Race to 100 platinum trophies

Gumby114

20 hours ago, Kristmas2 said:

Quality > Quantity <3

21 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Exactly. I'd rather chop off my pinky than to play shitty games just to boost my trophy collection.

You mean the 40 wouldn't be quality? ? I have realigned my goal to games that I have played to enjoy rather than quick bangers. I know I wont get it done before December 31st but I will enjoy getting there.

Edited by Gumby114

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/06/2019 at 2:54 PM, Bos10George said:

This milestone means different things for different people. Some people can spam 100 trash platinums in a week, while others methodically choose lengthier games and can take a few years given their lifestyle. 

Your goal is very attainable. What I would do personally, is pick out several games that take a little longer that you would enjoy but have a few quick plats in the bank if you start falling below your target. Inevitably life will happen and you won't be able to finish a game in the time you thought so its good to have your Ratalaika and click-a-thon Japanese games ready if you are trying to set a time limit.

An even better idea is not give yourself this goal at all. Play and enjoy whatever you want and don't stress about a number that ultimately you're the only one that truly cares about.

I follow this ideia of not having a goal at all, I always make some goal about a game or two, but when I start to play I totally don't care about it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update - I have earned Platinum number 68!

I have taken peoples advice and decided not to try and bang out the remaining trophies before New Years and enjoy the ride of earning 100 platinum's from games that I will enjoy.

Last week I earned the platinum trophy for Megaquarium. It is a fun management sim that puts you in the shoes of an aquarium owner. I enjoyed the challenge of making sure that your fish were compatible with one another. I would find that some fish needed to be in schools of 6 or more and I often didn't have the space to fit that many fish. Or I would build a new tank and plug the filter and heater on, only to figure out that I was trying to place a cold water fish. Along with keeping the water pristine, feeding the fish the right food and at the right temperature - you also need to juggle the needs of the visitors. This was an aspect that is largely over looked by the day to day upkeep of the fish.

The one big glaring problem with the game is evident in the final level. You need to begin from scratch and build up to prestige 12 so you can get the biggest animal an aquarium could hold - A Whale Shark! However in order to get this you need to build everything in the game and then some. I would find that this overloaded the game (playing in fast forward was impossible) and caused frequent crashes. At first it was maybe every 15 minutes, then every 3-5 minutes. I have 300GB of free room on my ps4, so I don't think it was a storage issue. This really soured the whole feel of the game for me as the final level took a little over 4 hours..... game time. This doesn't include the crashed that happened (one afternoon, I would guess the game crashed 30-40 times!)

Overall this game is pretty fun - it just needs an update to solve the crashing issue. 6/10

1L168e25.png

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 8:22 AM, Gumby114 said:

Update - I have earned Platinum number 68!

I have taken peoples advice and decided not to try and bang out the remaining trophies before New Years and enjoy the ride of earning 100 platinum's from games that I will enjoy.

Congrats! 

I will also join with the people's opinion that you should take your time and get plats that you actually enjoy, ESPECIALLY since you have quite a decent list :) . Planning a roadmap with all the games is in truth more fun than dropping tons of stacks of crappy games. I mean, having that behemoth AC Oddysey just to be followed by 10 stacks of Mayo...eh not aesthetically pleasing xD 

Keep up the good work!!!! It looks like you are enjoying this so take all the time you need :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, number 69 came quickly ;) 

Let me start by saying I am not a Call of Duty player. I haven't played a Call of Duty since the first Modern Warfare and while I enjoyed it, i wasn't as awed by the story as most people were. 

I am going to say the same thing for the 2019 reboot of Modern Warfare........ the story was somewhat enjoyable but not the masterclass that some people have been making it out to be. I have read "it’s hard to think of an FPS from the last five or ten years that could hold a candle to it" and "this is best Call of Duty campaign to ever grace our eyes". In my opinion, these statements are a little far fetched and over exaggerate the truth. The story for these games are still very much for 'the boyz'. In saying that there were some great missions and set pieces that I enjoyed. The mission clean house was and will continue to be my favourite COD mission to date. The watch tower falling over in the first mission was particularly enjoyable to have unfold, the initial 30 seconds of clean house and countless other instances are what made this game enjoyable. Not the story, but the happenings in each mission.  

Gun play is where it's at tho. COD know how to make guns feel fun and like they pack a punch. Shooting down a helicopter with a cluster strike, hitting a group of enemies with a well throw grenade and the punch of an m4 feel as brilliant as they did when I first played Modern Warfare all those years ago. 

It's a great game to zone out to and play with your mates with a beer.

Solid 7/10 

1L79527b.png

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Aaaaaaaaaaand we have number 70!

Sims 4 was free and took me two hours. Nothing more, nothing less. I followed the wonderful Platinum guide that is here on PSNProfiles. If you want a pretty easy platinum, pick this bad boy up before the 29th. 

Not giving it a score. I never played it how it was intended. 

1L718efb.png

Edited by Gumby114
  • Like 2

Earned platinum number 71 yesterday. 

Need for Speed games are my guilty pleasure. That thing you feel a bit dirty for playing but love every second of it. This Need for Speed was no different. I did find the story a bit worthless (very short and not as exciting as payback) but gee, the racing was another hit of what I was looking for. I try and play an arcade racer alongside other games to zone out to when I have had a big day at work and a solid story will be to much to focus on. 

Visually this game is stunning. The cars are brilliant, the scenery looks great when you are zooming past at 250kmph and the customisation is getting closer to NFS Underground 2. The cops in this game however are brutal at lower levels (use the jumps over water to your advantage). I really just liked this game, nothing more to say really.

My only complaint (as is many others) is a few speed traps - two in particular spring to mind. The one through the town and the one over the bridge. I didn't spend as long as some but my advice (like many others) is to use the Porsche. It's broken..... Way better than the Regera.  

Overall this game is not groundbreaking but it is a solid arcade racing experience. 7/10

Ld0124b.png

• Like 2

We have number 72!

Lara Croft Go. I purchased this game a little over a year ago for $2 AUD. It was cheap and easy and another platinum trophy. 

I must admit I did enjoy this game a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. It was pretty difficult at some stages, I tried to complete the game without hints of a guide. The shadow world was by far the most difficult, 

Anyway. Not a bad game. 5/10

1Lf116e4.png 

Number 73 down! 

Far Cry 4 was a game I started so that I could help a mate earn the coop trophies……

This game was fun 85% of the time. The story was good and the gunplay was tight. Pagan Min was a great villain and I relished the moment when you finally caught up to him.

But the 15% of the time when this game is not good killed me. I finished all missions and outposts/fortresses and still needed to grind about 20 levels. I think if you finish all activities and missions, you should have enough experience. It didn’t leave me wanting to play more….. And I was hoping all progress transferred to the DLC – spoiler – it does not. You begin with nothing but your knife and no skills unlocked.

I was happy to see the end of it.

6/10

1L24bade.png

2 hours ago, BossZombieMan said:

100 platinum in one year is very easy if you play like the leaderboard players. In 2019 i won 145 platinums while playing only 2/3 of the years.

What does playing like the leaderboard players involve?

5 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

Consider the following options:

1- Play EVERYTHING under the sun

2- Just play all the EZPZ/Ratalaika games with their stacks (popular choice)

3- Join a team account

4- Get flagged for mythical feats of gaming

5- Pay someone to get you plats/shareplay/etc

6- Do all of the above

Or, y'know, you just keep doing what you're doing. :)

I've been curious on why you placed your thread here instead of the Trophy Checklist subforum, lol.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Bittersweet said:

3- Join a team account

6- Do all of the above

I've been curious on why you placed your thread here instead of the Trophy Checklist subforum, lol.

I do all the trophies by myself and don't cheat. I said playing not what you said. 

6 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

You have to do 6 stacks fast games with EU AS US accounts on ps4 and psvita.

8 hours ago, BossZombieMan said:

I do all the trophies by myself and don't cheat. I said playing not what you said.

Good for you, however you advised OP to play like leaderboard people. Based on what I've observed around these parts, some leaderboard people consider those actions to count as "playing". Was just making a tongue-in-cheek post on the idea, don't think too hard about it.

8 hours ago, BossZombieMan said:

You have to do 6 stacks fast games with EU AS US accounts on ps4 and psvita.

Proved Option 2 validity, thanks.

13 hours ago, Bittersweet said:

3- Join a team account

6- Do all of the above

Not on purpose - just wasn't sure what subforum to place it under. Didn't know I placed it in the wrong spot. 

I'm happy plugging away with games I enjoy. Don't need to earn 100+ plats in 6 months. 

• Like 2

Way to go for keeping it up! I'm 3 plats away from 100. Gonna restart Persona 5 after I finish South Park: The Stick of Truth. The plan is to do a first playthrough of P5, play an easy game, then do the 2nd (hopefully final) playthrough. It might take me a few months though because P5 is very long. Though depending on FF7 Remake's plat tile, I might change it to that.

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

You're one trophy away from the platinum in Crash Team Racing. Any particular reason why, or are you saving it for a milestone?

You guess it Spaz, it's a milestone plat. I am one away from Crash (plat 75) and Medievil (plat 100). These were pre planned. Spyro 2 was planned as number 50. These were my 3 favourite games when I played them on the PSone. Seems fitting they are milestones for my adult life. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2019 at 7:53 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Good luck! I have the same goal, but I'm 20 plats ahead of you with maybe a handful of easy games. I'm hoping there's a nice decent sale in the future.  It I have missed out a chance to grab a couple easy games because the price wasn't what I wanted it to be.

I finally reached my 100th platinum milestone. Good luck on your journey. I'm already planning my 125th plat.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I finally reached my 100th platinum milestone. Good luck on your journey. I'm already planning my 125th plat.

Congratulations! 

That an amazing achievement. What are you thinking for number 125?

You have beaten me by a country mile! I have been playing a lot of Overwatch of late. It has really hindered my progress. I have a few games there to finish but I cannot muster the enthusiasm. 

Edited by Gumby114
  • Like 1