Do not buy, until they fix the screen tearing.

Spraragen88

1 hour ago, AK-1138 said:

Devs have an easy out here, they can just claim it's a gameplay feature representing the corrupting presence of elder gods.

Sad but that is probably the cheap route they are going. Hopefully it gets a day 1 patch (though it should have come out the day the game launched (today) or else what was the point of paying to play a few days early?

It just breaks the game. Everything from aiming at enemies to just walking around the city causes the screen to look like it is being sliced with a katana.

4 hours ago, Spraragen88 said:

Sad but that is probably the cheap route they are going. Hopefully it gets a day 1 patch (though it should have come out the day the game launched (today) or else what was the point of paying to play a few days early?

It just breaks the game. Everything from aiming at enemies to just walking around the city causes the screen to look like it is being sliced with a katana.

damn for real? is it that bad? i was gonna get it day one because it looks like a very interesting game, but after the experience i had with Fallout 4 (broken mess at launch & still broken in some areas) back then, i've been really careful with what i buy. hope it gets a fix day one.

14 minutes ago, Arielferrari19 said:

damn for real? is it that bad? i was gonna get it day one because it looks like a very interesting game, but after the experience i had with Fallout 4 (broken mess at launch & still broken in some areas) back then, i've been really careful with what i buy. hope it gets a fix day one.

I will update on Tuesday. People who bought the season pass get to play early, so maybe there is a day 1 patch coming when everyone can play it. But yeah, the game is super unstable. It doesn't matter what you do, everything causes screen tearing. This is a budget game too, so at least Fallout 4 had devs with time and money to patch. These devs are known for releasing buggy games and either not fixing them or taking a month (Sherlock Holmes games) to do get a patch pushed out. 

I really wish I paid like $40 at most for this. It has an interesting story but tries so hard to be Evil Within that nothing about it feels natural or polished. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spraragen88 said:

There will probably be a patch on Thursday when it's officially out especially if more people who got it early complain about it.

40 minutes ago, Spraragen88 said:

I really wish I paid like $40 at most for this. It has an interesting story but tries so hard to be Evil Within that nothing about it feels natural or polished. 

Is this game creepy? I'm easily frightened and I can't play The Evil Within... but this game looks interesting. I wanted to give it a try but not if it's too scary.

2 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Is this game creepy? I'm easily frightened and I can't play The Evil Within... but this game looks interesting. I wanted to give it a try but not if it's too scary.

Not creepy, more like a trip through Wonderland and you are Alice.  Lots of mystery, strange world, but nothing really scary.

2 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Just out of curiosity are you on base model or on Pro?

Pro

I already play it on pro.

it has some screen tearing and stuttering and lag in the menu.

but it is as my expectation of eurojank game and still in the "boundary" of acceptable but better performance always welcome

the game is very enjoyable and easy platinum as well. Really recommended , the spooky is here but just only for excitement not scary.

• Like 2

I don't think the OP knows what screen tearing is... The game, on the pro, has literally no screen tearing. However, it feels jerky like it's running at an unlocked framerate between 30 and 45fps,rater than a smooth framerate. Either that or the frame paving is off. 

However, literally no screen tearing. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Picked this title up on sale for $20 CAD and can confirm; no screen tearing. Worth it at the price IMO for the story. There is, however, unforgivable texture pop-ins and janky framerate issues. PS4 Pro seems to want it to run at 60 FPS but it's often all over the place. The stuttering is terrible. The graphics aren't even that good, so it shouldn't be this poorly optimized. Definitely a developer issue.

Edited by HumanAbandonware

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I just finished my platinum on PS5 and it ran anything but "fabulously" lmao It runs better, in terms from frames, but still ganky movement, bad textures and the terrible loading.

I posted that before the game really opened up and never thought about it again. Frame rate is good, but texture pop in is bad in some places and stutters happen pretty regularly.