Where are the Genuine PS3 controllers?

willmill97

sadly after getting burned so many times on fakes from ebay/craigslist i went with the slightly more crazy option of just buying a cheap 2nd slim model from musicmagpie (reseller in the UK not sure if they operate anywhere else) If in the US you should try local ads in the paper or gum-tree/craigslist. Like i said extreme but most trade in are people selling their old consoles with lead and controller which are almost always 1st party legit. Dont think they accept 3rd parties or the sell with a DS3 legit from their stock.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not to rub the salt in for anybody here, but I was cleaning my room the other week and found one of my old DS3’s buried at the bottom of my childhood chest of drawers. 

...Turns out I broke it slightly way back when and so hid it in case my dad ever found out :D 

For those not as fortunate as me, I highly recommend just buying a second hand controller off of a local seller. New ones are practically impossible to come by, at least in the UK. 

CEX/eBay (collection)/FB marketplace should have some second hand ones. 

Edited by MrFudge

I needed one too, I bought two ps3 controllers one from an online store and another one just recently from a gaming store and all of them are the cheap replica, the sticks are not very good as it felt like pressing the D-Pads with a thumb sticks, the buttons does not have a sensitive pressure and the clicks of the buttons are very noisy and the travel of the buttons to count as been pressed is bad!

also its not good for a precise controls like in GT6 which gonna worn out your tires real quick, plus some first party games and a game like Beyond: Two Souls that requires sixaxis Motion Controls would not works making them straight unplayable.

PRO TIP: Do Not Order ps3 Controllers from Online Stores, in the example thumbnail they shows the official Sony ones but in reality it is what they called Fake ones, even if you ask or typed ( OFFICIAL PS3 CONTROLLERS ) the search will send you to the exact same stuff.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:04 AM, MidnightDragon said:

I couldn’t find new ones or decent used ones, so bought knockoffs that are still pretty good.

Which knockoffs did you go for? I could use a new controller of some sort for ps3.

• 6 months later...

Brand new ones that are genuine are incredibly hard to find and expensive.

But you can find mint condition practically unused controllers on the used market, you do have to buy a console and probably some games with it to get them but 50-60€ buys a console with two good controllers, and you can sell the console or use for parts while kerping the controllers.

I have like ~10 PS3's in my closet because of this, half of them don't even work

• 1 month later...

Where I live getting a legit DualShock 3 is pretty much impossible. I got a supposedly original, brand new controller from a reputable seller few years back. Turned out to be a very well made Chinese counterfeit. I wanted to buy another one but in the meantime my PS3 drive refused to cooperate, and I would have to get a new PS3.