LegacyJKO09

Usurper trophy missable

20 posts in this topic

so just finished the game. great game. prob only going to beat the final secret boss as its my last shard&demon log and the 100% map. wont do the 100% items anytime soon... but on to my point,

i just realized i didnt have Usurper trophy. now i didnt think any trophy is exactly missable. but it seems it is, as it is a 2nd bad ending to the game. 

definitely a bummer. and since Judgment is out Tues. i I def wont be doing another playthrough anytime soon. or ever.

just figured people should know its a missable trophy.

Spoiler

Do you have a save file from before you confronted Gebel?  If you do and you have the sword Zangetsu gave you, all you need to do is kill Gebel without revealing the demon controlling him whose name escapes me (don't blame me, I'm playing it for the platforming action not the story).

I keep multiple save files, so for me it isn't an issue, but yeah, that can be a pain.

Glad I saw this

My PS+ backup was just before that boss, but none of my local ones were. Would've missed it if weren't for this

Posted (edited)

From PStrophies.org:
I put the ways to kill the final boss in spoilers for those who don't want to be spoiled
There seems to be 2 missable trophies:

When you go up a flight of stairs in the hall of termination, it will lead into a boss fight. Similar to how you flip the castle in SOTN, you're not supposed to just rush to this spot and beat this guy.

The first two of those are 100% missable since if you just do the third, you won't be able to fight him again. I have to replay the game up to that point for the second ending.

Spoiler

If you beat him without using Zangetsu's sword, you get one ending

Spoiler

If you beat him with Zangetsu's sword, you get another ending

Spoiler

If you fight him until the moon turns red and then slice that with zangetsu's sword, it lets you continue the game and sets you on the true ending path

Edited by Mr_Marty84

Posted (edited)

One of the great things about playing games like this on Switch is that I don't have to worry about missable trophies and instead just enjoy some old school platforming.

Edited by Remi-chan

Posted (edited)

Judgement is out now if you pre ordered the digital verison and I've been playing both. Great game. Trophies won't show up until the street date though I'm guessing.

As for the missable, Is there a certain point in the game where you should make a save?

Edited by majob

2 hours ago, majob said:

Judgement is out now if you pre ordered the digital verison and I've been playing both. Great game. Trophies won't show up until the street date though I'm guessing.

As for the missable, Is there a certain point in the game where you should make a save?

When you get done with Oriental Lab boss.

yeah so it turns out i can steam roll NG+ on same difficulty and get to him quickly. but either way, will be coming back at a later date to clean this up.

just bummed as i didn't consider missables tbh. or an extra save file. 😅

Yeah this got me as well - had to NG+ the game after I got the 100% items trophy. Thankfully it only took a couple of hours - the accelerator dash + being OP means you can get to that boss pretty quick and even sequence break some things, so if anyone's feeling bummed out about missing one or two of the endings, don't be - it really doesn't take that long.

38 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

Yeah this got me as well - had to NG+ the game after I got the 100% items trophy. Thankfully it only took a couple of hours - the accelerator dash + being OP means you can get to that boss pretty quick and even sequence break some things, so if anyone's feeling bummed out about missing one or two of the endings, don't be - it really doesn't take that long.

im not too bummed. just wishing there was a list somewhere of items to make/craft + drop locations so im not bouncing back an forth everywhere one or two items at a time lol

On 6/24/2019 at 1:41 AM, Elvick_ said:

But you could just do that anyway. Just because trophies are there doesn’t mean you have to care about them.

I get that, but on PlayStation there will always be that faint pull that the trophy list exerts on me, even if I don't usually complete the list. I don't have that problem on Switch. 

On 6/25/2019 at 11:13 AM, Remi-chan said:

I get that, but on PlayStation there will always be that faint pull that the trophy list exerts on me, even if I don't usually complete the list. I don't have that problem on Switch. 

You're trading that problem for about 100 others then since you're now playing a grossly inferior, borderline broken version of the game.

21 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

You're trading that problem for about 100 others then since you're now playing a grossly inferior, borderline broken version of the game.

yeah my idiot friend got it on switch. he praises that console and its indy titles like theyre the first ever gaming company. but yeah i watched him play both in handheld and docked. based off what i saw... they should have delayed the switch version or even better... just not release it on the switch 

1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

yeah my idiot friend got it on switch. he praises that console and its indy titles like theyre the first ever gaming company. but yeah i watched him play both in handheld and docked. based off what i saw... they should have delayed the switch version or even better... just not release it on the switch 

Yep.  Every other post on the game's official Twitter is about what they're doing to try and fix the Switch version.  What can be fixed anyway.  Some of it will never get better just because of hardware limitation.  Massive graphical downgrade and it struggles to maintain 30fps.

Posted (edited)

I feel like this trophy isn't that hard at all to miss.

You can fight Gebel pretty early in the game, and the way the levels are laid out,  you are actually funneled towards him about 30% into the playtrhu: that's the first ending.

Then later after you've defeated Zangsetsu at the 60% point, the game basically tells you that you have to go back to Gebel with Zangsetu's sword, and use in some way against him to progress (but nothing beyond that) - so naturally you would use it against Gebel. The game literally try's the hardest of just about any modern game (sept maybe last years Monster Boy) to be totally cryptic and hide the true use of the sword. So unless you use a walkthrough guide or are cheating yourself by looking up a video before you've entered the fight, odds are nearly certain that you'd get this trophy.

I got this on launch day because there wasn't any guides out or many videos, so it wasn't for several days afterwards that I learned on a forum you had to actually ignore Gebel after getting his life down to 25%, invert Mirriam, run across the ceiling and cut the moon in half with the Zangsetsu Sword, but only once it started to glow red.

Edited by Fragtaster

22 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

That’s why I’m not too miffed by the Vita cancellation, they tried. If Switch has those problems, imagine the Vita version. :/ 

15 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

That’s why I’m not too miffed by the Vita cancellation, they tried. If Switch has those problems, imagine the Vita version. :/ 

Plus the Vita doesn't have a L2 or R2 button, which I believe this game makes use of.

18 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

that would be much much worse id imagine lol. or about the same as the switch

Posted (edited)

On 6/23/2019 at 8:07 AM, LegacyJKO09 said:

so just finished the game. great game. prob only going to beat the final secret boss as its my last shard&demon log and the 100% map. wont do the 100% items anytime soon... but on to my point,

i just realized i didnt have Usurper trophy. now i didnt think any trophy is exactly missable. but it seems it is, as it is a 2nd bad ending to the game. 

definitely a bummer. and since Judgment is out Tues. i I def wont be doing another playthrough anytime soon. or ever.

just figured people should know its a missable trophy.

Is it easy for a new player? thanks

Edited by sealightbreeze