Unearned plat?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I found a walkthrough/achievement guide that has worked WONDERS for me so far. It's a tough game with very little hand holding but this guide even includes Seeds for the regular adventure, as well as step by step on how to get certain in game achievements (many are tied to trophies so it's great). This will definitely help others who decide to talk the game get the plat, I'm not too far off myself, just some trophies for Mithril Run and the Spellcaster trophy in Dark Ritual that I just can't seem to get to pop for the life of me.

Guide here

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/28/2021 at 4:59 PM, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I'm not too far off myself, just some trophies for Mithril Run and the Spellcaster trophy in Dark Ritual that I just can't seem to get to pop for the life of me.

Guide here

Hi Rainman, I noticed you hadn't got the Spellcaster trophy still. I got it tonight but I've done several runs and have only seen the two pentagrams on the floor once. With that said, it took several runs for the skull key puzzle to spawn for me, so who knows.

For me, the location for Spellcaster spawned in The Observatory - I'm assuming it might also spawn in The Mansion but have my doubts it would spawn in any of the other places, so you should be able to do some fast runs just to see if it's there by running upstairs from the start and then upstairs again.

I tried every scroll I had and none worked. Fortunately I found some more scrolls in The Observatory - one was Detect Magic which was the required one (I have seen this confirmed on a Steam post here - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1843412568) so I think the fantastic walkthrough on True Achievements might be wrong for once. It makes sense for it to be Detect Magic because a magic chest appears when you cast it.

I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
On 9/29/2023 at 8:46 PM, baboon_overlord said:

Hi Rainman, I noticed you hadn't got the Spellcaster trophy still. I got it tonight but I've done several runs and have only seen the two pentagrams on the floor once. With that said, it took several runs for the skull key puzzle to spawn for me, so who knows.

For me, the location for Spellcaster spawned in The Observatory - I'm assuming it might also spawn in The Mansion but have my doubts it would spawn in any of the other places, so you should be able to do some fast runs just to see if it's there by running upstairs from the start and then upstairs again.

I tried every scroll I had and none worked. Fortunately I found some more scrolls in The Observatory - one was Detect Magic which was the required one (I have seen this confirmed on a Steam post here - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1843412568) so I think the fantastic walkthrough on True Achievements might be wrong for once. It makes sense for it to be Detect Magic because a magic chest appears when you cast it.

I hope this helps.

I just booted this game back up to see if I can clean up these trophies. Am I missing something for the 20 kills as a halfling in stealth? I'm sure I've killed well over 20 in stealth and nothing has popped so far. Is it in a particular area the kills need to be made?

• Like 1

@baboon_overlord still haven't attempted the Spellcaster trophy yet, I'm currently working on the You Shall Not Pass and it seems to be bugged or I'm not fulfilling the requirements properly? In The Bridge area I've killed the Balrog with a wizard about 4 times so far, and the trophy still hasn't triggered. Is there a certain location within that level I have to kill him at?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

@baboon_overlord still haven't attempted the Spellcaster trophy yet, I'm currently working on the You Shall Not Pass and it seems to be bugged or I'm not fulfilling the requirements properly? In The Bridge area I've killed the Balrog with a wizard about 4 times so far, and the trophy still hasn't triggered. Is there a certain location within that level I have to kill him at?

Hi Rainman, hope you are well and I'm glad you came back to this game - I loved it so much I Platted both stacks!

You Shall Not Pass! and Sneaky Git should both unlock with no issues. There is no special condition for killing the Balrog other than using the Wizard. Spiders definitely count for stealth kills.

The trophies shouldn't be bugged - they all popped with no issues for me on both stacks when you get the in-game achievement text, so I can only conclude you are probably getting the same nasty error code I got on Horizon Forbidden West.

You can check the thread I made here about it if you'd like more background:

but the tl;dr is:

Find the error history log: Select (Settings) > [System] > [Error History].

The two error codes I was getting were:

- NP-32091-5

- NP-32430-2

These apply specifically to trophies not unlocking.

If  that is the case, then try rebuilding the database. If that doesn't work you will probably have no other option but to delete your profile, so if you do have to do this, please back up all your saves, synch trophies if you need to and save your trophy images to a USB if you care about them. No games will be deleted from your console.

I don't know if you know but you can backup your saves on Unexplored: make a copy onto the cloud or a USB of both the save and the profile. You can save once you go up the stairs to where the Balrog is by exiting the game from the menu (I think it says "Save and Quit". That fight is a pain and I would hate you to have to do everything yet again!

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll do my best to help.

Edit: I assumed you were playing on PS4 but I just checked your profile and see you have a PS5, so maybe try uploading your save to the cloud and unlocking on whichever console you aren't using. I don't own a PS5 so I'm afraid I don't know what the error codes are or where in the menu you would find them.

Edited by baboon_overlord

2 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

Hi Rainman, hope you are well and I'm glad you came back to this game - I loved it so much I Platted both stacks!

You Shall Not Pass! and Sneaky Git should both unlock with no issues. There is no special condition for killing the Balrog other than using the Wizard. Spiders definitely count for stealth kills.

The trophies shouldn't be bugged - they all popped with no issues for me on both stacks when you get the in-game achievement text, so I can only conclude you are probably getting the same nasty error code I got on Horizon Forbidden West.

You can check the thread I made here about it if you'd like more background:

but the tl;dr is:

Find the error history log: Select (Settings) > [System] > [Error History].

The two error codes I was getting were:

- NP-32091-5

- NP-32430-2

These apply specifically to trophies not unlocking.

If  that is the case, then try rebuilding the database. If that doesn't work you will probably have no other option but to delete your profile, so if you do have to do this, please back up all your saves, synch trophies if you need to and save your trophy images to a USB if you care about them. No games will be deleted from your console.

I don't know if you know but you can backup your saves on Unexplored: make a copy onto the cloud or a USB of both the save and the profile. You can save once you go up the stairs to where the Balrog is by exiting the game from the menu (I think it says "Save and Quit". That fight is a pain and I would hate you to have to do everything yet again!

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll do my best to help.

Edit: I assumed you were playing on PS4 but I just checked your profile and see you have a PS5, so maybe try uploading your save to the cloud and unlocking on whichever console you aren't using. I don't own a PS5 so I'm afraid I don't know what the error codes are or where in the menu you would find them.

I ended up getting sneaky git, so I'm just down to You Shall Not Pass and Spellcaster. I have a save right before the bridge so I'm gonna try it again and see. If it keeps giving me headaches I'll check the errors and see maybe I'm having the same issue.

Edit* LITERALLY deleted the game and reinstalled it, and did a fresh run superfast and it popped. Idk, I'm at my wits end but I'll take the win at this point 🤣 now is spellcaster so I'll just do a few runs straight to the observatory for simplicity to see if it shows up there

Edited by MyNameIs_Rainman
Trophy popped
  • Like 1