Does this work with non-DUALSHOCK controllers?

Varhur

I have Genesis P65 pad and it lacks one of the functions in TLoU, which is turning flashlight back on with shaking the controller. I'm telling about this, because this game has some moments, where pad movements are required and idk if i can complete them. Is it not the case or i need to use DUALSHOCK?

You can switch back and forth for the sections where ds3/4 functions are required, that is how i did it. You will have to restart checkpoints if you dont know where they are.

You can for this play with your smartphone if you download the app, it adapts the button inputs then. So it should be possible

7 minutes ago, colia100 said:

You can switch back and forth for the sections where ds3/4 functions are required, that is how i did it. You will have to restart checkpoints if you dont know where they are.

You can for this play with your smartphone if you download the app, it adapts the button inputs then. So it should be possible

What app, if i might ask?

It would have been nice if they made this online instead of couch co-op. When I did this on PS3 I had 2 black controllers so it got confusing sometimes switching. Now at least on PS4 they are different colours.

Also online would add to the element of passing it off to Aiden as you can't see the person you are playing with :)

Edited by Dr_Mayus

2 hours ago, colia100 said:

Its called Beyond Touch and you can find it in the playstore (at least on android)

DL it and it works fine (though i think this is ps4 inly, not sure)

PS3... Fuck

EDIT: Actually went to see the app and it's reverse situation, it mentions PS3 all the time, but no words for PS4.

Edited by Varhur

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Yeah I'm confused.  I'm using aftermarket ps3 controllers I got on Amazon.  There is some rumble so I feel it's dual shock but for some reason I can't get the guard to jump off the balcony in the embassy level.  It's like the image is saying controller down and or press down and I hit both and he won't jump.  I've hit all the buttons can't move the toggle up or to the right or he will get off the ledge.  What to do?

I don't believe the app is in the playstore for anymore for android either.

I downloaded the app from a different site.  With the app you can make him jump off the ledge.  It's pretty dumb it's like square to jump and x to not jump, yet not with the actual controller.

Edited by LegendExeter