(Free) DLC's and network pass for The last of us.

Zerefe1984

After reading what many people are trying to do to get the online pass and the DLC's for this game I saw that most of the solutions was buy the digital version of the game on the psn store (I have the fisical version of the game) so I dicided to go and look at the store how much the game was and it said 20€ and this is not the goty edition, scrolling down a bit you will see the bundle with the online pass inside for the game and all the DLC's has well. 

Hope this helps some people. 

By the way this is on the Portuguese store don't know about the other in Europe or other continents leave a comment below if it is different in your country. 

(I advise you not to do a background download it occurs an error) 

Just to let everyone know that even if you pass has expired like mine naughty dog will be giving you a new one if you get the bundle, it works fine I just confirm it.. 

*This does not include the dlc left behind. 

Edited by Zerefe1984

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying. The MP dlcs were already meant to be free anyway since they announced the shutdown. The issue is that the DLC bundle they released did not contain the online pass and there was no way to buy the pass anymore.

Are you saying that the bundle contains the online pass for you, despite not containing it for everyone else?

I have bought the Ellie Edition wend it came out and the game comes with a pass I never play it online on my first PlayStation account and wend I play it yesterday it ask for it and a map that I could download it for free, I try to download through out the game and I couldn't so I went to the store and downloaded the bundle and it did not ask me for the maps or the pass again. 

This is what happened to me and I cannot answer the who's or the what's and I know some people cannot play due to the pass, this end up working for me. 

3 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying. The MP dlcs were already meant to be free anyway since they announced the shutdown. The issue is that the DLC bundle they released did not contain the online pass and there was no way to buy the pass anymore.

Are you saying that the bundle contains the online pass for you, despite not containing it for everyone else?

There should be a network/online pass (aka mp unlock) included in the free dlc bundle (though there could be regional differences). Some have had trouble making it work with the disc version. Some claim it only works with the digital version of the game. Some claims it only works for certain regions/countries. It's a bit of a mess.

Plus, to add to the confusion, the ps3 seemingly has trouble installing and activating all those the dlcs correctly (as i have posted about in other threads). So, people that "only" downloaded the bundle, might not have tried to re-download and re-install the network/online pass manually and individually by going to their download list in the xmb or view downloads section in the ps3 ps store..

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

I thought the Network Pass didn't come with the digital version? It wasn't necessary, having the game was an entitlement to play it online.

It wasn't included originally, no, but it might have been included now. Plus, some claim that the one that should be included in the free dlc bundle, only works with the digital download version of the game.

2 hours ago, wackt1 said:

this is weird, i have the physical copy and I do not remember requiring an online pass.

The ps3 disc version came with a voucher code on the back of the user manual for the online features (which basically means the mp). At least for the European editions.

For the ps4 there's no pass needed, but a ps+ membership/subscription is required instead.

1 hour ago, Zerefe1984 said:

I have bought the Ellie Edition wend it came out and the game comes with a pass I never play it online on my first PlayStation account and wend I play it yesterday it ask for it and a map that I could download it for free, I try to download through out the game and I couldn't so I went to the store and downloaded the bundle and it did not ask me for the maps or the pass again. 

This is what happened to me and I cannot answer the who's or the what's and I know some people cannot play due to the pass, this end up working for me. 

The free bundle should include a network/online pass, but for some it still doesn't work/activate (see my other replies). Maybe the bundle activated all the dlcs correctly for you.

• Like 1

Last i checked i have the NA physical version, i still require to pay 10 dollars for the season pass to access the multiplayer. Also i need other 10 dollars to fetch the "Left Behind" DLC. Since i want that plat before the show finishes on September 3rd, i'm buying a PSN card on Monday.

On 23/06/2019 at 3:51 AM, Quaddo1 said:

The free bundle should include a network/online pass, but for some it still doesn't work/activate (see my other replies). Maybe the bundle activated all the dlcs correctly for you.

Everything was in there besides the left behind dlc I do believe is because it is being sold separately at 10€ but I'll get in a couple of days once I get paid.