC, PS4)

Fianl Fantasy X (PS2, PS3)

Final Fantasy XII (PS2 orignal, PS4 zodiac)

Resident Evil 5 (PS3, PS4)

Vagrant Story (PS1, PSP, PS3)

Disgaea (PS2, PSP)

Borderlands 2 (PS3, PS4)

Edited by fjyingturk
Added some more
  • Like 1

L.A. Noire - PS3 then PS4.  It was also my first ever Plat game. ?

Life is Strange  - PS4 then PS3. Went backwards for that one.

Tales from the Borderlands  - Physical version then online.

Assassin's Creed II - PS4 collection then PS3 version.

Far Cry 3 - PS3 then PS4. My very first Far Cry game!

Assassin's Creed Liberation - PS3 then PS4. Well it was alright.

Assassin's Creed III - PS3 to PS4. Another great AC game.

Murdered: Soul Suspect - PS4 to PS3. Well I liked it. ? Ghost stories are cool.

Hitman - PS4 to PS4? Came with Hitman two, but this time I was a professional Hitman and not a novice.

LEGO Dimensions - PS3 to PS4. My very first Lego game. Got them bought cheap on sale lol

Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood - SNES to PS4. Symphony of the Night is a classic game. Unmissable.

• Like 1

Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Psychonauts, Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms 3, and Okage. Own all physically on PS2 and digitally for trophies on PS4, though I've only played Dark Cloud 1 for trophies so far.

Danganronpa 1 and 2 on Steam and Vita. Never thought I'd own a Vita so played them on Steam then got a Vita so I bought physical copies. This was all before the PS4 bundle was announced.

All of Supergiant's games. I own all 3 on PS4 digitally, Bastion physically, and Transistor I'm going to buy the physical release when it comes and own it on Steam as well. I was holding out for physical releases forever but a friend convinced it was never going to happen. He was wrong.

Lost Dimension on PS3 and Vita. Bought it on PS3 and when I got a Vita got it on there as well. Has stacks for each system and the only game I see as acceptable to have multiple stacks for considering how the game is.

World of Final Fantasy and Exist Archive on PS4 and Vita. Wanted to grind trophies at work during lunch. Sold Vita versions when done with them.

Saints Row IV on PS3 and 4. It was on sale so I figured I'd play it again.

Heavy Rain I wanted the disc version so I bought the EU bundle with Beyond: Two Souls because I hadn't played that yet.

Hitman: Blood Money and Hitman: Absolution probably my favorite series so I bought the remasters and played them again.

Sort of Hitman Season 1 because the trophies are included with the Hitman 2 trophy list. I was more than happy about that decision, just another excuse to 100% that game again.

Gonna show my age and dig back quite a ways for my list...

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, Wii, and played through again on Switch NES app)

The Legend of Zelda (NES, Wii)

Street Fighter II (SNES, SNES again. Yes, I bought it twice on the same system when Turbo edition was released)

Final Fight (SNES, SNES again. Same as above, bought it again when the Guy edition was released)

FFVII (PS1, PC)

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 (GameCube, Wii. I'll buy them again if/when the trilogy gets ported to the Switch)

Katamari Damacy (PS2, Switch. Currently playing this one)

FFX & X-2 (PS2, PS4)

God of War 2005, God of War II (PS2, PS3)

I might be missing a few, but I'm pretty sure that's most of them.

Shadow of the Colossus: Played it on my PS2 and fell in love, played it on PS3 and PS4 since then. Played the game multiple times on each of those consoles too. Absolutely worth it.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Played originally on N64 with my cousins, then the Gamecube version, Wii virtual console version, and 3DS version. Have also double or triple dipped on some other Legend of Zelda games.

Borderlands games: played these on PS3 with a friend. More than enough fun to justify another purchase on my PS4 once i got it.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

GTA V on PS3 but got it again for PS4 because I loved the thought of playing it in first person.

Also for PS3 and PS4

Battlefield 4

Dark Souls 1 and 2

Borderlands 2

MW2

Assassins Creed 2

Bioshock 1, 2 and Infinite

L.A. Noire

Uncharted 3

Heavy Rain

GOW 3

Machinarium