Can i play this game with a non-JP account?

As far as I know, you can't play it from a US account at all(obviously), but you can play it from a HK account. You'd just have to make a HK account on your vita. Only problem is, that if you are playing it for trophies, then you'd have to have the subscription. You can't unlock trophies unless you have a sub. I mean, good luck to you in finding a way around it. Hope you figure something out :)

• Like 2

I scrolled through the leaderboard, and there were 4 US accounts that somehow earned trophies in it

None of them have earned the platinum, and since it's a PS3 game it's entirely possible that they didn't earn any of them legitimately

The overwhelming majority of people on this list were Japanese accounts though. Probably only a dozen weren't

But even if it's possible to get it, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Relatively few people have earned the platinum in all these years, and you don't really have that long to do it

• Like 1

You should be able to play it through vita swap using the offline method, I have a couple guys who are interested in doing this. PM me if you are interested in teamming up with us :) Or at the very least so we can share information, would be nice with it being Asia only and all

• Like 1

I've been interested in this game for awhile, from the information that I've gathered about it, no, you cannot, but i would love to be proven wrong.

I got all my information about this game from this link: http://fist.moe/

I'll copy and past a part from the setup instructions.

If you are on PSN (Vita, PS3, PS4) rather than PC you should simply be able to make a new PSN in the Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore or Hong Kong regions and search 'Frontier Z' in the PSN store and find the game. This will appear as either "魔物獵人FRONTIER Z (中文版)" or "Monster Hunter Frontier Z (Chinese Ver.)" depending on settings.

I have no guide beyond this but fields for signing up inside the game itself are Username, Email, Password and Password (Again).

You need to be on the regional account in order to pay for subscriptions, so don't download it then start it on a normal region account. PS Plus is not required to play online. Cheapest region has historically been Malaysia.

That link is a great resource for English speaking players interested in the game.

EDIT: and by non jp account, i assumed you meant no region that supports subscriptions to Frontier Z, if other regions like Malaysia and Taiwan count for you, then yeah, no problem.

Edited by Orphioon
  • Like 1

@OrphioonThe way vita trick works is it transfers unsynced trophies to any account. So if people are playing the game outside of the desired region then this will work. It's possible the Capcom account may require some verification from an actual Asian person but the account region lock will be bypassed.

If either you or @uBATTLEu has discord I'd love to talk there so we can get a little group going 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, midgetstrawdog said:

@OrphioonThe way vita trick works is it transfers unsynced trophies to any account. So if people are playing the game outside of the desired region then this will work. It's possible the Capcom account may require some verification from an actual Asian person but the account region lock will be bypassed.

If either you or @uBATTLEu has discord I'd love to talk there so we can get a little group going 

I actually didnt know too much about the vita trick, since i dont own a vita, and because of that and the shutdown, will probably not get around to it.

But if thats how it works, then i can see it being completely achievable using it, according to the site, theres enough time to do 'nearly everything' before the shutdown, and i imagine its talking about things that go beyond the scope of the 100%, i hope you guys get the 100%, you will be an extremely elite few who actually managed to go through with it.

• Like 2

Just heads up that TW version of the game is already unplayable for new players who do not already have an active subscription. You do, however, get a free 30 days trial (and supposedly another 7 days on top of that) when you create a new account...but 100%'ing this game in a months is obviously impossible.

The Taiwanese server has ceased allowing money to be deposited and will be formally closing on the 26th of December. Players logging in before the 1st of August will get 7 days free subscription and a bunch of free items and the materials to craft an N Point LS.

New accounts will get 30 days free still, and presumably the 7 days extra.

Don't know if that's the case for JP version. Couldn't find any info about it myself, but I'd definitely first check that.

Edited by Sydoki
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...