Trophy hell

shadowthecat2000

Dunwall City Trials easely has some of the most infuriating set of trophies I've ever come across! I have spent 5 straight hours trying to get "time management" and two more hours trying to get "headhunter" and don't get me started on "by my hand alone" so I failed.... OVER AND OVER AND OVER! If anyone could give me advice I would greatly appreciate it!  p.s. alternatively you can tell me your stories trying to get them. 

Edited by shadowthecat2000

For me the hardest was Daredevil. It's very luck based.

I hope this video will help.

Thanks I will make sure to see that!

EDIT: I got time management!  :lol:

EDIT: I got headhunter, YES!   B)

EDIT: Wow my "tricky jumps" barely ever calculate and my  :cross: button is extremely unresponsive in this mission only!

Edited by shadowthecat2000
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Damn, I wasted at least 4 hours yesterday to get 3 stars in Burglary Expert...

Tried Head Hunter for 1 hour maybe but failed horribly. The only time I did 20 headshots I didn't have 100% accuracy...

Experimented a bit in Bonefires, but I hardly get to 6-7 markers. Only once I got to the 10000 points mark...

This is really going to be hell.

• 2 weeks later...

By My Hand Alone.Is the last one I need... and it is eating at my soul.Why the hell did they need to make it so random? It's almost impossible to do it without the enemies instant killing eachothers...

Hey Doc - bit of advice when going for By My Hands Alone - if you miss just one or two guys keep going to the end.

Im virtually sure that a tallboy killed someone in round 10 for me, but I still got the trophy after killing the final merchant. (my kill count numbers definetly were 1 short when it popped) so its possible that the trophy is a little more lenient than people think....

Hey Doc - bit of advice when going for By My Hands Alone - if you miss just one or two guys keep going to the end.

Im virtually sure that a tallboy killed someone in round 10 for me, but I still got the trophy after killing the final merchant. (my kill count numbers definetly were 1 short when it popped) so its possible that the trophy is a little more lenient than people think....

So far I've only read the opposite. Like reaching the end with 53 and not getting it :hmm:

Doesn't matter tho. To try and get the kills I always end up not having anymore health in round 5-6.

Too many people with ranged attack, or gangin up on me from all sides.

So far I've only read the opposite. Like reaching the end with 53 and not getting it :hmm:Doesn't matter tho. To try and get the kills I always end up not having anymore health in round 5-6.Too many people with ranged attack, or gangin up on me from all sides.

im not lying, if that's what you're implying - but whatever, I have it and you don't, so take my advice or dont, doesn't matter to me!

If you're having trouble conserving health, try to deal with everyone in rounds 1-5 (pre-slowdown rounds) by doing 1 crosbow bolt as you run for them, followed by sword before they recover. That seemed to be the most efficient way to kill without taking damage. If you run out of bolts use gun, but youll need that later incase you miss the dropkill on a tallboy (you should be okay though, as you can recover bolts from bodies at the end of each round)

im not lying, if that's what you're implying - but whatever, I have it and you don't, so take my advice or dont, doesn't matter to me!

If you're having trouble conserving health, try to deal with everyone in rounds 1-5 (pre-slowdown rounds) by doing 1 crosbow bolt as you run for them, followed by sword before they recover. That seemed to be the most efficient way to kill without taking damage. If you run out of bolts use gun, but youll need that later incase you miss the dropkill on a tallboy (you should be okay though, as you can recover bolts from bodies at the end of each round)

I was just implying that this thing is too much shit to expect it to have a reliable and consistent outcome. Trophy earning included.

I had to perfect Bend Time Massacre 2 times before the game decided to give me the trophy Time Management :hmm:

So it's more plausible I'll not unlock the trophy even by getting 53 kills. That's usually my luck anyway.

Yeah, that Time management trophy was a pain. For me it was getting the 'Pincushion' bonus round. Every time it wpuld fail, despite seing 4 seperate blood stains, so I know all 4 bolts hit him. Eventually I got it once when that bonus round didn't come up, but it was infuriating as fuck.

I managed Trophy Management whit Pincushion cleared successfully even tho 2 bolts were clearly on the ground and not in the body. And the Art Dealer survived and was asking for help on his knees...

:dunno:

This DLC is utter crap.

I managed Trophy Management whit Pincushion cleared successfully even tho 2 bolts were clearly on the ground and not in the body. And the Art Dealer survived and was asking for help on his knees... :dunno:This DLC is utter crap.

Id say the trophies are crap.

The DLC itself is great (in my opinion)

There. I knew it.

This time I KNOW I killed them all, but the game didn't register 2 kills respectively in round 10 and 11.

I know I killed them because I shot them all personally after killing the tall boy of each round.

And guess what? No trophy.